[MtG] I'm making a Power Rangers 3-set block

Just Crouton

Based on MMPR season 1-3.

Keywords so far are Megazord Power and Combine.

Megazord Power is restricted to Red Rangers (and the White Ranger Tommy,) and allow you to sacrifice Zords to play Megazords from anywhere outside of the game. Currently, it's sack 5, but in the event of future sets, the number will vary to match the flavor of the intended Megazord.

Combine lets Zords/Megazords to combine together. They are sacrificed, then you grab the Megazord printed on the Combine text from anywhere outside of the game and play it. So far, all of Tommy's zords barring White Shogun will have it.

These were put it to make Ranger decks flow better.

On the villain side, Monstrosity is used by black creatures to keep with the flavor of them growing on the show for now.

The second set will introduce Warrior Mode for the Thunderzords, which allows the creature to sacrifice itself to summon it's "Warrior Mode" from outside of the game. Will only be used for Red Dragon and White Tiger.

I'll probably also make artifact equipments to summon zords matching the equipped Ranger's color from outside the game to match the flavor of the zord's being summoned.

[spoiler=Samples]

sm8xw4.jpg

2wqct4k.jpg

10gmhxd.jpg

9zoxlj.jpg

1zlylhk.jpg

ele0rb.jpg

Dragon Dagger

Equip 4
Equipped creature gets +1/+0.
8, Tap equipped creature, sacrifice Dragon Dagger: Search for a Dragonzord from outside of the game, and put it onto the battlefield under your control.

x2qc05.jpg

3028j9v.jpg

sx28p1.jpg

2vcvonq.jpg

2589phv.jpg

[/spoiler]

Some eterra - evergreen keywords always go before mechanic keywords. Any tutor effect for a specific card type requires you to reveal the card before putting it in your hand. Activated abilities are always (cost),(tap): (effect) (some cards have improper formatting).

As for your keyword abilites, I'd say to avoid parasitic mechanics as much as possible, but it's probably fine for this. Combine seems too limited as a keyword since it only interacts with 3 cards. It would be fine as just an activated ability.

Archived