God Bless The King [IC/PG-16/Accepting]

Techi☺

Katrina could hear Luke's footfalls approach from up in the trees, and shared the information with Vanilor, who himself was a bit deeper in the forest than his rider. Even without tin burning, her vampiric senses were heightened. With tin, her senses were compounded, at the cost of increased sensitivity. That was when all hell broke loose. Her sword still in her hand, grip tight, Katrina jumped down from the tree to face the man clad in bear skin. She left Ian the watcher under the watch of Vanilor, trusting that the dragon would have no problem keeping up with whoever this man was. A light flashed behind Luke's back, indicating he was about to attack. Ready for whatever was coming, Katrina's muscles grew tense... until Luke aimed his flame attack at not her, but some unknown target in the distance. The fireball collided with a tree, narrowly missing a tall, slender man as he jumped out of harm's way. So, this was the stalker? He didn't seem dangerous at first glance, but the vampire knew the some hardly ever did. Luke turned his attention back on Katrina and began an onslaught of questions. Katrina didn't necessarily feel obligated to answer any of them, nor did Luke feel obligated to wait for a reply from her, for flames came dancing around the pair in a brazen display of magic.

The same flames rushed toward Vanilor, to Katrina's dismay. The dragon reared on his hind legs, roaring as the heat lapped at his scales causing them to sparkle in the orange glow. Vanilor tore at the earth with his deadly claws, causing the fire to weaken as it was smothered with large mounds of dirt. Distracted as he was by the inferno, Vanilor's attention was effectively removed from Ian.

"I wouldn't struggle if I were you. Those flames are at volcanic temperatures."

Katrina was on the verge of a reply, fangs bared just as much as Luke's, when the man in bear skin collapsed. So too did his flaming assault diminish into nothingness, and she could only guess why. "Perhaps the flames were too hot for you, young poacher." She slowly approached the collapsed young man, weary of any tricks. "Attacking me was foolish, mage. Attacking my dragon? A death sentence. You may have been able to talk your way out of murdering those animals. I may have shown you mercy and a second chance. But now?"

'Are you alright, Vanilor?'

<I am fine little one, though I feel as if I was attacked by a dragon.> The traces of amusement in his mental tone let Katrina know Vanilor would be okay.

Katrina stood over the vulnerable wolfman, fangs bared in a final vicious snarl. Suddenly, vines tore their way from the earth, twisting around the man's arms and legs. "What magic is this?" Katrina wondered, hesitating. She looked up to see the tall man approach cautiously. "I guess we have a common enemy here." He'd spoken. "Now your not going to try and burn my eye brows off, right?" Ian yelled to them.

"I am not the one whose power is fire." She twirled her sword in her hand once, before aiming it's point at Luke. The silver blade pressed against his chest without a drop of gentleness. Vanilor approached from behind Ian, emitting a low growl to let the nature spirit know he was there. Katrina continued, "I know nothing of you or your intentions. We may have a common enemy, but that does not make you a friend." With that, Katrina attempted to plunge Uden through the aggressive poacher's chest.

Rosalina looked around. All seemed peaceful in the portion of the city. Granted, there were probably fragments of buildings lying in the streets and wounded bodies everywhere, but...one thing at a time, you know? Rosalina looked at the man with the ruby leg. "Are you...?"

In the next second, the man turned around. Rosalina noticed a sort of...copy, behind the man she was just speaking to. Only this one appeared different somehow. It's skin tone was slightly darker and the copy's eyes were made of a red tint. Rosalina was just about to warn the man, a knife pointed straight at him. But the lighter-skinned "original" man was quick on his feet, readying to anticipate the copy's moves. Rosalina watched the fight unfold between the two, and it ultimately ended with the original man pinning down the copy on the floor, with a knife pointed at its throat. 

"Are you guys alright? Is anyone hurt?"

