Arc-Blade! (IC)

Draconus297

"Help! HELP!" It became clear in mere moments that the merchant could not hope to outrun the Voracious Insects. To make matters even worse, a Musical Imp burst out of the ground and tripped him.

"You wanted help, sir?" A single man appeared, his expression light. "I will fend these creatures off for you!"

The insects made a loud hissing noise at being interrupted in their hunt, and the large Imp had its palms on the ground, ready to begin the drumming for which its species was famous.

The newcomer took on a fighting stance, and stared down his new opponents. "Foul things! You shall face the assault of Vicar!"

The large, rocky plain whistled with a light wind. A battle would begin here.

Trei looked around, he heard shouts for help and the sound of fighting. He turned towards the sound, picked up his training spear and ran. The sound had nearly doubled in volume so he assumed he was getting close, it was he that he startled a Musical Imp which then ran a few feet and then burrowed. That was all the more reason Trei had to get to where to call for help came from. Trei then started sprinting after the Imp, but after a few minutes lost it, "Well great, now I'm three miles out of my way and still lost in this forest." It was after he said these words that he started hearing whispering around him, telling him to follow them. Trei decided it would be interesting to follow them. After a few minutes of walking Trei stumbled across a field where he saw the entire reason he had went out of his way in the first place.

"Someone! Help me! These bugs... HELP!!!" 

Silencio suddenly heard the cry for help. He swore that this was the third time he had heard it, but he couldn't be sure. He was travelling through a tunnel, or more like a series of tunnels. He hated to admit it, but he was lost. He saw a light in the distance, and decided to head over to it. Suddenly, a horde of Voracious Insects appeared, catching him by surprise. He went with his first instinct and ran, ducking just in time as the tunnel he was in came crashing down, blocking his way back.

"Oh well," Silencio thought, " I guess there's no turning back. I just hope that I'll survive those obnoxious insects" Little did he know someone was watching him...

Trei took a few moments to take in what was happening, there was a man fighting alone against a swarm of Voracious Insects and a Musical Imp. Trei pondered whether or not to help as he was already out of his way. He then turned and started walking back the way he came. It was a this moment he heard a crashing noise and ran towards it. A few minutes after leaving the clearing he stated hearing the whispering again telling him to go back. "I must be going crazy," Trei thought "why else would I be hearing voices this far out in the woods." Movement caught his eye and his instincts took over. He ducked into the thick undergrowth and pulled his cloak tighter around him. His eyes fixed on a boy who was standing at the had-been entrance to a tunnel, Trei ponder what he was doing for a minute then decided to turn back to the clearing. After he had walked for a couple of minutes he heard footsteps around him but no signs of movement. "I know you're there so come out." Trei shouted into the woods.

Vicar noticed the others. "Ah, hello there! Looks like we're all in a bit of a situation."

He grinned, apparently already prepared. "How about we take these down together? I don't think that an Imp and a pair of overgrown bugs can hold off three champions for long."

As he spoke, a Voracious Insect came in for a pass, missing its bite by a mile. "Not as if we should have too much of a problem seperately, but I am quite assured in believing that I am the only one here with enough strength to handle the Imp."

BATTLE BEGIN

Vicar activates his Bleed Booster I gem- his next physical attack will inflict Bleed!

Trei looked at the man who appeared, he recognized him as the man from the clearing. Trei then took a quick look around they were surrounded by Voracious Insects and a Musical Imp. "Well this will be fun," Trei smirked "lets see how good your are sir."

At this time a Voracious Insect came in from either side, Trei hit it away but was scraped in the process. "Trying preemptive strikes eh, your fast but not fast enough." After saying this Trei took his combat stance swing his spear behind his back to produce as much force as necessary. 

BATTLE

Trei uses Rush Reckless to increase his offense by 7

Both Voracious Insects attack, screeching as loud and as high-pitched as possible. Luckily for their target, however, Vicar is none the worse for wear, having avoided the worst of the attack.

"Do you really believe that you can harm me with noise, you foul bugs?" he taunts.

Both Insects screech in anger, rustling their wings as if to bite.

[They both tried to hit Vicar with their attack, Supersonic, but his Evasion saved him twice- they only have 1 Focus, after all.]

