[Archetype] Dark Dimensionals

VampireofDarkness

Since this was a revamp on my Dark Counterpart Rituals, I originally meant to post this a bit ago, though never got to for whatever reason. However, since I'm planning to be much less active on YCM for a few weeks if not a few months, I thought I might as well drop it here and leave it at that.

As always, CnC is appreciated.

[Spoiler Effect Monsters]
[Spoiler Jester of the Dark Dimension]
ff615IH.jpg
When this card is Normal Summoned, you can add 1 DARK Ritual Monster from your Deck to your hand. During the End Phase, if this card was banished or sent to the Graveyard for the Ritual Summoned of a DARK monster, you can target 1 DARK monster in your Graveyard; add 1 DARK monster from your Deck to your hand with the same level, but a different name. You can only activate each effect of "Jester of the Dark Dimension" once per turn.
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Librarian of the Dark Dimension]
XIBe7GU.jpg
When this card is Normal Summoned, you can add 1 "Dark" or "Darkness" Ritual Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. During the End Phase, if this card was banished or sent to the Graveyard for the Ritual Summoned of a DARK monster, you can target 1 banished DARK monster whose Level is equal to or less than the Level of the monster Ritual Summoned using this card; add that target to your hand. You can only activate each effect of "Librarian of the Dark Dimension" once per turn.
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Accursed of the Dark Dimension]
9wdKrGB.jpg
When this card is Normal Summoned, you can add 1 "Dark Dimension" Ritual Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. During the End Phase, if this card was banished or sent to the Graveyard for the Ritual Summoned of a DARK monster, you can target 1 banished DARK monster whose Level is equal to or less than the Level of the monster Ritual Summoned using this card; add that target to your hand. You can only activate each effect of "Librarian of the Dark Dimension" once per turn.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Ritual Monsters]
[Spoiler Grandmaster of the Darkness]
XHE3mvS.jpg
(This card is always treated as a "Dark Dimensional" monster)
Can be Ritual Summoned with any "Dark Dimension" Ritual Spell Card. When this card is Ritual Summoned: You can send 1 monster from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard; add 1 "Dark Dimension" monster with the same Type, ATK and DEF than that monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand, except "Grandmaster of the Darkness". If this card is discarded or banished to activate a DARK monster's effect: You can draw 1 card.
Credits to -Noel- for making this card and essentially making the Deck go round!
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Tensochi, Teleporter of the Dark Dimension]
v08ksLc.jpg
(This card is always treated as a "Dark Dimensional" monster)
Can be Ritual Summoned with any "Dark Dimension" Ritual Spell Card. When this card is Ritual Summoned: You can send 1 monster from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard; add 1 "Dark Dimension" monster with the same Type, ATK and DEF than that monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand, except "Grandmaster of the Darkness". If this card is discarded or banished to activate a DARK monster's effect: You can draw 1 card.
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Akuroma, Archfiend of the Dark Dimension]
i6oRbZi.jpg
Can be Ritual Summoned with any "Dark Dimension" Ritual Spell Card. You can discard this card and 1 DARK monster from your hand; add 1 "Dark Dimension" monster from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn, if a Chain (of 2 or more links) occurs, you can target 1 DARK monster you control and 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy the targeted cards.
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Kamijutsu, Sorcerer of the Dark Dimension]
jxl1GCn.jpg
Can be Ritual Summoned with any "Dark Dimension" Ritual Spell Card. You can discard this card and 1 DARK monster; add 1 "Dark Dimension" Spell/Trap card from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn, during your opponent's Main Phase, when your opponent activates the effect of a Non-DARK monster they control, you can banish 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard; negate the effect of that monster until the end of the turn
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Kuroshi, Fallen of the Dark Dimension]
NPkscEc.jpg
Can be Ritual Summoned with any "Dark Dimension" Ritual Spell Card. At the start of your Main Phase 1, you can discard this card from your hand; the activation and effects of "Dark Dimension" Spell/Trap cards cannot be negated, until the end of the Main Phase 1 of this turn. During your opponent's Battle Phase, decrease the ATK of all monsters they control by 200 for each DARK monster you control. Once per turn, when a "Dark Dimension" Trap Card is successfully resolved, you can target 1 other card you control; that card cannot be destroyed by card effects until the end of the turn.
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Shinkuma, Undead of the Dark Dimension]
5l6o6TP.jpg