When prompted with the question, Rosalina had a confused look on her face, as if she wasn't sure if she was the one she was being spoken to. The man turned around and then applied some pressure to the copy's chest. In the next moment, a red and black rune circled the outline where the original made the pattern. The man carried the copy, which appeared as nothing more than a shady, shadowy figure at this point, as if all of the life had been sucked out of him. "Are you the one who's been terrorizing the city? Tell me, what's going on here?"

"I'll be back in a short while, excuse me..."

Not even bothering to answer her question, the man motioned her way past Rosalina and made off in the other direction, carrying the shadowy shady figure with him, dragging it along the ground. "What a strange fellow. But I should check on the people inside the shop. That is...if there are any left."

Rosalina turned her attention towards the shop, power-walking, almost running towards the entrance. Feeling the subtle changes in mana that were leftover from the tornadoes, she slowly opens the door. The first thing she noticed was the shopkeeper. He was a bit more tan than usual, but it didn't startle Rosalina; she was used to seeing tan people. In fact, Rosalina got a bit more tan when she was training with her Grandmaster one day. But the shopkeeper seemed to be the biggest worry at the moment, as it was apparent that he was fuming, and was, quite frankly, about to lose his crap. Rosalina looked around again and saw the figure she saw before: the little girl that looked like a porcelain doll. She was standing at the front of the store, looking out the window. Her facial expression was one of great disbelief and worry, but also at the same time, it felt as though there was a certain...silence in the girl's expression. Finally, she had noticed the cleric girl in the corner, trying to keep everyone from possibly going insane. And now Rosalina was caught up in this mess...

Rosalina approached the cleric girl. "H-Hello? Is everyone alright here?"

She waited for an answer from her newly found townsfolk. It looked like this girl wouldn't be talking anytime soon, and Rosalina did not want to approach the shopkeeper any time soon. Rosalina could literally see the fumes coming out of his ears; maybe he just had a bad day at work today or something, even before all this crazy wind tornado and portal teleportation magic cruddy whatchamacall it. That only left the little girl who was stalking the window. Rosalina carefully approached over towards the girl. She wasn't exactly sure how to go about this situation; the girl could be scared, frightened, confused, even. Her facial expression was dead-set on the man that was outside just now.

"Hey, hunny," Rosalina tried to be as polite as possible with the little girl. "Are you doing alright?" Rosalina knelt down beside the girl, expecting a response. But it would be shortly cut off, as Rosalina heard a massive roar coming from a direction close to them. It sounded like whoever, or whatever it was, they were in intense pain. Rosalina shook in anxiety as to what she should do next: protect the people inside the shop, or head over to where the screaming came from?

Maia could have hugged the lady walking in the door.

As the newcomer opened the door, Maia noticed the scene outside the shop: a portrait of devastation. It looked like the storefront had been hit by a twister. Or two. Everyone inside the store was fine, of course... but what would someone outside think? Apparently, nothing particularly optimistic. The woman looked around at each person in the shop, increasingly baffled. "H-Hello?" she said eventually. "Is everyone okay?"

"We're fine," said Maia, mastering herself. "Just a little shaken up. The last customer here was... kind of weird."

The woman nodded, curt and efficient. As she went to talk to the mage, Maia looked outside the store again. It really was a trainwreck out there - torn-up pavement, signs blown off their hinges. It was a miracle the windows hadn't shattered. I hope Clunky's got a deep bank account, thought Maia, 'cause he's the one who'll get fined for all this.

She was about to turn her attention back to the indoors when she heard, from the distance, the echo of a strangled, roaring scream. Maia's stomach dropped through the floor. Surely her job as a cleric was to go investigate...? But she also had to keep the shop safe... Glancing back into the shop, she saw the new visitor's gaze torn between the shop and the scream. She's thinking the same thing as I am, huh.

Company emboldened Maia. "Lock down the shop," she said to Fayyad, quietly commanding. "We're gonna check out that scream." Today, she thought, is not a good day to live in Gnorfiend.

