Imagenary Beast (15/15)

Atypical-Abbie

This is an Archetype based around forcing all Special Summoned monsters from the Extra Deck to be put in Defense Position when they are Summoned. They are based around photography and such. The name comes from Image and Imaginary, and the monster names from from animals and photographic terms as a portmanteau. They're Synchro based with Levels, Types and Attributes.

Main Deck Monsters:

Imagenary Beast - Pictoraffe
Beast-Type/LIGHT
Level 4
Both players must Special Summon monsters from their Extra Deck in Defense Position. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 "Imagenary Beast" monster in your Graveyard, except "Imagenary Beast - Pictoraffe", then discard 1 card; Special Summon that target in Defense Position.
1800/1200

Imagenary Beast - Cameleon
Reptile-Type/DARK/Tuner
Level 2
Both players must Special Summon monsters from their Extra Deck in Defense Position. If this card is sent to the Graveyard for the Synchro Summon for a monster Summoned in Defense Position: You can add 1 "Imagenary Beast" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Imagenary Beast - Cameleon". You can only use this effect of "Imagenary Beast - Cameleon".
100/1400

Imagenary Beast - Butterframe
Insect-Type/WIND
Level 3
Both players must Special Summon monsters from their Extra Deck in Defense Position. You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 "Imagenary Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Imagenary Beast - Butterframe" in Defense Position, but its effects are negated until the end of this turn and it cannot be used as a Synchro or Xyz Material this turn. You can only use this effect of "Imagenary Beast - Butterframe" once per turn.
1500/1500

Imagenary Beast - Graphig
Beast-Type/EARTH
Level 4
Both players must Special Summon monsters from their Extra Deck in Defense Position. Once per turn, if you activate an "Imagenary Beast" Spell/Trap Card: You can Special Summon 1 "Imagenary Beast" monster from your hand, except "Imagenary Beast - Graphig" in Defense Position, but its effects are negated until the end of this turn and it cannot be used as a Synchro Material, except for the Synchro Summon of an "Imagenary Beast" monster.
1500/1700

Imagenary Beast - Tricod
Fish-Type/WATER/Tuner
Level 3
Both players must Special Summon monsters from their Extra Deck in Defense Position. If you control no monsters and your opponent controls a monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by sending 1 other card from your hand to the Graveyard.
400/1600

Imagenary Beast - Negatick
Insect-Type/DARK/Tuner
Level 4
Both players must Special Summon monsters from their Extra Deck in Defense Position. If you use this card you control for a Synchro Summon of an "Imagenary Beast" monster, you can treat it as a non-Tuner monster.
200/1700

Imagenary Beast - Octomatic
Aqua-Type/WATER/Tuner
Level 1
Both players must Special Summon monsters from their Extra Deck in Defense Position. During your turn, except during the turn this card is sent to your Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 "Imagenary Beast" card in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Imagenary Beast - Octomatic" once per turn.
0/1100

Imagenary Beast - Ibexposure
Beast-Type/EARTH
Level 4
Both players must Special Summon monsters from their Extra Deck in Defense Position. A Synchro Monster that was Synchro Summoned in Defense Position using this card as Synchro Material gains this effect:

● Your opponent must Special Summon monsters in Defense Position.
1700/1300

Extra Deck Monsters:

Imagenary Beast - Shotter
Aqua-Type/WATER
Level 6
1 "Imagenary Beast" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned in Defense Position: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; destroy that target. This card can attack while it is in face-up Defense Position. If it does, apply its DEF for damage calculation.
2200/2400

Imagenary Beast - Bazoom    
Beast-Warrior-Type/FIRE
Level 7
When this card is Synchro Summoned in Defense Position: You can make your opponent discard 1 card. This card can attack while it is in face-up Defense Position. If it does, apply its DEF for damage calculation.
2000/2600

Imagenary Beast - Vulperture
Winged Beast-Type/WIND
Level 8
When this card is Synchro Summoned in Defense Position: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; destroy that target, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half its DEF on the field. This card cannot attack your opponent directly during the turn you activate this effect. This card can attack while it is in face-up Defense Position. If it does, apply its DEF for damage calculation.
2300/2800

Spell/Trap Cards:

Imagenary Beast - The Big Picture
Field Spell Card
Activate only if you control another "Imagenary Beast" card. Both players must Special Summon monsters from their Extra Deck in Defense Position. If you control an "Imagenary Beast" monster, negate the effects of Attack Position monsters Special Summoned from the Extra Deck.

Imagenary Beast - Lens Capture
Normal Trap Card
Send 1 "Imagenary Beast" card from your hand or side of the field to the Graveyard, then target 1 face-up Defense Position monster your opponent controls; take control of that target and equip it with this card. It cannot be used as a Synchro or Xyz Material. If this card leaves the field, switch control of that monster. You can only control 1 "Imagenary Beast - Lens Capture".

Imagenary Beast - Darkroom
Continuous Trap Card
Both players must Special Summon monsters from their Extra Deck in Defense Position. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, Synchro Summon 1 "Imagenary Beast" Synchro Monster, using only "Imagenary Beast" monsters you control.

Imagenary Beast - Photoshooter
Equip Spell Card
Equip only to an "Imagenary Beast" monster. It is gains 500 ATK and DEF and is unaffected by other Spell effects. If this card is sent to the Graveyard because the equipped monster was sent to the Graveyard for a Synchro Summon: You can banish 1 other "Imagenary Beast" card from your Graveyard; add this card from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Imagenary Beast - Photoshooter" per turn.

The opt clause on chameleons isn't right?
Overall the archetype almost looks kinda standard with nothing amazingly funky going on with it, but you maintained the theme of the archetype well and it was fun to read, well done I can't wait to see more. I'll be sooooooo happy if you make a penguin in here.

The opt clause on chameleons isn't right?
Overall the archetype almost looks kinda standard with nothing amazingly funky going on with it, but you maintained the theme of the archetype well and it was fun to read, well done I can't wait to see more. I'll be sooooooo happy if you make a penguin in here.

I don't really see an issue there.

I don't really understand what you mean by "standard" here, could you elaborate?

I'm sorry, I have already made the rest, just waiting a bit to put them up, no penguin, unless you can come up with a penguin and photography pun that is.

This would be nice with Sneaky Trap Hole...

The archetype is nice but not practical. If you come up against anything that doesn't require the Extra then the archetype is sub-par, and the effects of Defense position Extra Deck monsters are still very threatening. To alleviate these weaknesses, I would add something like this to the Synchros:

Negate the effects of your opponent's monsters in face-up Defense Position.

You should also add some effects to your cards that affect Special Summoned monsters in general, not just from the Extra. If you want you could add effects to your Synchros based on the Attributes to Summon them - at the moment they seem a little "hollow" and not quite fully fleshed-out cards.

This would be nice with Sneaky Trap Hole...

The archetype is nice but not practical. If you come up against anything that doesn't require the Extra then the archetype is sub-par, and the effects of Defense position Extra Deck monsters are still very threatening. To alleviate these weaknesses, I would add something like this to the Synchros:

Negate the effects of your opponent's monsters in face-up Defense Position.

You should also add some effects to your cards that affect Special Summoned monsters in general, not just from the Extra. If you want you could add effects to your Synchros based on the Attributes to Summon them - at the moment they seem a little "hollow" and not quite fully fleshed-out cards.

Yeah but full on hate isn't really fair to me, I don't want to lock my opponent's effects completely. I still have a few cards left remember, and I might make the last Synchro put all Special Summoned monsters in DP. I don't want to go the Yang Zing approach, that was never intended and they were meant to be more simplistic in nature.

Archived