The Major Comeback: Armies Galore! [Started/Accepting] [IC Thread] [PG-16]

Chaotic Angel

Ron starts working on his busted leg. He takes the nuts and bolts from his leg then removes the whole lot entirely, but not before Arthur barges in and tells Ron he's done. He flies outside his lab and gives him the reward. "900 Gold right here, since you did the bounty solo... I assisted also, but that has nothing to do with me, so here." he said, with his head sticking out, then comes back in. "The third one is being delayed. Apparently I've been told that there's 300 thousand foreigners coming into our country causing an outrage. There's news about it tomorrow, but I dunno who's gonna broadcast it, keep an eye on things though!" he said, shouting from his lab, then he carries on fitting his new leg.

"300 thousand? That's not good. I need to help out too then, I'll see if I can ask some estranged wanderers to help too, 'cause 300 thousand is too much for the three of them to do alone. I'll ring Ron up first..." Jun says, grabbing the phone and calling Ron from out of the blue. "Speak up, Jun. I know it's you, so why are you so silent? I'm also fitting my new leg, do please make it quick." Ron says through the phone, telling Jun to speed things up. "Look, I'm simply asking if you need help with the 300 thousand foreigners..." Jun replied to Ron's sentence. "Please. I don't think the three of us, plus the 10 thousand troops are gonna do this alone. How many do you have?" Ron said. "I'll bring 100 thousand of the estranged with me, I'm sure they'll help." Jun replied. "We may be rivals, but 300 thousand is WAY too many. Okay, deal." Ron finishes, as he hangs up and carries on with his leg. 

After a few hours, the last of the bolts have been removed from Ron's leg, then he takes the entire thing out and disposes of it. He then took out a new prosthetic leg, grabs a new set of nuts and bolts and starts fitting it in. "Oh man, a few hours already... I'll call my students in." Ron said, flying with his leg only half installed and to the office. He grabs his phone and calls the living room. Assuming it's going to be Arthur or Moderatus picking the phone up: "Men, come to my lab immediately." he said, placing the phone back down and goes back to his lab. It would be a matter of time before his leg is finished.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The lab? Sure, I'll be there. But three hundred thousand troops seems a little more difficult than one demon, doesn't it?", he said, putting the phone down. He began a quick walk over to the lab, choosing to walk through his camp rather than directly to it so he could observe their training. After a few minutes of watching each legion train he started walking towards the lab again. Once he reached the lab he thought about just walking in, but instead chose to knock rather than interrupt Ron again. He kept a lookout for Moderatus for a couple of minutes and then entered the lab. Keeping a little distance between himself and Ron, he said, "What needs doing? I'm fairly sure that you won't expect us to take on that many troops all at once, even if we did hold the strategic advantage." Choosing to keep a level head about it, he continued, "Tell me you at least brought in reinforcements to level the playing field slightly. Otherwise that's thirty to one against us. Do you know what the army is comprised of? Scratch that, I think horde would be a more fitting name for them with an army of that size."

When Arthur knocked the lab door and came in, Ron acknowledged Arthur's appearance and connects his foot to the rest of his leg, then connects his ankles. When Arthur said he wouldn't expect the three to take all 300 thousand at once, Ron thought for a while. He then said: "No... We won't be able to. As reluctant as I am, I managed to get hold of Jun Kotomi. He may be our rival, but he is willing to help out alongside 100 thousand other estrangers. We need to bring our troops too. I still got 90 thousand other estrangers left, so I'll use some of them. So, 200 thousand troops, plus the four of us. It's still outnumbered, but at least we'll be able to fend some of the troops off slowly." When his ankle clicks in, he starts standing up, then realises the other ankle is missing. "Bollocks. I won't be able to walk without the other ankle... Gimme a moment." he said, looking for the other ankle part. He finds it, then clicks it into his leg. "There. I forgot to tell you though. They're apparently in the marketplace now, starting an outrage. We've gotta gather the reinforcements together first before we even think about moving. Apparently a quarter of the outraging foreigners are cannibals. So yeah, they fight each other, bite each other down then eat each other to bits and shit. It's a tricky one." Ron explains, also enlisting any other gruesome tragedies that might happen.

Then, Jun Kotomi knocks on the door and makes an appearance. Ron finally finishes fitting his new leg, then walks out to open the front door for him. "Come in and sit down, I'll prepare some beer." Ron said, greeting Jun. "How about a pint? The both of us? That would be great, eh? We'll talk mentor to mentor!" Jun replied, requesting a pint instead. "Fine, but don't get drunk, we gotta kill 300 thousand later in the week. If I find you drunk on the day as well, I will bitch slap you, whether you like it or not." he warned, preparing two pints of beer for himself and Jun.

When he finishes pouring the pints of beer, he sits down opposite Jun, placing the beers in the process, the pair begin discussing strategies. However, not without Ron's students in mind. "May be if we bring Arthur and Moderatus to this discussion... It would be vital after all..." Ron suggested, to which Jun agrees. Ron stood up, left the living room and went upstairs to his lab to collect Arthur. "Arthur, I want you to meet someone. The guy's name is Jun Kotomi. He and I are old rivals, and we still are now. He's here to help us in our next bounty." Ron whispered, as he leaves Arthur to collect himself and follow him down the stairs to the living room. "I can prepare you some drinks if you need it." he followed on, entering the living room.

"So, Ron. We have 200 thousand and the four of us. What are we gonna do? Charge straight in?" Jun asked, looking for a strategy.

"No, we wait. We don't even know what we might be letting us in for. For what we have been told, a quarter of the foreigners may be cannibalistic, some of them are plain lunatics betraying each other, some may even go to my house and break the shit out of everything. It's the biggest bounty I've done, and it's bullshit." Ron replied, though it's totally what Jun would be expecting.