Coincidentally, she'd end up thinking the same thing tomorrow.

"You bastard. I told you not to ruin your reputation with those guys... You've been in Gnorfiend for a month and you've done this! I'll be there with the money. You prick, causing trouble for me!"

Kane looks around him, tornado subsided to see the damage he had caused, even though he apologised for the trouble. Everyone had no reaction in the matter other than the devastation in their minds. "Shit, my guardian's gonna get me for this..." Kane thought, but then he looked at Maia and heard a glimpse of her saying that she hoped he had a huge sum of money in his bank. Fortunately not, but it was enough to make a living. All of the sudden though, a being in clad armour, a helmet and a half-visor appeared within Kane's home portal, which had opened from several miles from the outskirts of the shop and awaited the guy with a ruby leg at his house.

"Yeah, I kinda got a bad feeling about this..." Kane reiterated, though it wouldn't be long until his guardian started barking at him. Just as Kane was about to walk from the scene, the man in clad armour appeared in front of him and takes his helmet off, revealing his humanoid face and hair. "Shit, my guardian! He's gonna go apeshit!" he thought to himself, so loud in fact his guardian could hear it. "Useless prick! How the fuck dare you defy my orders? Your reputation is on the fucking line and you just blew it with the mages didn't you? Get the hell back in here and let me deal with this!" the guardian said, opening the portal and sending Kane back to his home world for the time being whilst he clears the problem at hand. He's got the officials back at his home world to talk to, especially his Emperor...

The guardian takes off his armour and reveals his surgically-modified right arm made from iron, since he was wearing a short sleeved shirt underneath because of the weather. The centre of his chest has a core that helps keep himself alive as well, since his heart got ripped out due to a bodily malfunction and because he was wearing shorts too, he shows off his lithium left leg, much stronger and much lighter than Kane's ruby and platinum right leg. Everything else about him is human, even though he may not seem like it.

"Excuse me ladies and gentlemen... What exactly did Kane Underwood do whilst he was in Gnorfiend for a month?" the words came out of Kane's guardian, directing his speech at everyone outside of the shop, trying to collect some information. Yes, Kane has been in Gnorfiend for a month, just like his guardian said. "I hope he didn't do anything that ruined his own reputation and started breaking shit." the guardian said, but then he looks around and saw the damage he caused. "Ugh. I can't believe it. I'm fortunate I have someone with a rank as high as mine lecturing him back at home now! He's gonna get it, oh yes he is... The little shit's gonna get it! I'm gonna beat his ass when I get back!" he continued, just as agitated as the onlookers as he takes out a case full of money, catered for Gnorfiend. "Who's after the money here? I'll pay for all the shit, and I'll clear this up for you. he offered, dropping the case of money next to Maia, assuming she would take the money on behalf of all mages and gets straight to work. He started by noting the shop sign at the front of Fayyad's shop and draws a new design for it, then he grabs a nearby shovel lying around in the next street and digs up the ground near the broken objects in order to pull them out and carefully examines them. "Broken signs as well? Kane, this is how you treat Gnorfiend...? Fuck off will you, mate?" the guardian thought, as he stands the signs upright and uses his lithium leg to kick them at the opposite direction of where it had been dented, causing it to be as good as new though, not exactly perfect. He does so for all the other signs Kane broke for the next hour before dealing with the rubble on the ground, which was also Kane's doing.