Can be Ritual Summoned with any "Dark Dimension" Ritual Spell Card. At the start of your Battle Phase, you can discard this card, then destroy all monsters you control, except DARK monsters; when a "Dark Dimension" monster declares an attack, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Battle Phase. When this card is Ritual Summoned, destroy all monsters you control, except DARK monsters. Once per turn, when a DARK monster is destroyed, you can banish 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy it.
The Level 9 Ritual is always the one I never play. It's so hard to get this out, it's not even funny. Not even the effect is worth it. How ironic that the Level 9 in Nekroz be the best card in the Deck and here, it's the worst.
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Kaokuma, the Absolute of Darkness]
oKgx3Bs.jpg
(This card is always treated as a "Dark Dimension" monster)
Can be Ritual Summoned with any "Dark Dimension" Ritual Spell Card. You can discard this card and 1 DARK monster in your hand; Add 1 "Dark Dimension" card from your Graveyard to your hand. When this card is Ritual Summoned, target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; Banish it, and if it's a Level 5 or higher monster, you can discard 1 DARK monster; check all cards in your opponent's hand, field, and Graveyard, and banish all copies of that card.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Ritual Spells]
[Spoiler Dark Ceremony]
NHlwAYQ.jpg
(This card is always treated as a "Dark Dimension" card)
This card is used to Ritual Summon any DARK monster. You must also Tribute DARK monsters from your field, hand, or exactly 1 DARK monster from your deck whose Levels exactly equal the Level of the Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon. You can only activate 1 "Dark Ceremony" per turn.
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Revival of the Dark Dimension]
Nfwj5G2.jpg
This card is used to Ritual Summon any "Dark Dimension" monster. You must also Tribute DARK monsters from your field, hand, or banish "Dark Dimension" monsters from your Graveyard whose Levels exactly equal the Level of the Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon. You can only activate 1 "Revival of the Dark Dimension" per turn.
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Invitation to the Dark Dimension]
17AXSHU.jpg
This card is used to Ritual Summon any "Dark Dimension" monster. You must also Tribute DARK monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal the Level of the Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon or more. When a DARK monster is sent to your Graveyard: You can banish this card and another monster from your Graveyard; add 1 "Dark Dimension" monster with the same Level, ATK and DEF than that banished monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.
Again, credit to -Noel- for making this. Also I'll mention that second effect has never activated. Ever. One of these days it'll be useful
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Additional Support]
[Spoiler Routing the Dark Dimension]
HHMaYGY.jpg
Return 1 DARK monster or 1 "Dark Dimension" Spell/Trap from your Graveyard to your hand, then banish 1 DARK monster or 1 Spell/Trap from your Graveyard of the same card type (Normal, Effect, Ritual). You can only activate 1 "Routing the Dark Dimension" per turn.
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Dark Dimension Tactics - Crystal Sealing]
5s9ztPm.jpg
Can only be activated when your opponent activates a Spell or Trap and you control a "Dark Dimension" monster. Negate it's activation and Set the Spell or Trap, then target 1 "Dark Dimension" monster you control. While you control this card, your opponent cannot activate the Set card. Destroy this card when the targeted monster is removed from the field.
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Dark Dimension Tactics - Enshrouding Lock]
pBcEmcY.jpg
Can only be activated when your opponent Normal Summons or Special Summons a monster whose Level/Rank is equal to or lower than the Level/Rank of a "Dark Dimension" monster you control. Banish that monster face-down, then target 1 "Dark Dimension" monster you control. When that monster is removed the field, destroy this card. When is card is removed from the field, return that monster to the field in its original position.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Xyz Monsters]
[Spoiler Fiendish Joker]
e0y5XYy.jpg
2 Level 4 DARK Monsters
(This card is always treated as a "Dark Dimension" monster)
When this card is Xyz Summoned, your opponent discards 1 card, and if they do, discard 1 card (if any). The effects of cards discarded by this card's effect(s) negated. Each time a player draws a card(s) or adds a card from their Deck or Graveyard to their hand, that player must discard 1 card. During each of your End Phases, detach 1 Xyz Material from this card. If you cannot, this card's effects cannot be activated.
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Shirei Khan, Warlord of the Dark Dimension]
JjD4MjV.jpg
2 Level 4 DARK Monsters
Once per turn can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card. After this effect resolves, banish 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard. During the turn this effect is activated, this card can attack all monsters your opponent controls. Other monsters you control cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this effect.
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Akurei, Wisp of the Dark Dimension]
nRwObG9.jpg

