[Archetype] 4 playstyles in 1 Deck - the Nova Archetype

Self-Destruct Button

As there are not many Pendulum Archetypes available yet - as DP doesn't have the Mechanic included yet - I thought I'd make an Archetype myself even before we got them, so that I wouldn't have to rush then. But what am I even talking about, so basically they're all called "Nova" followed by a random color, as for the names. The deck plays by setting one of the Level 4 monsters as a Pendulum Scale, and the other one defines your playstyle, also the level 4s enable you to change your playstyle once per turn. The Deck Boss as Scale makes the Deck a rank 4 spam, the level 8 and 6 make it Rank 7 spam, the level 7s are to bring the Boss out, and the Level 6 can also make Synchro monsters. They have a lot of restrictions, idk if they are balanced yet, but that's why I post them here. The template is a mix from an own template and the one that can be found here.
So, here are the cards:

[spoiler="Normal Monsters"]
[spoiler="Nova Fuchsia"]irlGKAE.png
Pendulum Effect: If you Pendulum Summon 4 or more monsters: Any Battle Damage your opponent takes this turn is halved. Once per turn: You can target 1 card in your Pendulum Zone other than this card; destroy it, and if you do, place 1 Pendulum Monster from your hand or Extra Deck in that Zone.
Monster Effect: None, obviously...[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Nova Scarlet"]j39nUXf.png
Pendulum Effect: While you control 3 or more monsters: You cannot declare attacks. Once per turn: You can target 1 card in your Pendulum Zone other than this card; destroy it, and if you do, place 1 Pendulum Monster from your hand or Extra Deck in that Zone.
Monster Effect: lol [/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Effect Monsters"]
[spoiler="Nova Azure"]3iPbIaz.png
Pendulum Effect: You can only Pendulum Summon Level 4 or Level 7 monsters, and only monsters with the same Level. Pendulum Monsters being detached from Xyz Monsters you control are sent face-up to the Extra Deck instead of being sent to the Graveyard.
Monster Effect: When this card is Special Summoned: You can reduce its Level by 1 or 2. When this card is Normal Summoned while you control no monsters that were Special Summoned from the Extra Deck: You can Special Summon 1 “Nova” monster from your Deck. Its effects are negated, it cannot attack and it is destroyed during the End Phase. [/spoiler]
[spoiler="Nova Black"]KK7MIAE.png
Pendulum Effect: You cannot Special Summon monsters, except for “Nova” monsters. If this card in your Pendulum Zone is destroyed, except by an opponents card effect: You cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn. During the End Phase, if you control only Pendulum Monsters: You can destroy 1 “Nova” card in your hand; add 1 “Nova” monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of “Nova Black” once per turn.
Monster Effect: If this card is Pendulum Summoned while you control only “Nova” cards: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; return that target to the hand. You can only use this effect of “Nova Black” once per turn.[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Nova Silver"]rFpgDDq.png
Pendulum Effect: You cannot Special Summon monsters, except for “Nova” monsters. If this card in your Pendulum Zone is destroyed, except by an opponents card effect: You cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn. During your End Phase, if you control 2 or less “Nova” monsters: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 “Nova” monster from your Deck. You can only use this effect of “Nova Silver” once per Turn.
Monster Effect: During your Main Phase 1, if you control no other Level 5 or higher monsters: You can Special Summon 1 Level 7 “Nova” monster from your Deck. Its effects are negated and it cannot attack. You can only use this effect of “Nova Silver” once per turn.[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Nova Anthracite"]djtfZ4z.png
Pendulum Effect: You cannot Special Summon monsters whose Level or Rank is 6 or lower. Once per turn, if you Pendulum Summoned this turn and you control only 1 monster, except if that monster was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck: You can Special Summon 1 Level 7 “Nova” monster from your Deck. Pendulum Monsters detached from Xyz Monsters you control are sent face-up to the Extra Deck instead of being sent to the Graveyard.
Monster Effect: If this card is Pendulum Summoned: Tribute 2 monsters or destroy this card. You can use each of the following Effects of “Nova Anthracite” once per turn: •During your Battle Phase, if your opponent activates a Trap Card: You can negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. •If you control no monsters and no cards in your Pendulum Zones while this card is face-up in your Extra Deck: You can Special Summon this card from the Extra Deck, and if you do, you cannot Summon monsters for the Rest of this turn.[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Nova Rose"]va9zvCk.png
Pendulum Effect: Once per turn: You can add 1 card with the same Name as a "Nova" monster you control from your Deck to your hand. Pendulum Monsters detached from Xyz Monsters you control are sent face-up to the Extra Deck instead of being sent to the Graveyard.
Monster Effect: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. This card cannot attack during the turn it was Speial Summoned. Once per turn, during either players turn, when an opponents Spell, Trap or Monster Effect is activated that would add a card(s) from their Deck to their hand OR that would Special Summon a monster(s): You can return 1 other Pendulum Monster you control to the Extra Deck; negate that effect, and if you do, destroy that card. You can only control 1 “Nova Rose”.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Thanks for reading, feel free to drop any suggestions, improvements or opinions into the topic.

I do not like the fact that Rose can be repeatedly summoned as a Pendulum monster, and has a superb body and a negation effect. Why is something that's about as good as Shooting Star Dragon so easy to summon? Other than that it looks okay. Fuschia's negative effect @ 4 bodies summoned is impractical, I'd tune it to half @ 2 or 0 @ 4+ because half @ 4+ is just ... eh.

I'd have to play against the deck to find out, but as the Pendulums don't have overtly strong effects or bodies aside from Rose, I think more playtesting is necessary.

Archived