Heaven or Hell [Discussion]

Heaven or Hell

Field Spell card

DARK and LIGHT monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF, also monster with other attributes lose 200 ATK and DEF for every DARK monster you control. Once per turn: You can target 1 banished DARK OR LIGHT monster; Special Summon that target, if you do, you can return 1 banished LIGHT OR DARK monster to its owner Graveyard. You cannot Special Summon any other monster during the turn you activated this card.

Okay, this thing is pretty crazy with the right deck. Most LIGHT and DARK archetypes that even slightly play around with Banishing can take advantage of this, and the 500 boost is crazy good. Holy Feathers I've seen can really get a kick out of the Banish return eff, and I'm pretty sure Agents and stuff can too. Nerf or nah?

This card would be extremely strong even without the combat stat buff part. The drawback about not being able to Special Summon the turn you activate this is basically irrelevant, as (1) it's a Field Spell that does something even without it, (2) you don't need to activate it until a turn in which you don't want to expend resources to make a play, and (3) it's repeatable. This would be fine if you had to send to the Graveyard to activate the Special Summoning effect, as even then it is still quite good. As it is now I could build a deck to abuse this rather easily.

Archived