[Finished][Leaderboard] J-Max vs Qliphort Tool (DONE!)

J-Max

First to 3 Votes or most after 48 Hours is the winner
Voters must give good reasoning for their Vote.
Challenger must PM card to me with all Identification removed
Winner gets 1 Like from the Loser
All Leaderboard rules apply.

Theme: Create a card that supports a new Archetype Post NECH.

First of the Fall Season. Who wants a piece of the J-Max?

CARD A
WJF40Bm.jpg
Lore:
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "Infernoid" monster or "Purgatory" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand, then increase this card's Level by 2. During your Main Phase, while this card is face-up on the field, you can use the effect of face-up "Purgatory" Spell/Trap Cards that have to be activated during your Standby Phase.

CARD B
ZOx5DSo.jpg
Increase the ATK & DEF of all face-up "Performapal"  monsters by 800. Once per turn, if a player controls a "Performapal" monster in their Pendulum Card Zone, they can increase or decrease the Pendulum Scales of the monster by 1. During each players Draw Phase, they can Banish 1 "Performapal" monster from their Graveyard to add 1 "Performapal" Pendulum monster from their Deck to their hand instead of conducting their normal Draw. When this card is removed from the field, it is shuffled into the card controller's Deck instead.

I vote Card A. Once again that I have to do a research and both cards appeared to be balanced. So let's see how well it can be used in the deck. The main reason Card A got the vote was that it can search the Field, make a token right away and let you play with normally dead Infernoids, though its Level 6 after searching is somewhat pain for the deck, as you can only play 1 more Infernoid and you will reach your level limit. Card B is also good, it give any Performapal 1800 ATK in conjunction with Cheermole, amplify your scale and search for any Performapal monster, although when comparing, I feel like Card A can give its own deck more speed and consistency than Card B.

I vote for Card B aka the Circus.

Card A: Some things are a tad wrong from a design perspective. First, If you are choosing to make one of the low level Infernoids then you take the name of one of the Fallen Angels and modify it so the name shouldn't be just "Baa". Second, if the Wiki is right the card Awakened Purgatory is supposed to be a representation of Baal. Third, while I respect the fact that it is a searcher. Making it Normal Summonable seems to go against the theme of the lower Infernoids. Fourth, why is its effect to increase its level? Infernoids are live when the combined levels of everything on the field is 8 or less so making a level 4 a level 6 seems conterintuitive. Finally, I am confused with the wording on Baal's ability to undo the standby phase restriction on the S/T. It sounds like it allows you to essentially do the effects twice which is excessive since Awakened purgatory is a controlled double mill so making it a controlled quadruple mill is over the top.

Card B: I love this card from its Art to its last line of text. Giving all of those small monsters a significant amount of attacks allows for more versatile builds. The drawing instead of searching is a nice way to control having dead monsters when you are already set-up. The fact that it is a field spell and leans itself to other decks that may or may not have Performpals is also great. I personally cannot find fault in this card and its design. Therefore it gets my vote.

Archived