[Card Discussion] Repentance

-Noel-

DdPZBmo.jpg

When a monster effect that would destroy a card(s) you control is activated on the field: Negate the activation, then shuffle that monster into the Deck. If this Set card is destroyed by your opponent's card effect and sent to the Graveyard: Gain 1000 Life Points

Edit: Nerf'd

Tbh, I don't understand how this can be underestimated. It's a -almost- strictly better Divine Wrath that doesn't destroy, without the ability to hit things outside the field still, but it's still that potent.

I think I agree with the planned fix. Makes the card's application more niche-y, but retaining its potency. A discard cost would've made it still a strong card, especially for some decks, after all.

Tbh, I don't understand how this can be underestimated. It's a -almost- strictly better Divine Wrath that doesn't destroy, without the ability to hit things outside the field still, but it's still that potent.

Well, aside from on-field only there's another issue of inability to negate and spin ED monsters, tho not every deck can toolboxes without a single effect on field aside from Fusion decks and this is what I just noticed from actual matches, hence why underestimated.

And thx for your suggestion, I might either use my new eff or keep its old usage with a discard cost depending on comments.

I think you should also get rid of this - If this Set card is destroyed by your opponent's card effect and sent to the Graveyard: Gain 1000 Life Points.
Why is this even on the card in the first place?

And you know that its timing is already a lot weaker than Sanctum and the effect doesn't do anything much, right?

Irrelevant stuffs aside, I think the card need edit ASAP, so I'm gonna use my model from now on, if you really want it to hit monsters regardless of what kind of effects they used you better say here and I might think about adding discard cost to the old version instead of the entirely new one

I didn't say anything sarcasm here

OK, I better not let RL issues ruin my mood. Still, I, for one, think Blind MST is nothing but a pure troll move that doesn't need any thought and far more stupid then random LP gain strategy, yet there're so many times that troll MST just unfairly took your precious backrow that's supposed to use with monster, so having more cards like this will discourage such action. Regarding your hate toward LP gain, just so you know, if not for the sake of winning CC tourney back then I'd have make it net you a draw instead of random LP.

OK, Cirrus did give a valid point and since I'm not at normal pace when made that statement, I concede my point, tho I guess keeping a little bonus like that won't hurt.

Blind MST into your backrow is kind of a luck-based maneuver. You can't just remember the good points and forget the bad points, and it's a 1-for-1 trade regardless of the card you hit. Plus, it reduces their consistency in the opening hand and thus their playmaking ability.

I don't understand your blind hate of the blind MST. The LP gain is only not much of an issue -because- it's not a worth a card; I am honestly worried if it was going to draw a card when MST'd because you know that's a free 2-for-1 in your advantage, right? I hope you understand that. I am fine with cards that proc when destroyed if they make sense and are kinda situational (hello Miracle Synchro Fusion) but pre-nerf Repentance wasn't really bad or situational.

Archived