K-Pop vs. J-Pop

Thar

The subject came to me while I was watching a Kara MV, which is Korean pop, but since both countries share a similar culture, Japanese pop is something I might have to put time into to determine which version I like better.

Discuss. J-Pop or K-pop? Brownie points for those who can share a neutral opinion.

I can swear I've heard some of both, and I rather like them both. 
I mean, I don't listen to it nearly as much as a lot of people do, but I like what I've heard of them so far.

I mean, I can't understand the lyrics, don't want to, and I love the way Japanese/Korean voices sound when singing regardless. 
And then the "pop" part is pretty similar and well, that's good. 

I mean, I don't listen to it nearly as much as a lot of people do, but I like what I've heard of them so far

Yeah, I still can't put myself ahead others of the like. After all, Gangnam Style was my reason for getting into K-Pop.

And then the "pop" part is pretty similar and well, that's good.

The 'pop' part is the main difference between the two genres. K-pop is hugely based on Western pop trends, j-pop is more insular an industry (partially due to Japan's national culture) hence why j-pop sounds more eccentric and such.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived