ED Support Contest [FINISHED]

So, first contest. (ED = Extra Deck)

Here is the general information for the contest.

Fees and Deadlines
POT: 150 points (Added 30 as a starting point)

Fee: 5 points
Contestants: 6
Deadline: June 25, 2014 (Wednesday)

Card Requirements

1) The card must be a Main Deck effect monster (or a Spell Card).
2) The card must be used to support the Special Summoning of an Extra Deck monster OR support an ED card in general.
3) Written cards are allowed. Points will be scaled accordingly.
4) Must be realistic. No joke cards. Use existing game mechanics.

Grading Scale

Trying out my grading scale.

EDIT: Updated Grading Scale.

Balance - ?/15 (Does the card have enough drawbacks to prevent it from being an OTK device or a +2 or higher?)
Usability - ?/15 (Is the card usable today? Does it have a space in today's decks or decks that need it?)
Creativity - ?/10 (Is the card not generic and look like a typical card?)
OCG - ?/5 (Only obvious errors will be pointed out and corrected)
Picture/Name -?/5 (Does the name coincide with the picture? Is the picture pleasing to the eyes and not something made in Paint?)

Pretty generic grading scale.

Contest Participants
Judges - 2
Me
Overfrost

Contestants - 3
1) Ascended Dragon Sage (5)
2) Aqua Hina (50 - Thank you for the donation)
3) Darthakin (25 - Thank you for the donation)
4) Dramatic Crossroads (5)
5) Kamishiro Ryoga (5)

6) magemeek22 (30 - Thank you for the donation)

Prizes-
1) 50% Pot
2) 30%
3) 20%

Currently in the Judging Stage. No more entries allowed.

Yea, sure, I'm in. 

Points sent; here's my card; 

7f0CfR2.jpg
You can Special Summon this card by sending 1 card from your Extra Deck to the graveyard. 
If summoned this way, this card gains the following effects: 
This card is treated as 2 Materials for the Xyz summon of a Rank 4 Xyz-monster that needs 3 or more Xyz Materials.
This card is treated as a Tuner monster and its Level is treated as 2, 3 and 4. 
This card can be subsituted for any Fusion Material Monster listed on a Fusion Monster card. The other Monsters must be the Correct Fusion Material Monsters. 
If this card is used for the Fusion or Synchro summon of a monster, banish it. If this card was used for the Xyz Summon of an Xyz monster, banish it when it would be detached. 
This Banished monster cannot be moved.

Some explanations; Lord of Y: Yugo, SYnchro, XYz. 

I'd like to sign-up for this contest. 

P.S. (@JustAnotherDuelist - can you message me with instructions how to send the entrance fee , i havent logged in forever and i dunno).

Edit: I've figured out how to charge points, but i might need tips how to get them in general. 

Here is my card submission:

14uw238.jpg

Option Explorer (EARTH)

Level: 3

[Psychic / Effect] 

You can only control 1 face-up "Option Explorer. Once per

turn, during either player's turn, if a monster is Summoned

from your Extra Deck: You can activate up to 2 of these effects:

- Target 1 monster you control; the target gains 400 ATK.

- Inflict 800 damage to your opponent.        - Draw 1 card.

ATK / 1400   DEF/ 800

(Image Credits:  Monster - Aegiomon.Bandai / Background - Dramatic Crossroad) 

Well I noticed your points sent to me, so I guess that's not an issue. You're in; added you to the roster.

Bump. You have until Wednesday to sign up/post your card.

The deadline reads as "July 25".

I'm giving my new rubric:
  • 32 - Balance/Usability/Abusability
  • 11 - OCG
  • 4 - Personal Liking
  • 3 - Aesthetics

WWfwBRy.jpg

You can tribute this face-up card, then reveal 1 "Des-Toy" Fusion Monster in your Extra Deck; banish materials listed on that Fusion Monsters from your Graveyard, then Fusion Summon that monster from your Extra Deck. You can only activate 1 "Furnimal Lizard" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

I will probably lose points for it not having wings…

Image credits to Buddha/VanKiller.

finished

[spoiler='Entry']

GETkDhL.jpg

Once per turn: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower LIGHT Fairy-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target. Its effects are negated. You cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except from your Extra Deck. A Synchro or Xyz Monster that was Summoned using this card as a Material gains the following effect.

● During the turn this card was Summoned, it cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects.

[/spoiler]

i'll enter if its still not too late, point will be sent

[spoiler='Entry']9i7IRyi.jpg

Lore:
You can send up to 4 "Rank-Up-Magic" Spell Cards from your Deck to Graveyard; Special Summon 1 Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck whose Rank is equal than number of cards sent to Graveyard, then attach this card to the Special Summoned monster as Xyz Material.If this card as Xyz Material is sent to Graveyard: You can target 1 "Rank-Up-Magic" Spell Card in your Graveyard; Add that target to your hand.You can only use effects of "Astral Core" Once per turn, and only once that turn.[/spoiler]

I would like to join! Sending points momentarily. Well, here's my card, made to Support Amulet Dragon and Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight (the Timaeus Fusion Monsters). In addition, it also has some other useful combos with Fusion Decks like Shaddolls and Dragon Fusions. (You'll see XD)

[spoiler='My Submission']

OLsPs14.jpg

When this card is targeted for an attack or by a card effect: You can Special Summon 1 "Dark Magician" or "Dark Magician Girl" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard, then Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck using that monster and this card as Fusion Material Monsters. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.) If you cannot, destroy all face-up monsters you control. If a Fusion Monster that used this card as one of its Fusion Material Monsters is destroyed: banish this card from your Graveyard and target 1 "Dark Magician" or "Dark Magician Girl" in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target. You can only use 1 "Spellbound Wyvern" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

