[CFX] FFA Placement Match

Night

Which team has the best piece?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which team has the best piece?

Nw_CFXmatch1.png

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Team 1 -  mH2kM2h.png

Team 2 - 21kzgu8.jpg

Team 3 - Nwx_Hioco_wut.png

Team 4 - W15hs1Z.png

Team 5 - mj5h1.png

Participants are:

Team Samurai - Smear x Rai

Team Epoch - Tormented x Twenty Five Zero oh oh

Team Guardian - Night x Hioco

Team C.R.E.A.M - Ali x Madsen

Team CatDog - Catman x Dae

This is a collaboration based tagging tournament in which teams of two will put their graphic design and collaborative skills to the test in order to earn a prestigious award to showcase under their avatars for a shit ton of e-peen points.

This particular match is a free-for-all in order to decide how each team will place in the CFX tournament bracket.

Tournament bracket.

As clearly illustrated by the bracket, some slots are better than others, the vote will decide upon which team gets which slot.

Voting rules:

Anyone can vote, you don't need any graphic design knowledge to do so, critique and analysis is appreciated but not a must, comments of any sort are favorable.
• If your team submitted a piece you may not vote for it, you must still vote however.
• Bribing or informing others of which submission is yours is not permitted and if found doing so, you will be banned from the graphic competitions section.

Voting ends 9/23/14 at 11:59PM GMT -5. 

Good luck to all 5 teams.

It's really fun seeing where each other's styles came into play with all these pieces. It is easy to see which piece is which team's, but that's expected.

Pentooling in 3's worth a mention, especially the masque-style stuff on the face.

In general, toss-up between 4 and 5 though. Conceptually and humorously, 5 gets it, but there's some real dodgy rendering going on. Someone will have to tell me what the painting is afterwards. I'm guessing a Zephyrus story of some sorts. 4 in general is just better executed.

4? Maybe? Tricky for me. Both good in different ways.

^ Now that you point out that face tooling, 3's looking pretty sick, though perhaps a little overdone on the wings.

The surrounding elements of 5 kinda make me uneasy, doesn't fit the painting style that well imo, despite being a pretty cool concept.

3gmv, nice job though everyone

1 gmv, legitimately surprised it isn't getting any love. 

Definitely the most conceptually strong out of the bunch, the obscenity of it is just oddly appealing. Overall it just held my attention for the longest. 

2's got potential, the artificial lighting fucks it over, with a bit of atmo and some better shadows/lighting it'd be solid.

5's atmo is definitely interesting enough but the odd black brushing? Is really putting me off, the lightsaber's a bit fucked as well. Still a cool piece though. 

This is the quality of art that I love to see from everyone. Seriously, everyone went above and behind from the normal quality shit I see around here. I hope everyone learned a few things, because we have to keep this up. It is pro. 

I have to say that 3 gmv because of the pentool. The shapes could have been better implemented, but I cannot argue with the depth it imposes. Great job! 

Poll closes in about 16 hours, due to the way the bracket works, ties can't happen. So in the event that it does, which is looking quite plausible, we're going to need a way to resolve that. Any ideas? I was personally thinking we could get a guest judge(s) to choose between two pieces in the event of a tie. 

Poll closes in about 16 hours, due to the way the bracket works, ties can't happen. So in the event that it does, which is looking quite plausible, we're going to need a way to resolve that. Any ideas? I was personally thinking we could get a guest judge(s) to choose between two pieces in the event of a tie. 

PM a few active members and ask them to vote.

So in closing, here's how everyone placed:

Slot 1 goes to Team CatDog with submission #4.

-

Slot 2 goes to Team C.R.E.A.M with submission #5.

Slot 3 goes to Team Samurai with submission #2.

-

Slot 4 goes to Team Epoch with submission #1.

Slot 5 goes to Team Guardian with submission #3.

Here's the updated bracket.

So now that the placement match is over, we can get into the elimination rounds. I'll update the CFX discussion thread with info and dates shortly. 

Archived