"Hmm. They seem quite barbaric. We might still be outnumbered but at least now we can put a strategy in place that doesn't involve retreating. The extra hundred-and-ninety thousand troops help immensely, providing they're all organised effectively.", he said to Ron, scratching the back of his neck. He paced around for a few minutes, grinning and thinking of strategies that could help. Once Ron re-entered the lab and finished speaking, he replied, "This old rival of yours better be a good strategist." Walking into the living room, he sat down on a separate chair close to where the two were sitting. After the two finished speaking, he said, "Considering the state of the three hundred thousand, we could herd them into a choke point within the town and surround them afterwards, sealing them in so we can take them out - that way any morale they still have will falter almost immediately and they're flanked on all sides by buildings and troops. This could allow us to take out a large amount of their troops with minimal cost to ours. Essentially we can use the weak points of their army against them." He stood up and stretched, then sat back down again.

"May be, but 200 thousand troops is all we have left in this country. We can't get any more help..." Ron replied, shaking his head over the amount of troops they had. "Many have fallen when Jun and I fought each other. We used to have 500 million each, now that there's only 200 thousand left... They were assigned to someone else or left astray." he continued, stating the facts from the past. Jun nodded his head, he too remembered and agreed that it was right. "Sounds about right to me, we fought each other to no end, there's no way we can get another unless we snatch 190 thousand from another planet. Chances of that are absolute NIL." Jun said, carrying on with the discussion.

"Ron, bring Arthur a pint."

"Sure, right away. Don't get too drunk, I shouldn't even need to remind you."

Ron then took a sip of his own pint of beer and goes over to the beer machine. He pours some over and leaves a fresh pint of beer on the coffee table for Arthur.

"You're right about the chances of retrieving extra troops. We have NO chance of getting foreigners to be our troops. They won't let us." he said, looking around and switched on the TV. There wasn't anything on yet, but live streaming had shown the marketplace has been destroyed and the 300 thousand foreigners are killing each other. "Oh, well that's a shock. Why would they even go killing themselves? That's a tad bit unusual... Oh, wait. The cannibalistic bunch are coming to my place like, now. I need to hold them off." Ron said, looking at the live camera from the TV, then activates a barrier to prevent any intruders from breaking in, though that might not last long. The foreigners immediately made an appearance. They cut through the door, but Ron pulls it open, grabs the nearby foreigner and did an overarm throw, throwing that foreigner to the ground as well as the others behind him. "That settles things for now, I suppose. Now, don't come back here, you little shits." he taunted, kicking the rest of the foreigners out of his sight.

At least for now.

"All the more reason to use this strategy. Troops are hard to come by in this day and age and we won't lose as many as we would just by charging in and hacking them all down.", he replied, taking the beer and taking a sip, then putting it down. "Our job here is to take out this little horde of sorts with minimal losses. We'll need to think conservatively in order for us to win this.", he said, cracking his knuckles. Once Ron finished talking, he said, "You know that now they're just going to come back with more, don't you? We need to set up ambushes on the road that they won't be able to see. There's just no way we're doing this the conventional way unless you want to lose most of the troops you have left. Both of you, organise a few shock units with the fastest troops you have available. We're going to see if we can take a few digits off of that 300,000."

"Is that everything then? Now we know what we are letting ourselves in for, we can take a break there. Jun, you can stay for a while longer if you like." Ron said, concluding the meeting, providing they all know what needs doing on the day. He also hears Arthur's plea to organise an ambush and gets that done in no time. "So, Arthur... This mentor of yours has quite a brave heart, he killed over a million people, good and evil over the 400 plus years he lived. Perhaps more. You made quite the decision to be his student, eh?" Jun said, praising Arthur's decision to be Ron's student. As soon as Ron finishes organising the ambush troops, he overhears the conversation and intervenes. "Not to intervene, but yes... I did kill over a million. No, not that. I killed over 10 million in 300+ years. more than you think it is." Ron corrects his rival. When night falls an hour later, Jun leaves the house and waits until tomorrow in order to come straight back.

"Did Jun say anything bad about me? Well, it's about time I said something too." Ron said, about to reveal his past in a bit more detail. "My life didn't actually start until 2043. It was actually my late wife back in the day who found me in this get up, all scarred up and what looked like a cyborg with no sense of energy." he continued, then there were flashbacks containing Ron's harsh overhaul of his body back in 2043.

Flashback

The flashback can be seen as Ron's tombstone being kicked about by what looked like gangsters, then the body was dug up. When the coffin was revealed, the lid was kicked open revealing Ron, who was actually still alive and human, coughing for hours on end. He was thrown out of the coffin, beat up and scarred for three whole hours before he was thrown into a refuse bag, beat up again for another half an hour and then tied inside. A few hours have past and Ron woke up, finding himself in an abandoned junkyard, with chainsaws and surgical equipment, except for anaesthesia. His body was crippled, then he looks back at his right arm, and in that process, it was already being cut up. The incision was made all the way from his elbow to his wrist, losing a fair amount of blood in the process. Flesh was taken apart from the bone, and titanium was collected, in order to be put into Ron's arm. It was poisonous, but Ron's arm was ready to accept it. Though bleeding was profuse, the titanium was put in, and being screwed on with nuts and bolts. Then comes the left leg. Using the chainsaw by one of a few gangsters, Ron's left leg came off in one clean slice. he clenched his teeth in pain and an unknown being was seen behind the gangsters, before it came back to reality.

Reality

"...That unknown person, was the person responsible for my attitude when I still had kids and grandchildren. I couldn't forgive him at all. He's one hell of a bastard. And that flashback, was the reason I became a mentor today... Being immortal for one, or so my race says. Ron concludes, thinking Arthur deserves to know about his past. "Don't go through the same hell I did, you'd probably regret it later. Now then, get some sleep, we have god knows how many people to kill tomorrow." he said, walking upstairs and into his office.

Moderatus let his new acquaintance take the demon himself, as he had better things to do in his mind.  He didn't need to hear from Ron about the foreigners arriving, the rumors of it had reached his men and from them reached him.  As such, he was already in the process of drafting a plan with his men where they had encamped.  He had long since heard the screaming from the town, and had sent out a few parties of soldiers to direct refugees into the camp where they could be kept safe.  As one of his parties returned, pursued by the murderous foreigners, a plan came to mind.  The group that had come expected to be able to corner the small number they had followed, only to be led into the jaws of Moderatus' 5000 before their barbaric tendencies were slaked.  They stood no chance against professional fighters that were decently equipped, and the young knight learned then how he could win.

