Small group of Fake Magic Cards

NeoRWBY65

Just 3 of them, but they are kinda wacky

Predator Hydra

XX b/r g/r b/g (slashes means hybrid mana of those colors)

Creature-Hydra

Predator Hydra enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.

Devour X (As this enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice any number of creatures. This creature enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it for each of those creatures.)

0/0

Consuming Ooze

B b/g G

Creature-Slime

Inspired- When Consuming Ooze untaps, put a token that is a copy of Consuming Ooze with X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is Consuming Ooze's power.

When a creature an opponent controls dies, put a token that is a copy of Consuming Ooze with X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is Consuming Ooze's power.

1/1

Content Sliver

8U

Creature-Sliver

Affinity for Slivers (This spell costs 1 less to cast for each Sliver you control.)

Sliver creature spells you cast have affinity for Slivers. (They cost 1 less to cast for each Sliver you control.)

4/4

I had another one, but it morphed into the sliver.

Granting Affinity to Slivers can potentially push them to great heights, but it's counterbalanced by its winmoar - if you need to cast this at its cheapest you'll need a massive field that you can already curbstomp the opponent with. But in a Sliver EDH which is infamous for vomiting Slivers once it gets rolling, this can almost amount to a one-sided Aluren for them.

There's only one other card I recall with Devour X (Thromok the Insatiable), and the Hydra seems like an almost immediate nonlegendary upgrade to it. 3 flexible mana for the same results, with the option of sinking in additional mana to put more counters on it. Or opt to not devour anything and turn this into a mana sink.

That is, unless you somehow intended the Devour X limit to be tied to the X in the hydra's cost.

There's only one other card I recall with Devour X (Thromok the Insatiable), and the Hydra seems like an almost immediate nonlegendary upgrade to it. 3 flexible mana for the same results, with the option of sinking in additional mana to put more counters on it. Or opt to not devour anything and turn this into a mana sink.

That is, unless you somehow intended the Devour X limit to be tied to the X in the hydra's cost.

Why would you consider playing it without devouring anything? 5 mana for a 1/1 with Devour 1, 7 for a 2/2 with Devour 2, 9 for a 3/3 with Devour 3, please tell me why the hydra isn't getting fed.

Why would you consider playing it without devouring anything? 5 mana for a 1/1 with Devour 1, 7 for a 2/2 with Devour 2, 9 for a 3/3 with Devour 3, please tell me why the hydra isn't getting fed.

Yes, that's inefficient use of mana. I've yet to come up with a situation where doing so would be a viable option.

Archived