Lazer Team

Shradow

Honestly, the vfx looks horrendous, plot/story seems like it's going to be cliche recycled garbage and the acting/writing is already cringe-worthy. 

That might just be me being overly critical but I hold RT to a high regard and as such I expect them to produce quality, anything less and I'd feel wrong about giving them a free pass just because I like them as individuals. 

Had that just been a random movie teaser without RT in the credits I can genuinely say I wouldn't watch it. 

That being said, I'll still give it a watch, benefit of the doubt and whatnot.  

That might just be me being overly critical

Sounds about right. It's a 1 minute long teaser and you've already put the nails in the coffin, despite saying immediately after that you expexct quality from them. Benefit of the doubt or no, that's quite harsh.

Heck, the YouTube comments seem more positive.

Sounds about right. It's a 1 minute long teaser and you've already put the nails in the coffin, despite saying immediately after that you expexct quality from them. Benefit of the doubt or no, that's quite harsh.

Heck, the YouTube comments seem more positive.

The thing is though I can gather quite a lot from a single minute, the vfx in the trailer will be in the full movie so I definitely can make a full judgement on that.

16a75f48c0d9e78b2dbd203e12a4f92c.png

Whoever made that "spaceship" was severely overpaid, give me 30 minutes and I could find something 30 times better on a fucking stock site. Never mind, it literally took me 3 seconds to find 13,346 results, take your pick, only $7.

Oh and I'd love for someone to explain why exactly there are flares to the left and right, either there are more spaceships outside of the shot or the vfx designer(s) just thought fuck it why not add some super cool flares and shit. Going to go ahead and say it's the latter.

343e31fef7cd085dbf17280f7d4bf573.png

Good to see they've been making good use of those free fx packs on DeviantArt.

Gratuitous vfx can be tolerable, bad vfx isn't. 

And yeah, most people won't even notice or really give much of a fuck about that aspect of a movie, but some people like myself do.

Same story with the acting, from what I saw in the scenes they chose to showcase, most of it was fairly sub-par. I don't see it being possible for them to miraculously get better as the film progress. So again I think I can make a fairly accurate statement with the information I've gathered.

As for the story, I saw a video in which Burnie discussed the plot, either he didn't sell it well enough or it's exactly what I conceptualized, a cliche sci-fi action movie with recycled elements, predictable plot lines and some mediocre humor thrown in. 

And yeah the Youtube comments are quite positive, but is it because they think it's a good movie or is it because RoosterTeeth is making it. 

All in all, that's honestly just my opinion, it's completely unbiased, I actually really want them to succeed with this but with the information I've gathered I just don't think it will be a "good" movie. Not to say it won't be enjoyable, Transformers is very enjoyable, but it's not good cinema. 

Archived