[/spoiler]

Alright, got the the review for Darthakin. I'll write the rest and post them up in this same post when I have completed them (Because I didn't finish them all yet, and why not? It could add to the drama).
If you have any questions on any of my reviews, PM me or post below. I should have the rest up in a bit.
[spoiler=Darthakin]
7f0CfR2.jpg
Lore: You can Special Summon this card by sending 1 card from your Extra Deck to the graveyard.
If summoned this way, this card gains the following effects:
This card is treated as 2 Materials for the Xyz summon of a Rank 4 Xyz-monster that needs 3 or more Xyz Materials.
This card is treated as a Tuner monster and its Level is treated as 2, 3 and 4.
This card can be subsituted for any Fusion Material Monster listed on a Fusion Monster card. The other Monsters must be the Correct Fusion Material Monsters.
If this card is used for the Fusion or Synchro summon of a monster, banish it. If this card was used for the Xyz Summon of an Xyz monster, banish it when it would be detached.
This Banished monster cannot be moved.

- Overview -
Balance - 10/15 [Too versatile, can be used in any deck with no noticable drawbacks - Also, Shaddolls]
Usability - 14/15 [Very versatile, however, see above and below]
Creativity - 8/10 [Too many effects, lack of effect creativity]
OCG - 4/5 [Some OCG errors, most notable being where it is SSed from.]
Picture/Name - 4/5 [Good, nothing wrong, although image feels a little distorted/blurry]
Total - 40/50
- End Overview -

- Detailed Review -
In terms of balance and usability, the drawbacks on the cards do not seem to be drawbacks at all. The fact that this card gets banished and that it cannot be used afterwards hardly matters, since you have already utilized the card. The Xyz/Fusion/Synchro monster is summoned without any drawbacks, such as "it cannot attack, its effects are negated, etc.". The versatlity of this card with no noticable drawbacks make the balance of this card a little off, as this card opens up too many options in every deck that can use it, with Xyz oriented decks able to run Synchro monsters effectively, and vise-versa. Also, Shaddolls can abuse this card by sending their Fusion monsters to the Graveyard for their effects.

In terms of creativity, this card supports Extra Deck monsters as a whole, but I don't see a creative side to it. The card feels like a merge of various cards that support Extra Deck summoning. It's like you took King of the Swamp's literal effect, modified the effects of Tuningware, and placed them on the card as its effect. The only creative effect I see is the "This card is treated as 2 Materials for the Xyz summon of a Rank 4 Xyz-monster that needs 3 or more Xyz Materials.".

There are some OCG errors, but I won't go into detail on this section. The first line - You can Special Summon this card by sending 1 card from your Extra Deck to the graveyard. - does not specify where you Summon this card from, which could cause great confusion if used in games. Sure, it could be considered being summoned from the hand, but it is better to have it on the card than trying to guess where you summon it from.

Overall, this card is pretty versatile at helping you Summon out Extra Deck monsters, but the effects feel generic, as if I have seen them before on another card. Of course, most cards have been based off of other cards, but this doesn't emit much creativity off of it. It has too many effects on it, which make it hard to read and makes it too versatile. Lastly, It is abusable by Shaddoll Decks, which could use it for easy R4's and pluses. [/spoiler]
[spoiler=Dramatic Crossroad]
14uw238.jpg

- Overview -
Balance - 13/15 [Draw power is a little too much, 2 effects at once is too much]
Usability - 14/15 [Very versatile, can be summoned with E-Teleport]
Creativity - 9/10 [Nothing much to say here]
OCG - 5/5 [Flawless OCG, would probobaly say "Special Summoned from your Extra Deck" though]
Picture/Name - 5/5 [Good, nothing wrong.]
Total - 46/50
- End Overview -

- Detailed Review -
The card's draw power can grant you easy card advantage over your opponent. Other than that, the other effects are resonable. Each effect has their own specific use in certain situations, giving this card interesting utility. Using 2 effects at once seems a little too much, though. Getting a free burn or ATK buff in addition to what you wanted (drawing a card) isn't that good of an idea.

In terms of creativity, this card has some good options. You can summon it with Emergency Teleport.

Overall, card is pretty good, nothing much to review.

[/spoiler][spoiler=Ascended Dragon Sage]
Furnimal Lizard

Balance - 13/15 [Good effect, gives Furnimals Miracle Fusion, although this can give them 2 free fusions (poly then this).]
Usability - 14/15 [Easy to Normal Summon, has a place in Furnimals.]
OCG - 5/5 [Good]
Picture/Name - 4/5 [No wings.]
Total - 45//50
[/spoiler][spoiler=Aqua Hina]
Fairy Queen Gabriel

Balance - 14/15 [Wolfbark for Fairies with an added effect.]
Usability - 14/15 [Easy to use, opens up R4 plays, nets you basically a +1]
OCG - 5/5 [Good, although it should probably say "the turn you use this effect" for better clarification.]
Picture/Name - 5/5 [Good]
Total - 47/50
[/spoiler][spoiler=Kamishiro Ryoga]
Astral Core

Balance - 13/15 [Pretty large deck thinning and Xyz Monster for almost no drawback.]
Usability - 13/15 [Could easily be used in Rank-Up decks, but lack of Rank-Up spells can be an issue.]
OCG - 5/5 [Good]
Total - 45/50
[/spoiler][spoiler=magemeek22]
Spellbound Wyvern

Balance - 14/15 [Good effect, reminds me of Maiden, although last effect is a little unnecessary, as using Amulet Dragon already SS's Dark Magician.]
Usability - 13/15 [Good option in DM decks, but effect can be difficult to pull off intentionally without wasting your own cards.]
OCG - 5/5 [Good]
Total - 46/50
[/spoiler]

Archived