Devour 1
If 3 or more creatures were sacrificed this way, Cascade
4/4[/spoiler]

aF1p0UV.png
Insatiable Devourer
Rare
{5}{b}{r}
Flying, haste
As an additional cost to cast Insatiable Devourer, you may sacrifice any number of creatures. If you sacrificed 3 or more creatures this way, cascade. Insatiable Devourer enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters, where X is the number of creatures you sacrificed to cast it.

i didn't think it would work. not really sure how to edit it though. like i don't think altering devour would help so that would leave alter cascade somehow. 
"When you cast this spell, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card whose converted mana cost is less than this spell's converted mana cost. You may cast that card without paying its mana cost. Then put all cards exiled this way that weren't cast on the bottom of your library in a random order." instead of that maybe

When this spell enters the battlefield, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card whose converted mana cost is less than this spell's converted mana cost. You may cast that card without paying its mana cost. Then put all cards exiled this way that weren't cast on the bottom of your library in a random order.

Rather than use the devour mechanic, I'd word it in a devour variation that occurs during a cast.

As an additional cost to cast Insatiable Devourer, you may sacrifice any number of creatures. If you sacrificed 3 or more creatures this way, cascade. (Cascade reminder text)

Insatiable Devourer enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters, where X is the number of creatures you sacrificed to cast it.

Archived