[Cardfight Area] Custom Sleeves, Backgrounds, Card Arts, Character Art, Mats and Effect Symbols

Resident Fascist

I'm not entirely sure if this belongs here, but because of it's relevance to Cardfight Area, I decided to post it here. Before I start, there are a few things I want to explain. Firstly, make a backup of your cardfight.rar file, and any other files you might want to keep (Such as your deck .prfl files and .rep files), just in case in the odd chance you do something wrong and break the client. Secondly, only you will be able to see the changes you make to your image files. This allows you to customize your client to your liking, without anyone else getting disrupted by your edits. What we are going to do is edit and replace several image files so that the program reads the image we want, rather than the defaults. This is a very simple process, but I felt a topic on this would be nice to assist people with customizing their Cardfight Area clients if they choose to.

[spoiler='Large image warning']e5KFJP3.jpg[/spoiler]

First find your Cardfight Area folder and open it. You should be taken to a screen that looks somewhat like this, depending on your operating system:

oUiuHQW.png

This is where all of Cardfight Area's data is stored, including it's image assets. This is helpful if you want to access a specific file, or you forgot the name of a replay, or similar. Some of the folders aren't really relevant to us, such as the Text (both English and Russian) folders, and the settings folder, which contains your account settings. The folder we want to open is "Sprites"

yJxQFpI.png

After you have opened your Sprites folder, you will be taken to a screen with several folders in it. This is where you will put your customized image files, I will tell you the file names to use if you want the program to read it by default at the bottom of the thread. Since most people probably want custom sleeves, we want to be opening the "Sleeves" folder.

YZbGG1C.png

You may notice there are 3 "Sleeve" folders, I will explain that later. After opening the first sleeve folder, we are confronted with this monstrosity of image files.

K6vaFww.png

Yes, these are all of the available sleeves. Now, if you don't have additional sleeves unlocked, you can very easily just cheat and replace them with the ones you want, as long as you are fine with only you being able to see them. CFA gives players several sleeves to choose from, these default sleeves have the file names:

"s0" (The default Vanguard circle sleeves)

"s1" (Phantom Blaster Abyss)

"s6" (Blaster Blade Liberator)

"s12" (Dudley Emperor)

"s24" (Seal Dragon, Blockade Inferno)

"s123" (Aichi as a female Blaster Blade.)

"s124" (Aichi in a skirt.)

"s125" (Aichi as Thermometer Angel.)

"s126" (Aichi as Pacifica.)

"s127" (Aichi as Blazer Idols.)

Replacing any of these image folders with the desired image will have this effect, for me, I replaced mine with the Link Joker Aichi from Season 4. Note that replacing this image file only replaces one image, the image in the top right side of the screen when a card is not being hovered over, in other words, this image.

U2yWUtZ.png

If you want to replace your actual sleeves on the playmat, that is where the next part comes in. Go into the "sleeves_mini" and "sleeves_mini2" folder, resize the image to both 60 x 84 pixels and place it in one of the slots previously mentioned in the first sleeves_mini folder, then resize the image again to 75 x 105 or 75 x 108 pixels (whichever the image you are replacing is.), and place it in the second sleeves_mini2 folder. If you have done it correctly, it should look something like this:

YpPCB5Q.png

Editting your Backgrounds, Mat, Card Arts, and Character arts is very similar, just find the associated file names and replace the images with what you desire. 

To replace the default background in the game, replace the file name "Background1". To replace the menu background, change the image files "BackgroundMenu" and "BackgroundTextInMenu", to replace character art, open the Character folder under Sprites and change any of the files. Next time you select that avatar in the game, that image will be shown instead of the default. To change your playmat, replace the file "Field1" with the playmat you want. Also remotely relevant, you can edit Card Images and thus, arts, in the CardSprite, CardSpriteMini1 and CardSpriteMini2 folders, in a similar manner to card sleeves. You can also replace the locked/counterblast card sprite by changing "FaceDownCard", however do note there is no differentiation between a face down damage and a locked/deleted card. Don't be stupid like me and write "LOCKED" over the sleeve, it looks stupid. You can also replace the Chat window by changing "GameChatSprite"

Hopefully this helps the people who didn't know you could do this. If I missed anything, please tell me.

Archived