2 Level 4 DARK Monsters
While this card has Xyz Materials, it is unaffected by Trap Cards, except "Dark Dimension" Trap Cards. When this card is Xyz Summoned, you can add 1 "Dark Dimension" Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn, except the turn this card is Xyz Summoned, if you control no Spell/Traps, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and banish 1 "Dark Dimension" Trap Card from your Graveyard; Add 1 "Dark Dimension" Trap Card from your Deck to your hand.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Oh I see many things not healthy here...

Jester: So wait if there is a level 7 in the grave DAD is searchable, a level 3 then tourguide etc etc. This broad range of searching is just excessive. Heavy, heavy nerfing must be done to him.

Librarian: Soo much plussing, but assuming the rituals aren't that bad this may actually be necessary...I'm skeptical right now, but I can't say that it is overpowered.

Accursed: The lore that is on the card and the lore that is underneath the card do not match...After looking at the actual effect...It's not bad as far as Ritual support goes. The other two should probably have this same effect.

Grandmaster: Controlled mill + Search + In grave draw card. Not a fan, too much advantage etc etc. I think I've said this all before. Especially sense it looks like there is probably going to be a lot of controlled milling and searching.

Tensochi: See Grandmaster wait the lore underneath is actually grandmaster's Lore...So the actual card is the engine for all of the in grave shenans...not that bad.

Akuroma: Yeah it is so balanced on its own that it is sad. Unfortunately, its most likely going to search Jester who isn't balanced and then you can proceed to do horrible shenans. And its searchable by Preparation of Rites...Sad when bad things happen to good cards.

Kamijutsu: Can all things that have cost be actual cost. The banish part is just an engine starter for the in grave shenans. In fact I literally think it would be fine if there wasn't the line about banishing monsters in grave.

Kuroshi: I actually have no problems with this...partially because I recognize that this is venus being redone version of Venus and I'm baised toward fairies and all things remotely fairy related.

Shinkuma: If any of the ritual spells are not broken where they need to be level matching monsters then he would be pretty nice as a boss monster.

Kaokuma: Been on the wrong end of that thing....its powerful but I guess balance isn't that much of an issue. Oh right tragoedia exist sooo not that happy with it.

Dark Ceremony: The controlled milling of DARK monsters...Yep I don't think I can ever find peace with that. It's just intrinsically bad on paper and this deck already does enough of that.

Revival: It would just be more noble to cut the lies and state that its all about setting up all of the Grandmaster plays...The fact that it triggers the main deck things is...on the excessive side.

Invitation: Another searcher...why? I'm pretty that is why the second effect doesn't get used...the deck has enough searchers already. It's more useful as a simple ritual spell.

Routing: More Grandmaster and main deck monster set-up...why?

Crystal Sealing: It's nice...a tad random to me, but nice.

Enshrouding Lock: Well it just sucks to be an xyz monster because you lose your material so coming back is pretty meaningless. But it is okay other than that.

Fiendish Joker: What an odd floodgate since the vast majority of this Dark Dimension creatures search...maybe its more like vanity's where you play it after all of the shenanigans.

Shirei Khan: Its okay for set up purposes.

Akurei: Just when I thought there wasn't parts of the decks that could be searched... I was wrong now even the traps can be searched.

If you include Preparation of Rites....there are about 10 or more cards that do some form of searching, controlled milling or adding from the graveyard to hand. Just blatantly over consistent. Its almost as if brick hands can't even be a part of the game anymore. Do Nekroz even have that many searchers in their set?

Archived