The portal opens again and Kane gets thrown back off his home world and lands in front of his guardian, who was cleaning after him. "Well, what did he say?" the guardian said, as he stops cleaning temporarily. "Well, he told me to get the hell back in Gnorfiend and not ruin my reputation again. He also told me not to come back until I have managed to seal off the deal with the King and started fighting with him. In other words, co-operating with mages." Kane replied to his guardian. "Hmph. Too vague, Kane. I wish you could've explained this a little better, you LITTLE SHIT!" his guardian barked, calling upon the dark clouds and powerful voltages of Thunder came striking down at Kane at lightning speed, rendering him slightly unconscious, but was still able to speak. It did however leave a few burns on the ground near Kane, but that's for him to clean up. His guardian apparently had enough of his selfish behaviour. "Hmph, I'm done here, you can clear the rest of the shit up yourself. Don't EVER make me come down here again and apologise for you. You're supposed to be a fucking adult so ACT LIKE IT!" the guardian said, opening the portal to Kane's home world, gives the props that he had examined to Kane and goes home, hoping not to come back again because of him. "Argh, crap... Alright, alright... I'll clean the rest of it up, you didn't have to bark at me..." Kane mumbled, picking up the stuff his guardian had made a note of, got up and carried the work on from there.

"Hmph, don't disappoint me again, Kane. You've done so way too many times."

"WAY before you got to Gnorfiend as well... I wish I could have taught you all about this earlier..."

"Well he won't be going anywhere" Ian thought to his self. It was strange to him how, this mortal had heard them, none the less gone crazy and attacked them. "I am not the one whose power is fire." The strange girl spoke to Ian. Well at least she didn't seem like she was in the mode to kill him. Suddenly Ian realize that her sword was to the boys chest. "Shes not going to kill him is she" Ian thought. He rose a hand behind his back just in case.

Ian watched the girl and she seemed in the mood to kill someone, Ian would of to, considering this boy just tried to kill him. However, Ian knew better, there was to many strange things happing that he needed answers to."I know nothing of you or your intentions. We may have a common enemy, but that does not make you a friend." The girl spoke kind of harshly to Ian. Now he knew she was going to kill the boy and Ian could not have it.

With a wave of his hand behind his back a wall of trees lefted him up into the air with a large cracking that could be heard for miles. It made a wall of trees between Katrina and Luke, knocking the sword out of Katrina's hand. Ian yelled from the top tree, "what are you doing , there are to many questions that need answers and he is useless, tied up like he is. He could not harm a fly."

As a wall of trees rose in front of Katrina, cracking into her sword, her grip was forcibly loosened. She didn't let go of the blade, as she was no ordinary woman, but the fact that she nearly had made Katrina weary. Weary of this strange magic over life, and of it's strange wielder. She watched as another set of hastily made trees pushed the body of Luke the poacher into the air, and the vampire eyed Ian skeptically. For a moment, eyes narrowed, she considered her options.

"I do not know who you are. I do not know who you think you are. You stalk me in these woods, for how long, I do not know. Then you stand in between my prey and I? This is a man guilty of shameless slaughter. His life disturbs the balance of these woods; I would think one as attuned as you would be capable of discerning that. I have fought as an agent of nature for centuries. What question is so important that a man as dangerous as this need be kept alive? He did not hesitate to attack you. He hurt my dragon without pause."

Vanilor huffed indignantly, breaking Katrina's monologue. She knew he was alright; mere flesh wounds. However, she also knew it could have been worse. Rays of sunlight shone through the trees of the forest and shined on Vanilor's scales. Katrina couldn't help but admire him, even at seemingly random times. Where would she be without Vanilor? Lost, perhaps. She tightened her grip on Uden and looked up at Ian once more.

"Deliver me the body, boy. I do not want to hurt anyone today, but I shall do what I must." Vanilor made his way toward Katrina, standing beside her protectively. He would follow her from Nosgoth to Ellesmera, and into any battle. The tip of his tail flicked from left to right, his body tensed in a crouch. He said nothing to Ian, not giving any indication he was anything other than a savage beast incapable of speaking. Katrina wasn't looking for a fight, determined though she was.

Rosalina was shaken up by the sounds of the loud roar that seemed to vibrate the entire infrastructure of the shop. She was in the mindset of "that could be trouble, let's go check it out", but taking on a mission all by herself, considering what she just went through regarding the mysterious time portal traveler and the doll-ish looking girl in the shop, would be a challenge and a half. One of the girls, the cleric girl, turned to the store's shopowner, commanding an order towards him. Perhaps it wasn't the greatest move in history, given the storekeeper's increasingly agitated attitude, but she nevertheless walked out of the store. The little girl would not follow.