The whole of his force began moving out of his camp, warriors bearing shields forming the outer perimeter to offer protection.  They moved not towards the horde, but parallel to it.  From this main force, the fastest of his troops were led by the fastest three of the 40 that had been with him since before Ron became his mentor.  They ran into visual range of the horde, throwing rocks, shooting arrows, and getting the attentions of small groups of the whole at a time.  As they were faster than their quarry, they managed to outrun those that tried to pursue them but only just.  Intentionally they stayed barely out of reach, until to the foreigner's eyes they disappeared behind a wall of purple shields trimmed in gold.  These barbarians that chased form out found themselves cut down as they smashed into a shield wall which held firm against their attacks.  Still, more and more of the horde's attention was being drawn towards them as they went and every time the groups that chased his harassing parties back were larger.  The dark-haired youth stood where the fighting was greatest, hacking down foes alongside his men while they kept on the move and stopped only to strike at those that chased them.  

"These fools must have no leadership.  Why did they even come here?"  Moderatus spoke aloud after the largest group to charge them yet, a total of 500 that had nearly broken their shield wall in one place, was slain.  "Whatever the case, it changes nothing.  Keep moving, and don't send the next party out yet.  Let the savages think they've driven us off for now."  An affirmative was given by his troops, and the Knight marched on to lead them.  His black blade dripped the warm, red ichor of life drained from what could have been a few thousand enemies slain by this time.  He knew the men and women serving under him were better than these barbarians, and now so did they.  It was time to get to work on drawing the whole of the horde out somewhere they could be slain.  In fact, he was leading his forces around in front of the barbarians and towards a choke point.  It was a bridge built over a deep ravine not far from town and in the direction of the next one.  He suspected the murderers could be drawn there easily, and it would provide an ideal location to kill as many of them as could be managed.

As morning rises, Ron wakes up to find Moderatus already planning and killing ahead of everyone. When Ron got dressed and heads outside, all he could see are fewer than 10 thousand casualties, all of which were foreigners. "Urm. What the... What is this? Has the bounty been printed early?" Ron shouted, acting all panicky. He ran straight back inside, and into his office. He saw the third bounty printed, as well as the fourth. "Wait, the fourth bounty? Lemme read this..." he said, taking out the fourth bounty for a quick read. "Three gang members. All of them foreigners and are in a group of five. They have been slaying other foreigners to gain a reputation for themselves. Stop them immediately." the bounty said. "So, is this supposed to be back to back with the third bounty? if it is, then I dunno what to do with this other than to act." Ron said, preparing himself to face both bounties. Jun comes to the scene as well, asking what the commotion was all about. "Hey, Ron. Can you explain the shit outside? I think it's been going on since six in the morning." Jun asked, then he was interrupted by Ron, who shoved a fourth bounty at his face. "Can you first of all, tell me what this is about?" he said, acting suspicious. "Oh yeah, I got that too. Yeah, this one's gonna be a pain then. Oh, the third one was released today as well. This is gonna be a tough one, not to mention all the bullshit that's gonna go down." Jun responded, as if he wasn't so confident at all.

"These bounties are going way out of control. Either way, we have to act." Ron said, also feeling reluctant. "Arthur, Moderatus. Two bounties are being released. 300 thousand troops going on a rampage, and another one. Three gang members, groups of five, all of them are foreigners. It looks like they're betraying the other rampagers. We're acting on both bounties, but this is gonna take a while. I dunno what happened myself, but it seems like the bounties are going way out of control. Jun, go to the police station and get this looked at!" he continued, ordering Jun to the police station. "Right, working on it!" Jun replied, making a swift run for the police station.

"Two bounties released on the same day... That can't be good. To be fair, the third one was being delayed. Something's off." Ron said in his head.

"It's too suspicious. I need this sorted out as soon as."

"Well, looks like he's already started. Moderatus, try to bring them in range of the ambush units!", he shouted, turning to the troops in their positions. "Knights, set up a shield wall! Spears, set up behind them and make sure your spears go through the gaps! Bishops and Warriors make up the rear!", he shouted again, pulling them all into formation. He climbed up to a higher position that he could see from whilst remaining unseen. Once the horde came running down the road after Moderatus had passed them, he shouted, "Now!" At that, the troops began marching at the horde, now closing in. His troops stopped in formation, closing the gaps from the Bishops with the Warriors into a circle. Once the horde hit the spears, the spearmen switched while the others prepared for another kill. The shield wall held for some time, managing to kill 250 in the first push against their shields.

The troops stood their ground, still eager to kill. "Hmm...I better call them back before we lose any. Maybe just a moment longer.", he said to himself, jumping down onto one of the barbarians with the sharp end of his bow. He weaved and turned like the wind, killing 50 with the blades on his bow, then retreating to where his troops were. Running past the shields, he climbed back up to his original position. Now visibly exhausted, Arthur watched the troops decimate the second push, taking out another 300. "Now it's time to go, I think we should let Moderatus take some more of these, there's just too many. To the bridge!", he shouted. With the troops running to the bridge, he took some time to observe the horde up close. "No leader visible...so how exactly is a force this big being led so far without a leader?", he pondered, running towards the bridge. "We took some of them down, but I'm not exactly used to open combat or constant melee. I'm quite tired, but I can offer ranged support while your troops deal with them.", he said, regaining his breath slowly, now on the other side of the bridge with Moderatus and his troops.

When the rampage is still going, Ron decides to call one of his students. Assuming one of them would pick up: "I hope you heard me back there. There's an unknown fourth bounty that was released way ahead of schedule. It says there that three gang members in groups of five are going around killing innocent people as well as fellow foreigners. I'm guessing they're looking for trouble. Can you look into them for me? I'll take out some of them in the process, they're in front of my house now." Ron says over the phone. Then Jun returns from the police station. "The fourth bounty is the real deal. Sorry, Ron." Jun said, apologetic. "Holy shit. That means we'll be working with two bounties at the same time. Have you got the men, Jun?" Ron responded, ready to go. "Yeah, they managed to get a hold of some of their friends. They'll be helping out too. They're in the desolate mountain roads as we speak." he said, taking off after his troops.

