Packing Plant

Lunar Origins

Seems 'bit too good under the right circumstances. How about 2 instead? Also generally MtG doesn't have "is destroyed" effects except as a qualifier for mechanics like regen and indestructible ("if x would be destroyed" etc), but I could be wrong. A simple "When Packing Plant dies" would probably suffice. Actually I just realized that Packing Plant can be used repeatedly ... incredible. If this is the intended functionality, please make it 1) have a small maximum or 2) only exile 1 at a time (or both!) the mana efficiency is incredible, as is its reusability =_=;;

Also yeah this card could use a bunch of wording fixes too, I think.

Possible revision:

Packing Plant

Artifact Land

T: Add 1 to your mana pool.

1U, T: You may exile a card from your hand face down, then if more than 3 cards are exiled, choose 3 and put the rest on the bottom of your library.

When ~ dies, you may play any number of cards exiled with ~ without paying their mana costs.

First and foremost, artifact land is a cardinal sin in Magic. There's a reason why the artifact lands from Mirrodin are banned in almost everything (*cough* tinker *cough*)

Second, this card is just way too good, for a very cheap mana investment and a wasteland, your getting 3 free spells. From a land, there's not much interaction your opponent has with this other than stifle effects.

First and foremost, artifact land is a cardinal sin in Magic. There's a reason why the artifact lands from Mirrodin are banned in almost everything (*cough* tinker *cough*)

Second, this card is just way too good, for a very cheap mana investment and a wasteland, your getting 3 free spells. From a land, there's not much interaction your opponent has with this other than stifle effects.

This is not quite true. Artifact lands are not too terrible by themselves; the problem is when Affinity happens and you start dropping rando cards for free and it's like ... "why am I playing this game?". The colored lands are banned in block constructed and Modern solely because of Affinity, at least as far as I can tell, and legal in everything else. Tinker's not really the problem although that's banned too for different reasons (because Tinker is hella OP). Darksteel Citadel is clearly fine.

(the second part I can totally get behind)

Archived