Rosalina twirled around on her heels, reaching for the shoulder of the girl and stopping her before leaving the shop. "Excuse me. I'm really sorry but...what was your name? Mine's Rosalina." Rosalina introduced herself quite politely to the young cleric woman. As she was taught, it's rude to not introduce yourself to another person, even if said person was the harbinger of death itself. Rosalina walked out of the door to the shop, looking around to see the devastation that surrounded them. Dear God this place is a mess...

Rosalina and the new cleric girl looked down at the road in front of them, noticing that there was a new player in the midst of all this confusion. A portal had been cast in the middle of the room, with the ruby peg-legged man going into the portal, and a seemingly iron tin soldier-ish type of person coming out of it. Rosalina was nearly scared half to death, gripping the spear in her hands, ready for combat if it was so necessary. She wanted to protect the man earlier from his clone or replica or whatever it was, but Rosalina was "too late to the party", as it were. 

"Useless prick! How the f*ck dare you defy my orders? Your reputation is on the f*cking line and you just blew it with the mages didn't you? Get the hell back in here and let me deal with this!"

Oh my. This person had quite the mouth on them. It was almost...disgusting how much profanity spewed forth from the man's words, as he literally pushed the other man into the portal and closing it behind him. The new person then removed his iron helmet, revealing his face and hair. He actually...wasn't that bad-looking. Rosalina felt blush flowing into her cheeks at seeing the sight of him. He was a looker, that was for sure, and he had that...aura of mystery and "coolness" surrounding him. Maybe the two of them could be really good friends...if he could work on his potty-mouth of course.

He then began to reveal the rest of his armaments, taking off several sections of his body and discarding them to the side. First it was his right arm, and then he showed off his left leg. It looked a lot like the other man's leg, made with a precious metal that Rosalina had never seen in this world before. And Rosalina read books about metallurgy when she was studying under her Grandmaster; she knew of every possible metal that could exist in Gnorfiend. Rosalina was half-scared to death and almost wanted to scream in fear when the man suddenly started dismembering his own body parts in front of the two!

Nevertheless, the new iron-clad soldier walked slowly towards the two. Rosalina's look of fear instantly turned to one of confrontation, as she held up a hand to the cleric girl. "Don't worry. If push comes to shove, I've got your back." Rosalina failed to notice that the iron-clad man with the dismembered body parts was holding some kind of case. Rosalina was both intrigued and scared to find out what it was.

"Excuse me ladies and gentlemen... What exactly did Kane Underwood do whilst he was in Gnorfiend for a month?"

Rosalina was offended. She looked nothing like a boy and she had the parts to prove it. But at least she now knows the identity of the attacker on Gnorfiend: Kane Underwood. It certainly wasn't the most attractive of names. Rosalina opened her mouth to answer, but the man had already continued rambling on. "I hope he didn't do anything that ruined his own reputation and started breaking sh*t. Ugh. I can't believe it. I'm fortunate I have someone with a rank as high as mine lecturing him back at home now! He's gonna get it, oh yes he is... The little sh*t's gonna get it! I'm gonna beat his ass when I get back!"

Rosalina could clearly notice the malice and edge leaving the man's tongue. At least the whole city wasn't destroyed? But what was all this about "back at home" and "ruining his own reputation"? Again, Rosalina opened her mouth to speak, but she was cut off again. "Who's after the money here? I'll pay for all the sh*t, and I'll clear this up for you.

The man then dropped a case right beside the feet of the new cleric girl and took a step back. He examined the outside of the shop thoroughly. "Broken signs as well? Kane, this is how you treat Gnorfiend...? F*ck off will you, mate?"

