Crystal Beast Quarts Kitty

WolvenDoom

BhHzvMp.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']When this card is Normal Summoned: You can place this card face-up in your Spell & Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card, and if you do, to Special Summon up to 2 ''Crystal Beast'' monsters from your hand. Their effects are negated, if one of the cards special summoned by this cards effect where to be destroyed, pace them in your Spell & Trap zone as a Continuous Spell Card.When this card is Special Summoned: Special Summon up to 2 ''Crystal Beast''  cards from your Spell & Trap Zone, except"Crystal Beast Quartz Kitty"  in face-up Attack Position. Other ''Crystal Beast'' monsters,  "Rainbow Dragon", and "Rainbow Dark Dragon" cannot destroyed by battle. When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Place it face-up in your  Spell & Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card.[/spoiler]

edit : updated lore 

Enjoy :3

Let's get to work.

When this card is Normal Summoned: You may can place this card face-up in your Spell & Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card, and if you do, to Special Summon up to 2 ''Crystal Beast'' monsters from your hand. Their effects are negated. there effect, When this card is Special Summoned: Special Summon up to 2 ''Crystal Beast'' monsters cards from your Spell & Trap Zone, except "Crystal Beast Quartz Kitty" this card) in face-up Attack Position. When this card is face up on the field, Other ''Crystal Beast'' monsters, and any monster with "Rainbow Dragon", and "Rainbow Dark Dragon" in its name cannot be destroyed by battle. When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Place it face-up in your special summon it in the Spell & Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card.

This feels like the oddball in the family for a couple reasons - first, it falls outside the Crystal Defender/Vanguard Pendulum range and thus won't enjoy the ability to be Pendulum Summoned (thus making its on SS effect less accessible than Ruby Carbuncle), and it tries a little too hard to be both Pegasus and Carbuncle at the same time.

Negating the effects of the Crystal Beasts brought out by the Normal Summon effect also means you don't get to crystallize them, forcing you to usually follow up into an Xyz Summon to make the most of them since you can't crystallize them when they get destroyed. The good thing is that you immediately put Quartz Kitty into the S/T Zone right away to keep her from battle's harm, but the slightly more inconvenient part lies in needing to pull the Crystal Beasts from your hand.

Special Summon effect is a less potent version of Carbuncle. But since Kitty can't be Pendulum Summoned using Vanguard/Defender's range, this automatically makes it inferior to Carbuncle in most situations.

Protection from destruction in battle is somewhat nice, but I don't know about making the effect symmetrical. It also feels slightly counterproductive since it's harder for your opponent to destroy your Crystal Beasts, locking out one more avenue of getting them into the S/T Zone.

At least it's better than Cobalt Eagle, Amethyst Cat, or Emerald Tortoise. Would jump at an excuse to not run them while still having the ability to SS Rainbow Dragon.

As a CB player, this isn't really useful to me. Especially since it only works in the Hand and we already have Pendulums for that. Add to that competitive builds don't run Rainbow overhype Dragon as it hurts the deck more then helps which this card seems to push more. If it didn't negate the effects it would be a bit more useful.

Suggestions to support it:
1. Have it go into the Grave or don't negate their effects and have it only Special 1.
2. Either make it 3 or make it more useful like make it a Tuner or something.

That's all I got.

actually if done correctly it works very well as ancient ruins is a near unkillable field spell and rainbow is actually very good if used correctly-especcially with the new support coming soon. while it may not be meta NOW-it definitely will once the new support is released. and as a matter of a fact i never go overboard with xyzs

actually if done correctly it works very well as ancient ruins is a near unkillable field spell and rainbow is actually very good if used correctly-especcially with the new support coming soon. while it may not be meta NOW-it definitely will once the new support is released. and as a matter of a fact i never go overboard with xyzs

The Malefic build takes the advantage of Crystal Beasts and throws it away for at best a 4k beatstick that can still die easily. Synchro/Xyz Crystals tend to be better and can actually deal with problem cards instead of just sitting and using a single beatstick. Not to mention, Malefic's fall apart easily without Skill Drain and CB's hate that card, and I doubt your gonna be able to make sure Ruins 3 is active most of the time or even some of the time because it will be very hard to get CB's to the backrow without running cards that hurt the deck more then help it.

Malefic CB's may have been okay in the 5D's era (and even then it wasn't really) but today, the deck falls apart at all the endless removal in the deck.

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can place this card face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card, and if you do, to Special Summon up to 2 ''Crystal Beast'' monsters from your hand. Their effects are negated. If one of the cards a monster(s) that was Special Summoned by this cards effect way where to would be destroyed, you can place them it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. When this card is Special Summoned: Special Summon up to 2 ''Crystal Beast''  cards from your Spell & Trap Zone, except "Crystal Beast Quartz Kitty"  in face-up Attack Position. Other ''Crystal Beast'' monsters,  "Rainbow Dragon", and "Rainbow Dark Dragon" cannot be destroyed by battle. When this card is sent from a Monster Card Zone to the Graveyard: Place it face-up in your  Spell & Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card.

[spoiler=effect after revisions]

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can place this card face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card, and if you do, Special Summon up to 2 ''Crystal Beast'' monsters from your hand. Their effects are negated. If a monster(s) that was Special Summoned this way would be destroyed, you can place it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. When this card is Special Summoned: Special Summon up to 2 ''Crystal Beast''  cards from your Spell & Trap Zone, except "Crystal Beast Quartz Kitty"  in face-up Attack Position. Other ''Crystal Beast'' monsters,  "Rainbow Dragon", and "Rainbow Dark Dragon" cannot be destroyed by battle. When this card is sent from a Monster Card Zone to the Graveyard: Place it face-up in your  Spell & Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card.[/spoiler]

The card's name is spelled wrong (but you spelled it right in the effect) Quarts should be Quartz

The text that is both bold AND crossed out is something I added in that I'm not sure if you left out on purpose or by accident. I don't really play CB's, but I think without that 1 line I added, this card might be too easilly abused for its CB/RD/RBD protection. RD is already OP as-is. Add that, and I think this will be more balanced, though, based on the other comments in here, I don't know how much playtime this card would get.

The text that is both bold AND crossed out is something I added in that I'm not sure if you left out on purpose or by accident. I don't really play CB's, but I think without that 1 line I added, this card might be too easily abused for its CB/RD/RBD protection. RD is already OP as-is.

I don't see how that would be abusable. Crystal Beast monsters only have all their effects active while they are monsters. If they're crystallized as Continuous Spells they don't do anything (but support their other utility cards). Allowing the card to crystallize from anywhere won't exactly do much in making its effects accessible.

Also, Rainbow Dragon OP? As a CB player myself I can tell you that it's not as strong as you think it is.

Rainbow is horrible... It gives no help to the deck and hurts it a lot more. Just imagine if JD had a effect that banished all of the LS to nuke the field or other worse options.
My opinion is just put it as "when this Monster is Destroyed..." As they are not Monsters when they hit the Grave after they die as Spell/Traps. That is how it was currently ruled when you look at CB's in the S/T Zone vs. D-Fissure.

Archived