The 50 millionth Angel-themed Archetype on YCM. [Holy Feathers]

宇佐見 蓮子@C94

Hey, yo, it's me, Toyo. I don't really like making archetypes, but here's something I made for the next DP Tourney thing. Play style? Get a lot of Pluses and make Synchs Really that simple. The Synchs aren't done yet, but the bare bones of the deck is here.

[spoiler=Level 2s]

NyQhmYB.jpg

This card is always treated as a "Holy Feathers" card.
Once per turn, you can move this card in your Monster Zone to the Spell/Trap zone; banish 1 "Holy Feathers" card from your deck. When this card is removed from the field; send that card to the graveyard. Once while this card is on your Spell/Trap zone: you can send 1 "Holy Feathers" card in your Spell/Trap zone to the graveyard; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or higher non-Synchro "Holy Feathers" card from the graveyard that was sent to there this turn as a result of a Cost. You can only activate one "Winged Chronologist, Shoukatsu" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

vlodVmR.jpg

Once per turn, you can move this card in your Monster Card Zone to the Spell/Trap zonet: Gain 1000 LP. Once while this card is on your Spell/Trap zone, you can send 1 "Holy Feathers" monster in your Monster Card Zone to the graveyard; Gain LP equal to the ATK of that card.

Jb6pHc9.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can move it to your Spell/Trap zone; Add 1 Level 4 or lower "Holy Feathers" monster from your deck to your hand. Once while this card is on your Spell/Trap zone: you can discard 1 "Holy Feathers" card; Negate the attack of an opponent's monster.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Level 4 and Beyond]

Nsezm0t.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned and you control no monsters: Mill 1 card and discard 1 card; Activate 1 "Holy Feathers" monster from your deck as a Spell card. Once while this card is Face-up, you can flip 1 "Holy Feathers" card face-down; Add 1 "Holy Feathers" monster from your graveyard to your hand, then banish 1 "Holy Feathers" monster from your deck with the same level as that card. When this effect resolves, send this card to your Spell/Trap zone.

EYPAd0G.jpg

Once per turn, you can send 1 other "Holy Feathers" card to the graveyard; Gain 500 LP and destroy 1 Face-up card on the field. Once while this card is face-up, you can Mill 1 card and banish 1 "Holy Feathers" card from your graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Holy Feathers" monster in your Spell/Trap Zone as a Monster. Its effects are negated.

TbOUu75.jpg

You can send 1 "Holy Feathers" Monster in your Spell/Trap zone to the graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do: send 1 card in either player's Monster Card Zone to the Spell/Trap zone.

cuRK2dL.jpg

You can send 1 "Holy Feathers" Monster in your Spell/Trap zone to the graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do: Special Summon 1 "Holy Feathers" monster from your graveyard. Its effect(s) are negated, and it cannot be used for Xyz or Synchro Summon, except for the summon of a "Holy Feathers" card

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Spells]

xkaPATA.jpg

While this card is face-up: You can activate Level 4 or lower "Holy Feathers" monsters in your hand as Continuous Spell Cards. Once while this card is face-up, you can send 1 "Holy Feathers" card you control and another card with the same name from your deck to the graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Holy Feathers" monster from your deck whose level is equal to those cards' level +2.

wjqjmAw.jpg

Discard 1 card; Special Summon 1 Level 2 or lower "Holy Feathers" monster from your deck, either to your Monster Card Zone or your Spell/Trap Zone. Send that card to the graveyard during the End Phase this card is activated. If you control a face-up "Holy Feathers" card, this card's effect becomes: "Add 1 Level 4 or higher "Holy Feathers" monster from your deck to your hand."

Wish of the Holy Feathers

Spell/Normal

Activate only if you control no monsters: activate 1 of the following effects: (1) Special Summon 1 "Holy Feathers" card in your Spell/Trap zone to your Monster card zone. (2) Banish 1 "Holy Feathers" card in your hand; draw 2 cards.

Aura of the Holy Feathers

Trap/Counter

Activate only if you control a "Holy Feathers" monster in your Spell/Trap zone: Send 1 "Holy Feathers" card you control to the graveyard; Negate the activation of a card effect that would remove a card(s) on the field and destroy it. If this set card is destroyed by an opponent's card: You can activate 1 "Holy Feathers" monster from your deck as a Continous Spell.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Synchs]

XPlPtfj.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Holy Feathers" monsters
You can only Summon 1 "Holy Feathers" Synchro Monster per turn. You can also Synchro Summon this card from your extra deck by sending the Synchro Materials from the Spell/Trap zone. When this card is Synchro Summoned: Draw 1 card. If you control only "Holy Feathers" monsters: This card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects.