Rosalina almost wanted to blurt out to the man to stop swearing. Even the raunchiest of sailors didn't swear as often as this man did. It was, quite frankly, unattractive and disrespectful. Rosalina feared that if she hung around this man too long she would start swearing, too. And she's never dropped so much as a "damn" ever in her life. He kicked the sign in the opposite direction of the shop, blatantly not caring for the degradation of the shop sign, as it shattered and broke. ...Actually, it looks good as new. How in the world did he do that?

The man continued repeating this pattern for all the signs that Kane had broken. The cleric girl dropped the case right by the front steps of the store and proceeded toward Rosalina. Now with that distraction out of the way, the two could hurry on to where the screams came from. "It has to be in the southern section of the city, right? I think that's where it came from."

Rosalina nodded to her new partner and the two raced down the road, trying to find the source of the scream and roar...

Luke awoke from his sudden "slumber" as he looked around him, jumped down from the vines keeping him high, and stood up." What...Was...That?" he asks himself aloud as he looks around and throws to a side the skins and revives them with an old rune in his pocket he got during that goblin mission mentioned some time back. He quickly moved around the tall wall as he looked over at Katrina, Vanilor and Ian and asks "What just happened? I remember smelling a dirty vamp and losing it." He then looks over at Katrina, his eyes narrowed and focused "So my nose was right and my inner beast didn't release itself incidentally. You better back of you blood sucke-" he isn't allowed to finish that sentence as his inner werewolf tells him "Leave it be Luke! You better not release another howl.You'll get into trouble with the other mages again! Plus I sense a powerful presence nearly on top of this country" Luke then looks at the magnificent dragon nearby and walks over to it. "So a dragon? Incredible! I've always wanted to meet one." He then investigates the surrounding area and is explained by his inner werewolf what happened. He then says with a smile on his face as if nothing had happened "Hi my names Luke. Please don't tell me your gonna go and try to kill me. That would just be boring especially for a blood sucker like you." He then puts a claw on her pretty little face as he continues his own monologue "So Ian your the only one I haven't talked to. Sorry for hurting your home I let my inner Werewolf take over and he loves destruction as much as I love adventure. I wanted to know, do you by any chance know what the freaking hell is happening? I feel this dark presence nearby but I don't know what or who it is." He grabs his grimoire as he says this as he looks for a special spell and says " Inferitou Ezimatri Akuto!" A sphere of pure mana surrounds Luke as Luke bears his fangs "That's just a safety precaution, Don't worry! I just don't want to lose my blood." He says as he laughs at the cute little vampire's expense.

As Luke jumped from the vines high above and landed with a thump before the foreign duo, Vanilor's deep growl rumbled from his large throat. Katrina and Vanilor watched the lupine man walk around the wall of trees, suddenly without his bear pelts and hide shoes. Had he thrown aside his pelts? Why did he go through the trouble of killing the bears for sport, then throw away his trophies? The vampire exchanged a glance with her dragon, also exchanging a mix of emotions and thoughts that contained disgust and irritation to name a couple. Clutching the Rider's blade in a white-knuckled grip, Katrina fought back the urge to toss her sword aside and pounce in a primal display, ripping his throat from his nec--'Oh my,' Katrina thought to herself. 'It seems there are times I get Vanilor's thought's mixed with my own... Even still, the vampire in me wants to bleed him dry.'

"What just happened? I remember smelling a dirty vamp and losing it." Luke paused, then glared at Katrina through narrowed eyes. "So my nose was right and my inner beast didn't release itself incidentally. You better back of you blood sucke-"

As Luke went into his internal dialogue, Katrina replied. "You can smell my nature? How... astute. Is that all you can decipher, young hunter? Hm. All I can smell of you is singed clothes and... stray dog, is it? Do not think lightly of your crimes, flame wielder. A vampire though I may be, I am not malevolent. You however... I am not so sure."