"Then... Engage"

Ron's weapon mounts on his back, forms 24 blades and morphs into wings, then he starts flying when the projectiles are set. "So the bounty is legitimate. Even the police aren't so sure why... Am I even bothered at the slightest?" Ron thought, looking down on the foreigners at the front of his house and shot projectiles down at them. "Shit dude, my students are right about leadership. They haven't shown any of it at all..." he thought, meeting up with Arthur and Moderatus on the way. When he landed, 9000 troops came rampaging straight at Ron, only to be blown away by his projectiles. They got back up. However, they struggled to make a scratch. "You guys must've forgotten I'm a cyborg. Oh well, no worries. I'll show you true power!" he taunted, trapping the enemies of 9000 into utter darkness for a full minute. Slashes and scratches are made within the ball of darkness for that amount of time. The time was up, the enemies were then released, only to be knocked out cold. Ron bursts through the ball of darkness, allowing it to decimate before landing again. After a while, the cyborg was also knocked out cold when the LED core in his heart got switched off. "MALFUNCTION IMMINENT" the voice said within Ron, before he got knocked out.

"Shit dude..." one of the foreigners said, struggling to get up. "Can't believe the cyborg took out every last one of us. We were at least 9000 there! Oh, there's an upside to it, he got knocked out cold!" the foreigner laughed, gets up and kicked Ron at the back side. He left the scene straight after. "WARNING. INTRUDER HAS BEEN DETECTED. SELF DESTRUCT MODE HAS BEEN ACTIVATED. SELF DESTRUCT OCCURING IN 30 SECONDS." the voice said within Ron, setting off an explosive timer. "Oh, shit. Everyone get down! Ron's gonna explode!" Jun said, crouching down to shield him from the cyborg's explosion, but he got up again later, only to find that Ron's core has been switched off. "Oh. Right. Arthur! Moderatus! You have thirty seconds to get Ron a new core, or everyone in this world is toast! Didn't realise Ron was more than just a cyborg. That ball of darkness earlier must be inherited from an esper, surely!" Jun warned, realising the consequences of a pure blood cyborg.

"Way ahead of you on the 300 thousand, Ron."  Moderatus laughed over the line as he heard the alert about the new bounty going out.  The foreigners had been throwing themselves at he and his men since they'd set up on the bridge, and the bodies were starting to pile up so high that time had to be taken to throw the corpses over the edges between waves.  Of course, they were also put to use in other ways.  Some of the slain foreigners were thrown ahead to cause those that charged to stumble, with special attention paid to those that were the bloodiest.  That made sure to get the bridge nice and slippery to further slow those maddened dogs.  All the same, his men were getting tired.  Several thousand foreigners had been slain since the bridge had been taken, but their assaults were proving relentless.  Moderatus needed time to get fresh troops to the front of the formation, time which Arthur seemed willing to provide.  At his ally's request, small groups were once again sent ahead to bait the enemies forward, and thus they assisted the ranger's soldiers in surrounding and slaying many of the foreigners.  This gave the rest of the purple and gold knight's troops to reform.  The shield wall was made strong with fresh and eager troops, and so when Arthur's forces retreated behind it to rest themselves Moderatus was ready.

"It's entirely possible that their leader is already dead."  He said in response to the comment about the lack of leadership.  "It would explain how they got here, and why they're just rushing us en mass."  As if on cue, a fresh charge bore down upon the lines from the foreigners.  One which Moderatus himself put his martial skills into turning.  Every swing of that gleaming blade of his tore down the enemy five at a time, leaving torn flesh flying everywhere and blood spraying all about.  He kept his composure through it all, not more than a narrow smile on his lips even as he was covered in the grisly mess left over from combat.  All the same, even he was surprised when Ron came along and single handedly turned back a charge of nine thousand of the foreigners...only to collapse to the ground.

"And where in the hell are we supposed to find a new core?!"  He turned to Jun, before an idea came to mind.  His mother had taught him...things while he lived with her.  Things that could potentially assist here.  Without saying anything more, he sheathed his blade and strode forward.  His kite shield was slung across his back, and he made his way towards where Ron had fallen.  The blood of those on the ground was used to quickly paint out an elaborate pattern around the cyborg, with a circle enclosing it.  All the while, the armored man chanted melodically in the language of magic.  When the pattern was finally formed, the blood glowed with its own light as Moderatus came to stand atop the cyborg.  The whole process had taken twenty five seconds, and less than a second after the armored man had come to stand over Ron, he slammed his hand over the Cyborg's heart.  The blood, still glowing, rushed up from the ground and flowed over the armored male and into Ron.  It found its way to the core and consumed it, before taking its place.  Where once there had been metal and circuitry, that little-understood art of magic had substituted energized crystal which meshed almost too perfectly with the existing scientific creations.  With any luck, the magically provided core would perform the necessary functions.

"SYSTEM RESTORE IN PROGRESS. REBOOT COMMENCING." the voice said, meaning that Moderatus' self taught magic came in handy and was successful. After about fifteen seconds, Ron regained consciousness, the core switched back on and he got back up in less than no time. "Thanks for that, Moderatus. I thought I was gonna be dead then. Oh, and in case you guys were wondering. Yep. I remembered every single bit that happened. The nine thousand foreigners stood no chance. They just rammed into me with knives that aren't even sharp. I trapped them into a ball of darkness, released them and here I was, unconscious with them. After that, some bastard kicked me. Well, he did in fact kick the self destruct button instead, located at my back side. He will regret it later, the little shit." Ron said, as he got back up and recomposed himself. Then Jun came along. "Guys. No time to celebrate. We got about twenty thousand more coming." he warned, preparing to fight.

"Engage."

Ron prepares himself also, his weapon is mounted on his back, 24 blades were formed and morphed into wings. Ron shot up in the air, preparing to take out the oncoming enemies. Projectiles also appear before Ron, moving from behind his back and charging up. "And before you know it, it's gonna be game over for those guys in less than ten minutes. Just watch." he said, slowing descending, removing his weapon from his back, detached the two layers and toppling them, morphing into a great blade, with projectiles still intact. When the twenty thousand foreigners came charging in, Ron raised his morphed blade, and slammed down at 5000 of them, crushing their skulls and knocking them out. "C'mon, people. The fun has only just started. I'm not letting myself have all the fun, y'know." he announced at his fellow troops and students. "F*ck me, they're weak. I'm looking for a challenge, not child's play!" he taunted at the foreigners, aggravating them.

