[Archetype] Akujeru

VampireofDarkness

The Akujeru are a LIGHT Fiend and DARK Fairy archetype that focus around a rather strange Field Spell that trades your backrow for a Diamond-Dude esque dice game that thins your Deck and triggers your cards 1 by 1. Your LIGHTs adjust your dice results in attempt to make sure you gain something out of every roll, while your DARKs work with the top of your Deck to either advance your gamestate or assure you plays for the following turn(s). With it being LIGHT and DARK, cards like Eclipse Wyvern, BLS, DAD, and Mithra are definitely gonna be floating about, and since DP Tournaments are now running with OCG, Chaos Emperor Dragon is also an option. Based on the typing, you can also run the various DP DARK Fairy support, and one would suppose the recent CROS Fiend support is also an option.

[Spoiler Field Spell]
XDgDFH1.jpg
[/spoiler]

[Spoiler LIGHT Fiends]
[Spoiler Screaming Sun of the Akujeru]
QjVE9j3.jpg
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Angelic Animal of the Akujeru]
8JZfxwf.jpg
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Fallen Fiend of the Akujeru]
yD2jjAQ.jpg
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[Spoiler DARK Fairies]
[Spoiler Fated Fortune of the Akujeru]
xqQxOH6.jpg
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Creation Crusader of the Akujeru]
wUykhYH.jpg
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Silent Serene of the Akujeru]
i8PMOPN.jpg
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Xyz]
[Spoiler Ascended Angel of the Akujeru]
oep5ian.jpg
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Demonic Disaster of the Akujeru]
W0pmsfo.jpg
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Spells/Traps]

[Spoiler Aligning of the Akujeru]

XmfQSCZ.jpg

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Now I want to play Duel Portal just to use these. Looks like a fun Archetype. But shouldn't the field spell have the effect of when activated destroy all other spells and traps you control? So that you CAN set the top 5 cards of your deck?

Whoops! Fixed that on DP, should have it fixed on here shortly! Also, through testing, it seems like the Deck lacks in Defense, so I added an interesting arrangement for that, Aligning of the Akujeru, which costs you whatever is at the top of your Deck in trade for a Valkyrus-esque effect while you control all Akujerus.

The fairies don't state what happens to the initial card you excavate. Well Serene does but the other two don't. Also you mispell "Battle" in the Aligning spell.

I was just getting onto that actually, (They return to the Deck) in addition to some much needed fixes on Dimensional Door. Just haven't quite had the time. Anything to say about the archetype and its mechanics overall?

It sounds like the ultimate gamble where you are either completely overpowered or just shot yourself in the foot. I mean essentially you open play terraforming...then the field spell gives you quite literally a second hand. It sounds funny. Of course if you can't activate anything other than the effect of the field spell that means what...no trap cards. Of course there is no defense. And with no defense you would want some kind of speed which is seems like these things don't really have. But that is speculation. At glance it looks like an explode or go home deck.

It sounds like the ultimate gamble where you are either completely overpowered or just shot yourself in the foot. I mean essentially you open play terraforming...then the field spell gives you quite literally a second hand. It sounds funny. Of course if you can't activate anything other than the effect of the field spell that means what...no trap cards. Of course there is no defense. And with no defense you would want some kind of speed which is seems like these things don't really have. But that is speculation. At glance it looks like an explode or go home deck.

From testing, it has that at times. Screaming Sun, Fated Fortune, and recently Aligning are the main engine, and help prevent it from becoming too impractical. It takes a bit of resource management and good Deck building to know what actually works and what doesn't, especially in OCG format where it leaves access to even more tools and staples. It can backfire though, and even though you Deck thin like nuts, you still sometimes struggle painfully if you don't have the right start. Hell, in a duel I had today I had thinned my Deck by 25 cards and still nothing that good, resulting in only dealing 100 points of damage until a few turns later, leaving about 9 cards in Deck by the time I had a big play. That being said, I lasted enough to drain several resources, where bosses such as BLS and DAD then come in to finish everything off. It may help to create a few things to get the process going, and making the Xyz practical will help, (I have yet to summon them once, it's almost always Mithra) but for now you basically run Rank 4 Chaos, but hey, it works I suppose?

Bah, I had such a good field until your BLS and DAD came along ;P (well not that good of a field, considering I didn't have any of the protection equips out)

But yeah, does seem very interesting, and out of everything else I've seen on DP, this is something that makes me want to go out of my way to play it.

Archived