<Little one, we have seen this human wield fire, but there is more to him than that. You smell dog, but I smell wolf...> Katrina had to acknowledge that even while flaring tin, Vanilor's nose was better at identifying the subtleties between scents. <There is a difference. He speaks of an inner beast, and though I know not of what exactly he might mean, we would do well to exercise care.> That's when Luke approached Vanilor without fear, almost without thought.

"So a dragon? Incredible! I've always wanted to meet one."

Vanilor considered biting off Luke's face. He was so close, it would be easy. But Luke seemed... almost too ignorant to be true. This human was obviously very young. Vanilor could still feel the burns in his hide, resistant as they were to damage in general. The winged beast lowered his head to Luke's eye level, blew a bit of smoke in his face from his nostrils, then let loose with a terrible and angry roar to shake his bones. Undoubtedly, Luke would be rattled and his enhanced hearing would cause the bellow to very possibly cause some pain. Though it wasn't directed at Katrina, even she couldn't deny the discomfort of being so close to a cry that powerful. What would save her from the worst of it was the fact that she wasn't directly in front of his maw.

<Met a dragon, you have.> Vanilor spoke directly into Luke's mind. To Luke, the internal voice would sound great and deep, thunder personified.

"Hi my names Luke. Please don't tell me your gonna go and try to kill me. That would just be boring especially for a blood sucker like you."

"Boring?" Katrina repeated, an eyebrow raised. "Was it boring for you to gallivant about the woods and slay a handful of it's inhabitants for the sake of fashion? I think the bears would disagree with you." Suddenly, Luke summoned the courage to approach Katrina close enough that he could place a hand upon her face. Then, he actually attempted it. Fast as she could manage, Katrina stopped Luke's oncoming hand with the point of her sword. If he pressed on, he'd only bleed for it. Then, it seemed he turned his attention to the tree summoner up above. Leaving himself completely unprotected, as he began his dialogue...

"So Ian your the only one I haven't talked to. Sorry for hurting your home I let my inner Werewolf take over and he loves destruction as much as I love adventure. I wanted to know, do you by any chance know what the freaking hell is happening? I feel this dark presence nearby but I don't know what or who it is."

Before Luke finished speaking, Katrina uttered, "Deloi moi." The very earth under Luke's feet would become like quicksand, almost instantly sucking him into the earth. Being that he was preoccupied with his own speech, it'd likely be a surprise. The earth below his feet would continue to draw him into it's slurping depths without pause until he was engulfed up to his chin. As the spell begun to affect the ground, her own energy fueled it. "Sorry, you were saying?"

The vampire looked surprised by Ian's display and responded, "I do not know who you are. I do not know who you think you are. You stalk me in these woods, for how long, I do not know. Then you stand in between my prey and I? This is a man guilty of shameless slaughter. His life disturbs the balance of these woods; I would think one as attuned as you would be capable of discerning that. I have fought as an agent of nature for centuries. What question is so important that a man as dangerous as this need be kept alive? Ian was pleased to have suprised her, it gave him time to consider his options, he was on the verge of telling her about the stange disterbance that he had been following when he found the dragon, it was a twisted felling and he knew it was somewhere in town. Some how, some one was using mana in a way Ian had never felt before.

"Deliver me the body, boy. I do not want to hurt anyone today, but I shall do what I must." Katrina demanded, Ian considered this looking the sky, and saw the setting sun. Ian could feel a new disturbance, dark and cruel. Ian was on the verge of giving her the sleeping boy, when he woke from his slumber and jumped down from the vines. Not wanting to be seen anymore Ian used the boys awaking as the perfect opportunity to disappear. He jumped from his tree in to another one and quietly moved into one behinded the dragon.

"What just happened? I remember smelling a dirty vamp and losing it." The boy paused and looked at Katrina with narrowed eyes. "So my nose was right and my inner beast didn't release itself incidentally. You better back of you blood sucke-" the boy had stopped mid sentence and Ian realized this was no regular boy, he was a werewolf. Katrina replied to the werewolf "You can smell my nature? How... astute. Is that all you can decipher, young hunter? Hm. All I can smell of you is singed clothes and... stray dog, is it? Do not think lightly of your crimes, flame wielder. A vampire though I may be, I am not malevolent. You however... I am not so sure." Ian was sure the boy had not heard the vampire however, he also figured that the vampire didn't know the boys true nature.