Then his projectiles fired at 600 of the foreigners, but they all dodged. "That's more like it. C'mon. Hit me with everything you can handle!" he taunted once again, trying to attract the attention of the 14,400 foreigners that are still left in the vicinity. He gripped his morphed blade and looks around. He focused on the foreigners charging in at Ron, and charged his projectiles. A few seconds in, he enhances his red monocle, the eyepiece that enhances his eyesight.

One of the projectiles fired nearby, and one of them behind Ron. The foreigners all dodged, but they were fired at again. This time, the shots did not miss. In fact, it was a hit so hard, some of them even flew off. The majority remained unconscious.

"So, that's that. Your turn to shine, my students..."

"Well...that was something I've never seen.", he said, sighing. He took two swords from his warriors and pushed to the front with Moderatus. Turning to face his ally, he said, "My turn." At that, he flipped the swords around so the blades were behind him, and charged, not stopping at the front of the horde. The swords cut through the barbarians quite well, taking out 20. At that moment he looked around and saw himself surrounded by the enemy. "I did it with the bow before, shouldn't be too different.", he said, smirking. When they closed in, he began weaving and turning with the swords, cutting off heads and parrying weapons, laughing and striking simultaneously. As more closed in he sped up, unwilling to be caught out of balance with a single strike.

Before long the blades started to wear out, and had almost worn out completely when he decided to throw them at two barbarians, grabbing a spear from the ground and spinning it around, Dodging an attack from above almost like the wind, he tripped on one of the numerous weapons on the ground, then fell. "Well, that certainly didn't help.", he said, using two swords on the ground to slash through the arms of the man about to thrust a sword into his head. He jumped up, shouting, "Plenty of savages here for you to kill, Moderatus!" As he dodged another strike he disarmed the aggressor and hit him with his own weapon. Dropping that he grabbed the two swords he brought and charged his way past the barbarians at the front to meet everyone else at the bridge. At that point his outfit was covered in blood, almost stained red, and he was stumbling due to complete and utter exhaustion. He turned to Moderatus and said, "Your turn."

"Right, my turn."  Moderatus had taken the time bought by his friend and his mentor to recollect himself after that bit of exertion that had allowed him to essentially save the world from whatever the hell would have happened if Ron blew up.  That time also allowed him to take command of the forces around him, getting them once more into a proper formation before he took his position at the front.  His blade was drawn, his shield joined with the wall, and he pointed his blade forward.  "Charge!"

His men followed the order immediately, spears passed to the front so those on the shield wall could better skewer their foes as the ordered group rushed forward as a single impenetrable line.  Assisted by fire provided by archers in the back, who used carefully timed volleys of arrows to force the barbarians into a single mass directly in the path of the charge, they began steamrolling over the foreigners that had attacked the town.  Spears were thrust, driven through multiple barbarians at a time, and then pulled back to be thrust again.  The dead were trod over, and the dying had boots crush their throats to ensure they would not get back up to take revenge.  At the heart of the shield wall was Moderatus himself, once again cleaving five men apart with every thrust of his mighty black blade.  When the barbarians tried to parry it, their weapons were cut through as if they were simple pieces of grass.  The charge, with the supporting fire from the archers steadily advancing behind keeping the barbarians from flanking it, did not appear likely to stop as thousand after thousand of the invaders fell to the ground and left the earth soaked with blood.

"Show them no mercy!"  The knight cried as he cleaved through another group of the foreigners.  Sure, Arthur and Ron might be able to take down more opponents at once, but he had the stamina to fight and fight and fight.  His own fervor energized his troops, as did the feeling of invincibility brought by the lack of any losses on their side.  Furthermore, the charge seemed to inspire fear in the foreigners as they began to run, and were cut down from behind.

Then, just as everything was about to turn smoothly, the 14,380 foreigners were about to be joined by 30,000 more. Ron looked back, and the 30,000 foreigners that are approaching went charging in at the man himself. Yes, all of them. "30,000 all at once? Urm. Piece of cake." Ron said, but instead of using the power that instantly knocks everyone aback, he chants a spell that changes his entire body into a full cyborg, with armour and everything covered. Just, not the helmet though. With the armour on, Ron just about have gained a couple of stone in weight just on that armour alone. Then he starts attacking. "You foreigners are messing with the wrong guy. Where the hell's your leader!?" he taunted, holding back the 30,000 that joined the remaining foreigners in the opposite vicinity. "Men, take care of your lot. I got more than you can handle over there!" Ron shouted at his students, telling them to finish off their current targets.

"Ron, you gotta be careful! God damn it."

"Jun, assist my students. I got them all. Besides, they don't call me the Immortal Cyborg for nothing."

"Right. Okay, yeah. I remember now."

Then, Jun heads off to assist Moderatus and Arthur. "Look, assholes. If you're looking for a fight, you've asked for it!" he said, directing the taunt at the 14,380 foreigners that were left before the 30,000 in Ron's side joined the fray. "Men, Ron's got a shit load of people fighting him right now. I doubt he can handle the lot. I suggest we finish them all off and help him straight away." Jun suggested, devising a strategy right off the bat.

Back at Ron's side now though, as Jun and the others are handling the lower amount of foreigners it only took Ron three minutes to annihilate just shy of 150 foreigners. "Their leader should have shown up by now. Damn, they're corrupted." he said, before witnessing three of them eating each other. Ron took a step back and looked shocked, but it didn't take him long to recompose himself. "Holy shit. Did I just see people eating each other... That's just grim..." he thought. Just as he said that, the 4,000 on Jun's side started killing each other as well. "Wait, what. Are you guys f*cking serious!" Jun said, witnessing foreigners killing each other. "No, no, no, no, NO! There's no way we're buying this shit! Men, kill them all!" Jun instructed, slashing the betraying foreigners one by one.