Garfalka wandered the woods looking for food, but saw the party being attacked by several bugs and an imp, and it looks like they hadn't seen him yet, so he swiftly moved across the brush, easily mistaken for a bear, but then Garfalka leaped out of the woods from behind the Imp with a roar... likely surprising the everyone and all the enemies

BATTLE START!

Garfalka immediately leapt to the offensive, Leaping swiftly towards a Voracious Insect, not caring for which one, and attempting to Kill it before it laid eggs with his Icast Fist attack... (Garfalka attempts to punch 1 of Voracious Insects, pick one at random)

Garfalka's punch smashed the bug's body, crumpling the pathetic creature. It gave out a token squeal of resistance before flopping dead to the ground. The other bug hissed in fury, and the Musical Imp beat its fists against its chest.

(Garfalka gets 2 XP, plus 1 for landing the final hit!
Vicar gets 2 XP!
Silencio gets 2 XP!
Trei gets 2 XP!)

"Very good, sir," Vicar complimented. "Excellent hit. If I might just say one thing, though, don't use moves that are only a quarter as effective as they would be normally. To be honest, you're lucky you weren't Spellbound."

After a Generic looking hero complimented and criticized his attack, Garfalka roared at him "Garfalka Don't Care! Garfalka Want Smash Puny Weaklings!", His Rage grew, and as a result, it looked like Flames was about ready to shoot out of his body just from the sheer anger, He Beckoned at the bugs and the imp "COME AT ME!" regardless of whether or not it would work, Garfalka taunted and roared at the poor pack of weak mobs, hoping they'd go after him, he was absolutely thrilled by the actions he took, as the Adrenaline took him, He beckoned at them to come, Smiling regardless of outcome and waiting impatiently for the bugs and the imps to come join the battle...

Trei dashed towards the last remaining insect. After seeing the display of the seemingly uneducated, protein induced, muscle bag defeat an insect before him was an insult to his training. Trei swung his spear upwards, which began glowing a faint blue, "Feel the pain of my solidarity, may the spirit of the great fox be with me, so fall to my spear, Cobalt Strike."  Trei cried as his spear approached the Voracious Insect.

BATTLE

Trei uses Cobalt strike one the remaining Voracious Insect. (current offense 22 (+7 from Rush Recklessly))

The attack was successful, Trei's attack connecting solidly with the Bug-type's connective tissue, solidly trouncing it.

(Trei gained 2 XP, plus 1 for dealing the final blow!
Vicar gained 2 XP!
Silencio gained 2 XP!
Garfalka gained 2 XP!)

Vicar nodded. "Good strike, good strike. Excellent hit. Stay sharp."

The Musical Imp Drummer beat out a solid tempo of earth-rattling beats.
The Musical Imp used War Drums, increasing its whole party's Offense and Defense by 50%!

Vicar grinned. "Tactical move, monster, but it will not save you. Standard Steel Strike!"

Vicar's steel blade cut deeply into the rocky Imp's body (8 damage!). The creature began to bleed. (Bleed inflicted! 7 damage!). The beast roared inarticulately.

Garfalka Balked when another person took out the remaining Bug, He was furious, but his temper did not get the better of him, Instead, He put his rage to good use by attacking the Musical Imp instead of the other people, Roaring just before Launching another Icast Fist at it and unknowingly adding to the damage Vicar had built up, and unlike that last one thrown, Flames lashed out of his fist in a more brilliant spectacle, although they did very little to add to the damage, it was pleasing to look at...

BATTLE CONTINUE!

Garfalka uses Icast Fist on Musical Imp, it is likely 4x Super effective if hit!

Garfalka found, to his possible confusion, that the Musical Imp bled out and collapsed mere moments before his fist struck.

(Bleed did 6 more damage, as a new turn began).

(Vicar gained 5 XP, plus 2 for dealing the finishing blow!
Silencio gained 5 XP!
Trei gained 5 XP!
Garfalka gained 5 XP!

Vicar is now Level 2!
Trei is now Level 2!
Garfalka is now Level 2!)

Vicar swung his blade over his shoulder. "Victory is ours! Rejoice!" With that, he took a stereotypical victory pose.

The merchant that the four heroes had saved bowed. "Thank you, sirs, for your help. As a reward, take these!"

He gave the party 4 Soul Iron Ingots.

