[Mtg15]Karmatic Burst Seal

Forest Fire

so taking into consideration the mess that was that planeswalker.... let's just forget that happened, plz? i actually do have some idea what a good balance is, but i just find planeswalker... hard. without further ado, an instant.

[spoiler Older]1419622577672091.png
Imbued Arrow
{5}{p/w}{p/w}
Instant-Trap  Uncommon
Target one creature spell in your graveyard that died this Combat damage step and one creature spell the turn player controls that attacked this turn; exile the first target and all creatures the turn player controls, except the second target. The second target gets -X/-Y, where X and Y are the respective Power and Toughness of the first target.[/spoiler]

[spoiler Old]1419625504862940.png
Karmatic Burst Seal
{5}{p/w}{p/w}
Instant-Trap  Uncommon
Target one creature spell in your graveyard that died this Combat damage step and one creature spell the turn player controls that attacked this turn; exile the first target and all creatures the turn player controls, except the second target. The second target gets -X/-Y, where X and Y are the respective Power and Toughness of the first target.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]1419654609170168.png
Karmatic Burst Seal
{2}{b}{w}
Instant-Trap Uncommon
As an additional cost to cast Karmatic Burst Seal, exile a creature card from your graveyard.
Attacking creatures get -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the exiled card's power.[/spoiler]

1419657778956694.png
Karmatic Burst Seal
{2}{b}{w}
Instant Uncommon
As an additional cost to cast Karmatic Burst Seal, exile a creature card from your graveyard.
Attacking creatures get -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the exiled card's power.

Name could be.....

How about....

Karmaic Burst Seal

Since it destroys stuff when they destroy yours, you also break the loop by exiling your monster and exiling theirs too, therefore breaking the karmaic seal after use?

Its some flavor, but if you think of something better then feel free, also it kinda maintains the trap element since its a seal, like in a temple floor...

First, let's clean up that grammar, shall we? There's no such concept as "turn player" in M:tG, so I had to make some alterations.

Choose target creature card in your graveyard that died this turn from combat damage and target creature an opponent controls that attacked this turn. Exile the target creature card and all creatures that attacked this turn, except the target creature. The target creature gets -X/-Y until end of turn, where X is the target creature card's power and Y is its toughness.

...not even sure this is right, but w/e. This card has too much complexity by Magic standards, particularly because the use of Phyrexian mana means that you're effectively giving this effect to all colors. Which shouldn't happen. The -N/-N isn't a white ability, either: you'd more likely find that in black. Thus, may I suggest something like the following?

Arrow of the Afterlife 2WB
Instant
As an additional cost to cast ~, exile a creature card from your graveyard.
Attacking creatures get -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the exiled card's power.

that seems much simpler, yes. the phyrexian mana was just cause i like using to denote an 'evil' card. will edit and post in a moment.

Glad you liked my reinterpretation. (:

Also, as a final note, the subtype "Trap" is used to denote an instant that can be casted for a reduced cost under certain conditions. An example from Zendikar is:

Whiplash Trap 3UU
Instant - Trap
If an opponent had two or more creatures enter the battlefield under his or her control this turn, you may pay U rather than pay Whiplash Trap's mana cost.
Return two target creatures to their owners' hands.

Since this doesn't have that effect, I'd suggest removing the subtype, as otherwise it doesn't follow the intended definition of what "Trap" means on a card.

Also also, this is a bit nitpicky, but your card should have a gold frame instead of a black one, as its mana cost has multiple colors. (:

Glad you liked my reinterpretation. (:

Finally, this is a bit nitpicky, but your card should have a gold frame instead of a black one, as its mana cost has multiple colors. (:

i don't really gold borders and the generator i use doesn't have dual-colored, so i just usually pick the color the card feels like it belongs to. if it's hard to pick or i have a tri-colored card i do go with the gold border but... yeah. this just felt like it should have a black border. 

someone want to tell me what the fuck is with the third spoiler? o.O or am i the only one it's not working for?
it's showing up as [background=#fbfdfe]<br> Karmatic Burst Seal<br> {2}{b}{w}<br> Instant-Trap Uncommon<br> As an additional cost to cast Karmatic Burst Seal, exile a creature card from your graveyard.<br> Attacking creatures get -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the exiled card's power.&#91[/background] followed by the spoiler "show" button, but there's nothing there when i hit show..

Archived