"Another batch of savages? Just how many more of them are left?! ", he said, looking at the incoming horde. "Alright troops, time to join up with Moderatus. Shields at the front with spears through the gaps. Shields to the sides and to the rear with archers filling in the gap.", he said, pulling them into formation. "Let's go. March just behind Moderatus' troops so any savages that get through his battle line will run into ours.", he ordered, starting the march. They got to their intended position fairly quickly and immediately began to take out any strays that fell behind the first line of troops. "Let me know if you need any help up there, our troops will be covering your rear!",he shouted, falling in line just in front of the archers. He took out his bow and began firing arrows in sync with the others, providing missile cover for Moderatus and his troops. Meanwhile, his front line was impaling any savages that dared get in their way. His troops marched in sync with Moderatus' troops, keeping in line just behind them. "How's it going over there?", he shouted over to Moderatus, laughing.

When Ron was about to continue fighting, a signal flare lit up from above the sky. "This isn't a good sign. Another bounty has come up..." he said, preparing to cast his fatal ability, which should have been used as a last resort. When the 29,997 foreigners charged into Ron, the cyborg himself trapped them into sheer brightness for a full minute. Ron comes along with them, and slashes around at them one at a time. When the full minute was up, Ron bursts the sheer brightness, decimating it, the enemies were released and there, the remaining foreigners in his vicinity were abolished instantly, but it did come with a price...

Half his armour including his LED core was destroyed, so he dismounted his armour and flew home to grab a new core. When he arrived home, he took off his core and charged it up, despite missing an LED around his core. He took a good look at himself as well, and finds out he was bleeding quite heavily from his left arm as well as scratches on his face. "Yeah, best if I dealt with that later..." he thought, picking up a new core from his desk and plugged it in his heart. Then he picked up a new bounty, which he suspected was there before he used his signature fatal ability. It said: "Someone from the past has assumed the identity of Jun Kotomi, taking his first name. Jun Kotomi is now being framed for the things he hasn't done. Find the person responsible and take him down. You can only take part in this bounty using the weapons left behind by former Yim Empire members." Ron thought back, about the things Jun Kotomi might have done. "Framed? This could only mean..." Ron said, going down the stairs to the living room, grabbed three larger sized tables and brought them together. Then he laid out weapons that were left behind by former Yim Empire members, ringing one of his students afterwards. Assuming it would be one of them picking up, or Jun for that matter: "I got a new bounty for you, but it isn't so simple. Someone from the past just infiltrated this world and taken the identity of Jun Kotomi. he's now being framed for the things he hasn't done. One more catch though: You can only take part in this if you have a weapon that was left behind by former Yim Empire members. Other weapons according to the bounty doesn't work on our next target. I seem to have that weapon with me now."

Jun grabs the phone from whoever responded to Ron's phone call. "Wait, what? We need specific weapons? And someone assumed my identity? Yeah, something's fishy... Go check what's going on. What do we need to do now? Finish this and then come straight back?" he said to Ron on the phone, before passing it back to one of the students taking the call.

Ron responded positively, ordering his students and Jun to come straight home after their current bounty, then 240,250 remaining members came charging in at Ron all at once, including the three gangs consisting of five members mentioned in the fourth bounty. "What the f*ck? I don't remember this many people coming to my place all at once... Okay, that's not normal... I don't know how I'm gonna put up with this." he said, doubting himself but all he did was fight back anyway, seeing as there wasn't anything he can do to retreat or help others. "I'm refusing to retreat, it's just not me. So, the 200+ thousand people.. Come at me then. I'll show you true power!" he taunted, fighting back with the best of his ability.

Who knows whether Ron can handle this many at once?

"Arthur, Moderatus. Stop fighting for a second. What the f*ck's all the commotion?" Jun said in the vicinity with just over 14,000 foreigners still remaining. He took a look back, and because he has a better eyesight than Ron, he could see the pure blooded cyborg himself fending off under 250 thousand foreigners.

"Shit, it's too many, they're taking the bloody piss! You two, follow me! Ron needs help, urgently! If we don't arrive in five minutes, Ron's toast and we don't get the bounty!" Jun said, running off to assist Ron, but funnily enough the foreigners stopped fighting Arthur and Moderatus and charges at Jun instead, forcing him to fend all 14,000+ off whilst running to assist the pure blooded cyborg.

Moderatus was growing exceedingly tired of all the damned foreigners charging them.  The new batch of 30k were dealt with quickly enough, as between his forces up front and the support from Arthur's forces in behind they were simply completely out-matched.  The foreigners helped them out by doing a good bit of killing each other, and the young knight was happy to leave no survivors.  The sight of the beasts eating each other shook his men hard though, and as tired as they were from the fighting already there was no real way to keep the men going at this point.  After all, he and his had been fighting since the night before.  Still, there were a bit more left to deal with.  Of course their numbers were more evenly matched now, so with ten thousand against fourteen thousand it would have gone smoothly and quickly...at least it should have.  Jun decided to distract them all from the fight and talk about how Ron was under attack somewhere from the remaining forces.  To make matters worse, he ran straight there and pulled the foreigners along with him.

"Men!  Spearhead formation!"  The command was followed, his soldiers forming a wedge with him at the very tip and locking their shields.  Spears were traded for Halberds, essentially a combination of spear and axe, to be used in chopping down the foreigners in front of them without slowing.  It took mere seconds for the whole of his forces to reform like that, and then they charged as one.  They went straight through the foreigners chasing after Jun.  Fortunately the old man had gotten them to turn their backs, and so it was a simple matter to run them down from behind and tear them apart.  Furthermore, the two hundred thousand and change attacking Ron were distracted by the cyborg and would make for easy prey.

"Stagger your formation, form groups of 20 and get right into the heart of the enemy!  Fight back to back, and cut them all down!  Archers, open fire to soften them up!"  Once more the order was followed, his archers expending the last of their arrows to drop a few more foreigners each before the whole of his five thousand troops broke up into their groups just in time to smash into the enemy from behind.  Moderatus and his group fought their way towards Ron, while the rest of them found positions throughout the enemy's formation and cut down every last one of them that they could.  At this point the untrained, undisciplined, and all but entirely unarmored foreigners stood no chance.  Those gangs that were supposed to be so fierce?  The knight cut one of the groups of five down with a single stroke of his blade as he finally broke through to find Ron.  "What did you do to piss them off?"

