Dark Nephthys Question

It only states that you send it to the graveyard by it's own effect, then it special summons itself. Doesn't specify where, but for all intensive purposes I assume it special summons itself from the graveyard only.

Could be wrong. The wording is really loose.

Ask some judge about this.

It does get SS if you RFP it

If this card is in your hand and there are 3 or more DARK monsters in your Graveyard, you can remove from play 2 of them to send it to the Graveyard. If this card is sent to the Graveyard by this effect, Special Summon it during your next Standby Phase. When this card is Special Summoned, destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card.

Look at that part. So RPF it + return it to your Deck, you can still SS it. I am not 100% Sure tho.

It only states that Dark Nephthys must be sent to the Graveyard, not that it must be summoned from the Graveyard. It can be removed from play while in the Graveyard. So, if you have "Macro Cosmos" out, Dark Nephthys will not be Special Summoned, since it was never sent to the Graveyard.

No, he won't be special summoned when he leaves the Graveyard. Not even if he is rfg by Sould Release and returned to the graveyard with Burial from a Different Dimension.

I don't know why, but the same counts for other cards as well, like D.D. Survivor.

I am pretty sure that he won't be special summoned.

its effect acivates in the graveyard

Did you read the card?

If this card is in your hand and there are 3 or more DARK monsters in your Graveyard' date=' you can remove from play 2 of them to send it to the Graveyard. [b']If this card is sent to the Graveyard by this effect,[/b] Special Summon it during your next Standby Phase. When this card is Special Summoned, destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card.

It activates when it's sent. Not later, not earlier.

so your saying i can special summon from my deck if i use tranmigstion prophecy on it?

Also

If this card is destroyed by a card effect' date=' Special Summon this card during your next Standby Phase. If you Special Summon this card in this way, destroy all Spell and Trap Cards on the field. [/quote']

Same wording but if its rfp it doesnt work

If this card is in your hand and there are 3 or more DARK monsters in your Graveyard, you can remove from play 2 of them to send it to the Graveyard. [b]If this card is sent to the Graveyard by this effect, Special Summon it during your next Standby Phase.[/b] When this card is Special Summoned, destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card.

No you can, it say "Special Summon it during your next Standby Phase".

Therfore you can Special Summon it from anywhere since it deosn't say "Special Summon it from your Graveyard during your next Standby Phase". So even if it was RFP you can Special Summon it, if it was already sent to the Graveyard by it's effect.

Archived