"Take these into town, and I'm sure that you can get heroic weapons forged for yourselves," he said with a quick nod.

Garfalka growled as his fist made contact with the now dead body of the imp, who had bled out before his attack hit, although you could hear the bones crunch as they gave way for the fist smashing the dead corpse, The Generic looking hero congratulated the people and the Merchant thanked them and gave each of them an ingot, He was confounded about why he would have a use for this until the Merchant explained their use, "So I go to 'town' and 'forge' weapon with this?" he was still confounded by what he meant by Forge and what was a town Anyway?, but he shook his head and headed in a direction as if he was headed to town... Unknowingly heading in the wrong direction and into the woods

(I Believe that this will be a hilarious moment for Garfalka once he gets to the forge since he might try to make his own weapon rather than let someone else do it)

Trei looked towards Garfalka, he seemed to be barely educated but was decent enough in a fight. On the other end there was Silencio, who seemed like the last person who would last long in a fight. Trei sighed, here he was surrounded by a person you wouldn't want to meet and a seemingly shy shrine worker. He turned to the merchant "May the Fox spirits be with you on your journey." Trei accepted the ingot and turned towards Vicar "What are you going to do now, you seem to be the best fighter here," Trei turned before waiting for an answer, "if you want to answer that questioning meet me in the village, I'm late enough as it is." Trei started to walk off pondering how he would be punished for his nerve to miss his family meeting. "I've really messed up now, Eune." At this moment a white fox appeared beside Trei "Yes you have, yes you have."

Vicar decided that it would be a good idea to keep everyone together. He heaved Silencio over one shoulder, carrying him in a fireman's lift, and stood in front of Garfalka. "Look, big guy. A 'forge' is a place where you take metal and turn it into useful things, like weapons, armor, and fishing poles. These bars of metal are large enough to be made into fine gear, and I'll gladly take you to town to get something made."

He looked over the large beast-man at Trei. "Oi! Meet you in Stratopolis, okay? We can get things done then!"

Trei turned back to Vicar, "Sure meet you there." With that Trei started walking off towards Stratopolis. He knew the reason he was called to his family home from his time living in the abandoned shrine. It was his seventeenth birthday, his coming of age in his clan. He knew that it would involve a blood oath to secure his loyalty to the clan, but he hated it he currently had everything he needed. He had a friend who would never leave him as they were bound by spirit and the Fox and Wolf spirits were the only family he needed. He had walked for at least half an hour so he stopped to take a quick drink from a nearby stream. Trei heard a noise so he looked around, but saw nothing. Even with his degree of training he couldn't detect the creature watching him.

Garfalka was walking and was almost in the woods when The Generic-looking hero stopped him and explained what a 'Forge' was, Some of the words like 'Weapons', and 'Fishing poles' eluded him completely, he did not show the words eluding him, but was offended when he noticed that the hero included 'Armor' in his sentence, although he followed him into the city, Garfalka looked at the Hero and said to him, mindful of other people "Garfalka Strong nuff to crush Armor like Paper, Garfalka no need wearing weak trinkets...", Garfalka huffed as he decided to wander around town, attracted to the fire of the Smithy and mesmerized by it, he started to reach for the fire with his bare hand, but recoiled as he heard clanging, The Smithy was using his hammer to brilliantly mold a sword using common iron. He was amazed at the workmanship of the smithy and asked him politely, trying to be sincere as he possibly can "Can Try? Want Learn This Stuff..."

Trei had arrived in Stratopolis 2 hours late. It was bad enough that his family was hard on him when he hadn't done anything wrong, but when he was late for something... Trei shuddered, he didn't even want to think about what would happen. He arrived at his clan hall and turned to Eune "Wish me luck." Trei sighed and pushed the door open, what he saw on the other side surprised him. Instead of his family looking at him and scowling like they always did, they were up dancing. Trei took this opportunity to try and sneak back out while they were busy, but he was too slow, His father saw him and scowled "You're late, it's bad enough you're late for standard meetings but this is your own coming of age." Trei sighed, this was what he was greeted to, a scowl and harsh words. Trei turned and started to walk back through the door. Everyone turned to face him, "Sure I have come of age but I am not becoming part of this clan, you were enjoying my own party before I arrived so carry on enjoying it." With this Trei stormed back through the door and headed to the nearest tavern.

Archived