"It wasn't me, I promise you. They just came at me like they're acting all ape shit at each other! Let's just fight side by side and kill them all! I bet you, it had something to do with detaining a foreigner during our second bounty." Ron responded to Moderatus' question, though it wasn't actually Ron and the others pissing off the foreigners, but it was their own will to idiotically run into the three men and attempted a suicide battle between them. Twenty minutes after Jun, Moderatus and Arthur arrived for Ron's aid, just over 50,000 foreigners were wiped out, leaving the guys with 190,000 remaining. "Less than half way now. This is taking longer than I thought. It needs another day." Ron said, focusing his eyepiece on 200 of the foreigners who think it's alright to just charge in. "F*ck this shit, I give up. This is getting old." he said, bored with all the fighting already.

"Ventus Ire."

He shouted out his weapon ability's name, and very strong gusts of wind came from behind him at 3,000 mph. After thirty seconds, all 200 of the foreigners were wiped out by the strong wind, landing head first and crushing their skulls, thus knocking them all out cold. "Oh, piece of cake. What am I gonna do with the 189,800 people still standing? Oh yeah. I'll slice them up one by one. I hope you're ready!" Ron taunted, firing himself up, forcing the electricity from his core to his nervous system and starts fighting, enhancing his skill.

"Engage!"

Ron mounts his weapon to his back, causing them to morph as wings and dragoon particles appear from behind him. Afterwards, he flies in the air and uses his next exclusive ability. "Lux Magnus." he announced, dropping his weapon from behind his back, spins it around at 360 degrees at a very fast pace and fires his dragoon particles from above. "Fire!" he shouted as the particles rain down laser beams from above the sky. Just as the particles land on Ron's weapon, it creates a reflection, making the rain of laser beams more lethal as the firing range changes direction from the centre to the right and the left. Another five minutes has passed, fifty of the foreigners have been wiped out by the endless laser beams, and counting. When the laser beams are still continuing to be fired, Ron mounts his weapon once again, and decides to descend. He then removes the weapon from his back and decides to fight all the foreigners head on whilst the beams are still raining down on the ground. "I hope you like the fact that it's pissing down with lasers!" Ron taunted, charging at the foreigners.

Responding to the change in the battle, he shouted, "Slow down and cover all our bases in a circle! We'll need to be here for a while yet, so conserve your arrows!" As the troops gathered into formation, he took the time to gaze at the savages in front of them. "There's still so many of them...", he sighed, preparing with the rest of the troops for another push. "Moderatus, one last push and we should rest, my troops are starting to get tired and they're running out of arrows. I'm sure yours are as well, aren't they?", he shouted ahead, taking an arrow from his quiver and nocking it on the string, waiting for the barbarians to charge. When Ron starting using his abilities, he shouted, "Shields up! This is going to be one hell of a bright day!" As the shields went up, the reflection of any stray laser beams were redirected in the opposite direction and casualties were avoided. "Alright, we're going to start marching over there but we'll need shields to cover the soldiers with their shields pointing skywards. Don't leave a single point of our formation unprotected or we won't last very long.", he said, pulling everyone together in the formation. They started marching, spears going through the gaps and impaling the savages in their way while the archers in the circle put their bows away and gave their arms a rest.

Then, assuming that Arthur and Moderatus have finished what they were doing, two hours after Jun and the others have aided Ron, the laser beams were decimated by an unpredicted gale storm. "Oh, that's odd..." the cyborg himself said. Though, that didn't bother him. When he looked around, only 100,000 of the foreigners have remained after the two hours he has been around the area. "This should be enough to trap them... Though, to make it safe I'd probably slice through a few more..." he said, keeping the battle going for a little bit longer.

"Engage!"

Ron mounts his weapon once again and dragoon particles have appeared. Now he starts fighting from a very far distance, with laser beams firing every now and then. This goes on for another five minutes, and whilst this happens Jun comes along after breaking through few of the 90,000 that have been wiped out in the last two hours. "There you go again. You put yourself in needless danger, haven't you? Oh well. At least we wiped out so many now thanks to your laser beams. I should be thankful. Now, what shall we do with the remaining 100,000?" Jun said, asking such an obvious question that even Ron didn't need to answer, but did anyway. "We rest up after a few more. They'd probably continue rampaging, but there's no real harm any more. Let's leave it as that.” Ron replied, instructing his particles to continue firing. Then, after a full day the third and fourth bounties have started, the estranged troops from both Ron and Jun's sides arrive finally to finish off the rampaging foreigners. "Finally, they got their arses here. We can rest now, men! Just leave them to rampage for a bit longer!" Ron instructed his students, but then he had more to say.

"As soon as we get home, you'll have to loan a weapon for our new bounty. It's free of course, but if you wish to keep it, then you need to let me know. I can't take Gold, but it certainly isn't for free. I'll need you to run an errand in exchange for that." Ron said, instructing Jun and his students to come in the house that is now wrecked. Speaking of which, it is still Ron's house. Ron walks in and takes a look at the damage that was being done. "Look at the damage... Holy shit..." he groans, picking up bits of cement that fell during his fight with the remaining foreigners that were once 200 thousand.

And then, time has come to explain the bounty. "Okay, here's your fifth bounty. Jun, you got one already. So, let's go through it." Ron said, starting to pick up on the details of the new bounty and handing each of them to his students. "There's an outsider that infiltrated from the past. Basically, we need to take him down and throw him back out. But, it's not simple. In front of me, are weapons left behind by my former empire. They're long gone now, dead. So, I picked them up for other people to start using. By the way, the weapons you create have no affect whatsoever against our next bounty target, which is why I brought the weapons here. That unfortunately includes Jun." Ron continues, as he picks a second and third weapon to use, in case his Quo Vadis fails against the bounty target. "Alright, I'll be using the Dual Gunblades and the Glass Excalibur. They both belonged to my wife and my sister in law when they were still alive. Now... It's your turn to pick." he concludes, giving his students time to pick a weapon to use for their next bounty.

"Including me as well? That sucks." Jun complains, but he proceeds to picking a weapon anyway. "Fine. The Gale Katanas and those ten Keyblades are mine." Jun picks.

