[Archetype] Evil Hero/Yubel

VampireofDarkness

For the next DP tournament, I wanted to retire the Dark Dimensionals, as to bring something maybe more interesting to the table. Inspired by the latest HERO Structure Deck, I decided to make Evil HEROes work. The result are these. I don't plan on making much more because HEROes already have a ton of support and the Evil HEROes already have their Fusions, but this makes them accessible and gives one heck of a fun time to run with the cards. Due to the connection of the whole Haou plot with Yubel, I also gave some Yubel functions here, so you could tech 1 of each form I suppose.

As always, CnC is appreciated

[Spoiler Evil Hero Scavenger]
zE1dYt9.jpg

If this card is Summoned, you can add 1 "Dark Fusion" from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Evil Hero Scavenger" once per turn. You can substitute this card for any 1 Fusion Material Monster listed on an "Evil Hero" Fusion Monster card, but the other Fusion Material Monster(s) cannot be "Evil Hero Scavenger".
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Evil Hero Arsenogix]
Fpkh9wi.jpg

If this card is Summoned, you can send 1 "Evil Hero" or "Yubel" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. You can only activate this effect of "Evil Hero Arsenogix" once per turn. You can substitute this card for any 1 Fusion Material Monster listed on an "Evil Hero" Fusion Monster card, but the other Fusion Material Monster(s) cannot be "Evil Hero Arsenogix".
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Evil Hero Coalkid]
P3eVHcR.jpg

If this card is sent to the Graveyard or banished as a Fusion Material Monster for a Fusion Summon: You can target 1 "Dark Fusion" or "Dark Calling" in your Graveyard; add it to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Evil Hero Coalkid" once per turn. You can substitute this card for any 1 Fusion Material Monster listed on an "Evil Hero" Fusion Monster card, but the other Fusion Material Monster(s) cannot be "Evil Hero Coalkid".
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Evil Hero Nightwave]
M7rrzKX.jpg

If this card is sent to the Graveyard or banished as a Fusion Material Monster for a Fusion Summon: You can target 1 "Evil Hero" monster in your Graveyard, except "Evil Hero Nightwave"; add it to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Evil Hero Nightwave" once per turn. You can substitute this card for any 1 Fusion Material Monster listed on an "Evil Hero" Fusion Monster card, but the other Fusion Material Monster(s) cannot be "Evil Hero Nightwave".
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Evil Hero The Shocking]
JfUuspn.jpg

If this card is Summoned, you can banish 1 "Hero" Fusion monster from your Graveyard that was Fusion Summoned; return 1 banished Fusion Material or Fusion Material that was used for its Fusion Summon in your Graveyard to your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Evil Hero The Shocking" once per turn. You can substitute this card for any 1 Fusion Material Monster listed on an "Evil Hero" Fusion Monster card, but the other Fusion Material Monster(s) cannot be "Evil Hero The Shocking".
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Evil Hero Zaiichi]
PIytjgf.jpg

If this card is Summoned, you can target 1 "Evil Hero" or "Yubel" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target. If a "Yubel" monster is Special Summoned by this effect, its effects are negated, and is destroyed at the end of the turn. You cannot Special Summon monsters, except "Evil Hero" and "Yubel" monsters, during the turn you activate this effect. You can only activate this effect of "Evil Hero Zaiichi" once per turn. You can substitute this card for any 1 Fusion Material Monster listed on an "Evil Hero" Fusion Monster card, but the other Fusion Material Monster(s) cannot be "Evil Hero Zaiichi".
[/spoiler]

The whole set is fine until you get to the pot of greed also known as The Shocking. The fact that these Heroes have access to every set of hero fusions possible and now make evil hero fusions more prominient his "cost" (because the grave doesn't truly count) barely requires any set-up. Personally I don't think heroes need a draw card. There are a litany of other things they caould do instead.

Art wise I do love to see Duel Masters art being used. I can never figure out how to use them myself.

The whole set is fine until you get to the pot of greed also known as The Shocking. The fact that these Heroes have access to every set of hero fusions possible and now make evil hero fusions more prominient his "cost" (because the grave doesn't truly count) barely requires any set-up. Personally I don't think heroes need a draw card. There are a litany of other things they caould do instead.

Art wise I do love to see Duel Masters art being used. I can never figure out how to use them myself.

Shocking was originally meant to be a way to make up for the fact that the Evil Hero Fusions are usually dead in the Graveyard since you can't bring them back. However, after playing against Marco a few times, I had a match where I drew 3 cards between that and Emeral and had game from there. Maybe make it instead bring back a banished "Evil Hero" or "Yubel" monster?

As for the DM Art, I usually just crop it and from there. It can be some work to pick where to crop it, but with repetition you catch onto it a lot. I almost picked one up for Zaiichi, but currently can't find one that works.

Shocking was originally meant to be a way to make up for the fact that the Evil Hero Fusions are usually dead in the Graveyard since you can't bring them back. However, after playing against Marco a few times, I had a match where I drew 3 cards between that and Emeral and had game from there. Maybe make it instead bring back a banished "Evil Hero" or "Yubel" monster?

As for the DM Art, I usually just crop it and from there. It can be some work to pick where to crop it, but with repetition you catch onto it a lot. I almost picked one up for Zaiichi, but currently can't find one that works.

Problem is I know there are custom Evil Hero fusions on DP because I had to fight them and they don't need extra methods of summoning. If I had to suggest something then I would say that it could return a fusion material that was used from the banished monster to the hand.

Problem is I know there are custom Evil Hero fusions on DP because I had to fight them and they don't need extra methods of summoning. If I had to suggest something then I would say that it could return a fusion material that was used from the banished monster to the hand.

I'll have to look these up then to see if they synergize with the Deck or not. I only run the original ones. The effect you suggest however doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.

EDIT: Change Made

Archived