u6RGTbx.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Holy Feathers" monsters
You can only Summon 1 "Holy Feathers" Synchro Monster per turn. You can also Synchro Summon this card from your extra deck by sending the Synchro Materials from the Spell/Trap zone. When this card is Synchro Summoned: Add 1 "Holy Feathers" card from your graveyard or banished zone to your hand. When this card's attack hits, you can banish 1 card from your graveyard; Draw 1 card and reveal it.

lFeXisM.jpg

1 Tuner + 2 or more "Holy Feathers" monsters
You can only Summon 1 "Holy Feathers" synchro monster per turn. You can also Synchro Summon this card from your extra deck by sending the Synchro Materials from the Spell/Trap zone as well. When this card is Synchro Summoned: Special Summon 1 "Holy Feathers" card from your deck or hand, and place it in either your Monster Card zone or the Spell/Trap Zone. During either player's turn, you can return 3 Banished "Holy Feathers" cards to your graveyard; This turn all "Holy Feathers" cards you control cannot be removed from the field by an opponent's card.

[/spoiler]

Most OCG Fixes will be swiftly ignored. Thank you~

My understanding (As a older player) that if the cards are always treated as 'Holy Feathers' then you wouldn't be able to have more than three of the cards in your deck. As soon as the monsters are placed in your deck, they are treated as 'Holy Feathers' and the card restriction kicks in. The same applies to Harpie Ladies; you can only have a mixture of three from #1 #2 and number #3 because they're classed as the same name.
I may be wrong, but that is my understanding of the rules unless there has been a change I'm not aware of. 

I think the difference is that the Harpie Ladies has "This card's name is always treated as Harpie Lady" while these have "This card is always a treated as a [Archetype Name] card." So all that happens is that "Holy Feathers" is added to the card's full name, I think. I don't really think there's a TCG equivalent of an archetype like this, but really the main reason I gave them that effect is so I have more leeway with their naming.

Hey so Toyo, at the moment your Synchros are basically just contact fusion cards. Why bother leaving them as synchros?

Also, all your synchros have a plus 1 on summon. And the deck itself just has excessive amounts of toolboxing.

Futher, there are a lot of cards that toolbox from grave or banished. What's the point of banishing things as a cost, if your other cards just toolbox them back.

I think the biggest problem with the archetype is that none of your cards banish every card your opponent controls and then draws you 7 cards.

Hey so Toyo, at the moment your Synchros are basically just contact fusion cards. Why bother leaving them as synchros?Also, all your synchros have a plus 1 on summon. And the deck itself just has excessive amounts of toolboxing.Futher, there are a lot of cards that toolbox from grave or banished. What's the point of banishing things as a cost, if your other cards just toolbox them back.I think the biggest problem with the archetype is that none of your cards banish every card your opponent controls and then draws you 7 cards.

Originally the point was that they're synchros that can use the Tuners in your S/T, but the OCG got really clunky. They're written as such on DP though.

As for toolboxing, well that's kind of the main point of the deck ^^. Lots and lots of setup to get the cards you want on the field and hand so you don't really lose advantage. As for the banished cards, there's only two that can recycle them. Champion and Ether Justice, and Champion is a boss monster. Grave recovery-wise, there's Shoukatsu to help along along with the aforementioned two. I can tone down Ether Justice though.

"You can also Synchro Summon this card from your extra deck by sending 2 "Holy Feathers" cards whose total level is _ or more you control to the graveyard."
Is not the same as using Tuners in your S/T.
The way it's currently written, you don't need a tuner at all, or you could use all non-tuners. Additioanlly, the level 5 and 6 one can be summoned using two level 4s.

The entire point of synchro monsters is to force you to make specific level combinations.

As for toolboxing, well that's kind of the main point of the deck ^^. Lots and lots of setup to get the cards you want on the field and hand so you don't really lose advantage.

I am really not about, eh, particularly thrilled if this was completely unironic as a statement. Doesn't this completely defeat the point of randomization and skill? Why play the game at all if you just get the best cards and the ideal setup every game? Is this really good design?

Well, okay. Go ahead with the playtests. I can forecast that it'll definitely be unfair, but playtesting is sometimes helpful.

Your statement about deck not being strong except the ED monsters doesn't say much about where the deck is actually weak though. Given, you know, that the deck is supposed to be making Extra Deck monsters. :x

Changed some things.

-Removed draw effect on Level 6s because it was just silly.

-HARD OPT on Shoukatsu because it makes loops like what

-Ougenki's summoned monster's effect is negated and cannot be used for anything safe for HF Synchros

May need further nerfing, but Shoukatsu should be fine by now.

Archived