40, 80 Cards?

Cards?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Cards?

^^ Pwned :)

Anywhoop, say your deck relies on one card (DDT [sorry, I haven't played competitively in six months, so I'm behind on the meta] or the like), and you run three, yeah? You have a 3/40 chance of drawing it on any given turn. Aren't those better odds than 3/80? Twice as good, in fact. And since you desperately need that card, the faster the better. Like Exodia, for instance.

Edit: Oh, and for bfmvrocks, what is the surface area of a sphere with radius 5metres? :)

ok, 40 card is better than 80, cause i had 80 card in WC 2006 and it take long time to get my lucky cards...and i am playing them right now and what is the deck for mid-start.

also, i am in sunlight and i can't get more pack or anyhing because my deck sux... what is the fast way to get more pack?

Also i beat the ghost named "jin", with my 80 deck!

ok' date=' 40 card is better than 80, cause i had 80 card in WC 2006 and it take long time to get my lucky cards...and i am playing them right now and what is the deck for mid-start.

also, i am in sunlight and i can't get more pack or anyhing because my deck sux... what is the fast way to get more pack?

[/quote']

The fastest way to get more cards is the All Cards Action Replay code.

Like I said, I haven't played in six months, and as far as I know Exodia decks win by drawing Exodia... unless the rules have changed somehow and just showing them in your deck forces the scoop.

DDT doesn't rely on Diamond Dude, no, but it's sure as hell a lot easier to win when you can maintain him on the field, don't you agree?

Anywhoop' date=' say your deck relies on one card (DDT [sorry, I haven't played competitively in six months, so I'm behind on the meta'] or the like), and you run three, yeah? You have a 3/40 chance of drawing it on any given turn. Aren't those better odds than 3/80? Twice as good, in fact. And since you desperately need that card, the faster the better. Like Exodia, for instance.

Edit: Oh, and for bfmvrocks, what is the surface area of a sphere with radius 5metres? :)

surface area = 4pr2

= 4 × 3.14 × 52

= 314

Right?

Just looking at it for some reason it doesn't seem to make sense to me... just because 314 is 100x 3.14, and 4x52 isn't 100 I think...

As for the formula, I haven't checked. Fix the above first. Of course, I'm on a long weekend, my IQ is liable to drop about 80 points, leaving it at... -20, I believe :P

Anywhoop' date=' say your deck relies on one card (DDT [sorry, I haven't played competitively in six months, so I'm behind on the meta'] or the like), and you run three, yeah? You have a 3/40 chance of drawing it on any given turn. Aren't those better odds than 3/80? Twice as good, in fact. And since you desperately need that card, the faster the better. Like Exodia, for instance.

surface area = 4pr2

= 4 × 3.14 × 52

= 314

Right?

653.12 to me by using calcuator.

Like I said' date=' I haven't played in six months, and as far as I know Exodia decks win by drawing Exodia... unless the rules have changed somehow and just showing them in your deck forces the scoop.

[/quote']

Exodia decks have never won by drawing Exodia. They win by drawing the cards needed to set up combos that allow them to draw their entire decks, such as Mantiloop, Bistrecruiter, and Valleyloop. The key to victory is the combo, not Exodia itself. That's one of the reasons why Limiting the Exodia limbs makes no sense; nobody would run more than one of each anyhow.

DDT doesn't rely on Diamond Dude' date=' no, but it's sure as hell a lot easier to win when you can maintain him on the field, don't you agree?

[/quote']

DDT doesn't maintain ANYTHING on the field. It has no defense whatsoever. The only thing DDT cares about is setting up its little combo; maintaining anything other than advantage is completely unnecessary.

Like I said' date=' I haven't played in six months, and as far as I know Exodia decks win by drawing Exodia... unless the rules have changed somehow and just showing them in your deck forces the scoop.

[/quote']

Exodia decks have never won by drawing Exodia. They win by drawing the cards needed to set up combos that allow them to draw their entire decks, such as Mantiloop, Bistrecruiter, and Valleyloop (???). The key to victory is the combo, not Exodia itself. That's one of the reasons why Limiting the Exodia limbs makes no sense; nobody would run more than one of each anyhow.

Ah, see, this is what not playing competitively does to you. I casually observe my friends playing, and, let me be blunt, aren't the cream of the dueling crop. None of them run OTK decks, and the closest thing to Exodia is just Heart of the Underdog Exodia. If I told them Exodia decks weren't run to win via Exodia, I would be ostricized for being a heathen and banished for my blasphemy.

BTW I have NO idea what those cards are.

DDT doesn't rely on Diamond Dude' date=' no, but it's sure as hell a lot easier to win when you can maintain him on the field, don't you agree?

DDT doesn't maintain ANYTHING on the field. It has no defense whatsoever. The only thing DDT cares about is setting up its little combo; maintaining anything other than advantage is completely unnecessary.

[/quote']

Isolation from pro Yugimonz has made me forget about good ol' OTK's. Thank you, I have to admit I clean forgot about this.

[/quote']

Exodia decks have never won by drawing Exodia. They win by drawing the cards needed to set up combos that allow them to draw their entire decks, such as Mantiloop, Bistrecruiter, and Valleyloop (???). The key to victory is the combo, not Exodia itself. That's one of the reasons why Limiting the Exodia limbs makes no sense; nobody would run more than one of each anyhow.

Ah, see, this is what not playing competitively does to you. I casually observe my friends playing, and, let me be blunt, aren't the cream of the dueling crop. None of them run OTK decks, and the closest thing to Exodia is just Heart of the Underdog Exodia. If I told them Exodia decks weren't run to win via Exodia, I would be ostricized for being a heathen and banished for my blasphemy.

BTW I have NO idea what those cards are.

Technically, it does win via the effect of Exodia, the Forbidden One, but that's not really the point.

Mantiloop involves 2 Manticore of Darkness and 1 Card of Safe Return. Send one Manticore to the graveyard with COSR on the field, then during the end phase, repeatedly tribute one Manticore for the other until you've drawn your entire deck.

Bistrecruiter sucks. If you really want to know what it is, it uses something like Creature Swap to hand The Bistro Butcher to the opponent, then uses a chain of Nova Summoner --> Shining Angel --> UFOroid --> UFO Turtle --> Masked Dragon --> Troop Dragon to draw cards (at the cost of some Life Points). It's horribly inconsistent and should not be used.

Valleyloop uses Spell Economics, Cyber Valley, Machine Duplication, and Dimension Fusion to draw your entire deck. Spell Economics isn't even necessary, since without it you can still draw 6 cards, which will usually give you either Spell Economics, allowing you to draw forever, or as much advantage as you need to win.

Oh! I thought they were cards *hits self on head* :)

I've heard of Mantiloop but never of the other two, though the second uses cards I recognize (must be a recent discovery?). The third, I have no idea what Cyber Valley is. Does it have something to do with Cyber Ogre? *vague memory*

Oh! I thought they were cards *hits self on head* :)

I've heard of Mantiloop but never of the other two' date=' though the second uses cards I recognize (must be a recent discovery?). The third, I have no idea what Cyber Valley is. Does it have something to do with Cyber Ogre? *vague memory*

[/quote']

Cyber Valley is like Cyber Ogre in that they're both Machine-Type, both have "Cyber" in the name, and both appeared in the GX Anime. Aside from that, they're completely different.

CyberValleyPTDN-EN-SR.png

Cyber Valley is also the key card of the latest Magical Explosion FTK, one of the top three decks in this format.

Archived