"Two weapons as well? Well.. Better having two than one, but then again... Ten Keyblades are hard to control. Even my youngest daughter at the time had a hard time mastering those. But then again, my son wielded the Gale Katanas. They’re not that difficult." Ron said, advising Jun on how to use the ten Keyblades. "I'll teach you how to use them a bit later. Just pick a weapon and we'll take it from there." he concludes, heading off to teach Jun how to use the Keyblades once wielded by his youngest daughter.

In the training ground, behind the rubble that was once Ron's house

"Ah, shit!"

"Stop moaning, Jun. You're not doing it right. Here, watch me." Ron instructs, taking a spare weapon orb from the training ground and calls out his youngest daughter Mel's Flying Keyblades. During the process, ten Keyblades appear from behind his back with a formation of a ten-pointed star, before hurling them all at Jun, then disappearing again. "Now, your turn. Don't f*ck this up." Ron instructed, then Jun does the same as what Ron had demonstrated and mastered it immediately. "Yeah, that's it. Hurl it at me." he instructed again, before having one of the Keyblades hurled at him, but it didn't hit him. Still, he accepted the fact that Jun mastered the Keyblades. "Okay, you pass. Now, it's the students' turn. Let's see what Arthur and Moderatus can do with the weapons they decide to loan out..." Ron said, waiting.

With the foreigners ultimately dealt with, thanks in no small part to his ally and his mentor, Moderatus was finally able to rest.  The last 100,000 were easy to deal with, and despite Ron quitting the field they were slaughtered to a man before the knight finally sent his troops back to camp to rest and wash up.  As for himself, he was exhausted.  His purple and gold armor was covered in enough blood that it looked to be crimson, and his tabard was essentially ruined.  To make matters worse, they had one more bounty to deal with here and now and it would require the use of weapons that they were not familiar with.  Still, there were plenty of swords there to wield for the moment and so the young knight was at least comfortable in wielding one of them.

"I'm taking this."  He said as he reached out and took a weapon that was fairly strange to him, but which Ron would recognize as Satan's Blade.  A few swings of it inside satisfied the knight that it was a balanced weapon, and from there he made to leave the room.  It had been quite a while since he'd had time to sleep, and he decided that it was time he went and got some.

After the barbarians were dealt with, his troops had time to rest up and replenish their arrows. "That was a hell of a fight. Not one I'd like to do again without more troops, however.", he said, putting his bow away and going out to gather up his arrows. He looked down and saw that his leather armor was stained red, deciding to clean it off in the morning. After that was done, he joined Ron, Jun and Moderatus in walking back to the house. When they had finished talking and choosing their weapons, he spoke. "Well, it looks like I'm taking this." A curved blade, one Ron would recognise as the Dragon Scimitar. He immediately took the chance to go and train with it, choosing to use the sword like he used the blades on his bow. Upon seeing that it worked effectively, he made his way over to his camp and watched his troops train for a few hours, then sat down with them and enjoyed the food, then decided to sleep. Unable to do that he went out to train some more and then proceeded to go back to sleep.

"The oversized blade that belonged to my grandson and the scimitar that belonged to my son-in-law. Good choices, you two. Now, let's explain the details." Ron said to his students before they sleep. "The Satan's Blade may be an average size for now, but in combat... It has a life of it's own. Just stab it to the ground, and the soul that succumbed to darkness will come out and assist you... And it also grows to about fifty feet. You can also keep its size and fight with it as it is, but remember... It has a life of its own so don't be surprised if lone spirits come out of your blade." Ron explained, before telling Arthur about the Dragon Scimitar that he picked. "The Dragon Scimitar... It's technically no different to an average blade, so you can use it as you wish. It's more faster and powerful though." he continued. If the students wished however, they could pick another weapon. But they just went ahead to catch up on some sleep, so that had to wait.

When his students went to bed, he took a look outside and as he thought, the estranged troops are doing the work for him, but by the time the numbers were wiped out to just 45,000 the troops couldn't take it any more and retreated to reform their ranks. "Sir, sorry. But this is too much for us without some sort of rest. We're down to just 60,000." one of the troops said. "60,000 already? I thought we brought down 190,000 of you guys... Fine, I'll finish them all off. Get some rest." Ron replied, somewhat looking disappointed. The troops did what they can and retreated, forcing Ron to call up some more batches to become troops of their future leaders.

Then Ron faced off with the 45,000 remaining troops. "What a measly amount of troops. I could finish them in under five minutes..." he said, complaining about the amount of troops he had to fight. Jun took a look outside to see Ron dealing with 45,000 troops. "Well, it's not too difficult. Ron can do it himself no problem." he said, watching.

"Ventus Ire."

Ron calls his ability name and gusts of wind blows from behind him at 3,000 mph, blowing off 75 per cent of the troops, leaving the opposing side with just 11,250 foreigners left. With Ron satisfied with the results, he called the ability again, blowing winds at the same speed and blowing off the remaining amount of troops, leaving the foreigners with nothing left. Then Ron thought, "Three days to kill 300 thousand troops. Oh, and not to mention the three gang members... Oh yeah, I killed the other two with my Ventus Ire attack. Now, to spread the reward... Jun and I have nothing to do with this other than assist. Surely we'll be paid extra... Now, to split the 14,500 Gold between the two students. This would make 7,250 Gold, their biggest reward yet. I'll just leave them in the envelope here..." He places the 7250 Gold next to Arthur and Moderatus' beds  and leaves a note for each of them: "Your bounty reward: 7,250 Gold, split from the 14,500 Gold reward for the two bounties being done. Mine and Jun's money will come later, so the reward has nothing to do with us."

"Their reward is probably the biggest they've seen, right?" Jun said as Ron comes back home. "Yeah, and I've got you to thank for it. As much as I hate to say it, I gotta give it to ya. We'll be getting the extra credit when we get paid at the end of the month." Ron responded, looking at the 300,000 corpses alongside the mess the foreigners have made. "Shit, who's gonna clear that up?" Ron questioned, though it's probably more likely gonna be him that will be clearing the mess. "Yep, it's me. I'll be up for another three days then..." he moaned, beginning the work of clearing corpses.

Archived