The boy then walked towards the dragon, carefully Ian hid his self better as to avoid being seen, the boy had already attacked him once."So a dragon? Incredible! I've always wanted to meet one."

"What was he doing, he attacked this dragon and now he is going to talk to it." Ian thought to his self. Then he could hear the dragons voice in his head no doubt he only ment to speak to Luke "Met a dragon, you have." Then the boy walked to Katrina. Ian mustered his energy, thinking perhaps I can think to the dragon. "Great dragon be warry, this boy is more then a flame wielder, he is a creature of the night." The boy spoke to the vampire "Hi my names Luke. Please don't tell me your gonna go and try to kill me. That would just be boring especially for a blood sucker like you." Katrina replied to him "Boring? Was it boring for you to gallivant about the woods and slay a handful of it's inhabitants for the sake of fashion? I think the bears would disagree with you." Ian couldn't tell but he didn't think the boy heard her again.

Then out of no where the boy found the courage to put a hand on her face, did he have a death wish? Katrina put her sword to his hand to stop it. Then Luke looked to tree top where Ian had been and said "So Ian your the only one I haven't talked to. Sorry for hurting your home I let my inner Werewolf take over and he loves destruction as much as I love adventure. I wanted to know, do you by any chance know what the freaking hell is happening? I feel this dark presence nearby but I don't know what or who it is."

"How did he know my name" Ian thought to his self ", and how can he feel the disturbance to, is he stronger than I firsrt thought." Out of no where he heard Katrina say "Deloi moi." He knew that soon the boy would be trapped in the earth, then Ian would question the boy. "Sorry, you were saying?" The vampire said in a kind and gentile way. She's going to stall him perfect. Then Ian hid his self deeper in the tree he was hiding in. He couldn't risk being seen.

Maia's brain still wasn't quite working when she got to the battlefield. She'd seen more... strangeness that day than she cared to remember. Nothing she'd ever seen stacked up to the man with the ruby leg and the... unholy abomination with him. In fact, compared to that, the scene she found when she got to the source of the scream was downright normal. Even though it consisted of a boy surrounded by bear pelts getting interrogated by a young lady and a young dragon. And even though a pit of magic quicksand was threatening to destabilize the whole scene very quickly.

"Still not the weirdest thing I've seen today," she muttered to her partner. Maia would be thanking this Rosalina for the rest of her life. Her spear was as an axis of stability in a world coming apart at the scenes. Her words still echoed in Maia's mind: Don't worry. If push comes to shove, I've got your back.

I'll be holding you to that, Maia thought, surveying the scene before her. "We should, uh... probably do something about this." She smirked at Rosalina - not out of satisfaction, more from a mounting sense of gallows humour. "Still got my back? I'm gonna need it."

Watching for the werewolf's reaction, she prepared to descend on the scene if things went sour...

After Rosalina and Maia left the scene, Kane started cleaning up the pieces as his guardian instructs, though several hours later, he finally finishes. "Not exactly perfect, but it's still as good as new. I'd better leave here for now..." he thought to himself, leaving the scene finally. A few miles in and Kane decides to enter his house and calls it a day. "Damn, that was quite the scene, eh?" he said, before changing his clothes and taking his prosthetic leg off before getting himself to bed, not wanting to think anymore of what happened today. "I'm gonna hit the sack. Too tired for this shit." he mutters.

Several minutes after Kane had thought to be sleeping, another strange reading had come to his mind so Kane wakes back up, grabs his crutches and proceeds to see for himself what is going on. A portal was opened again, but Kane wasn't aware of it until he actually saw it from a distance. He puts his prosthetic leg back on and runs to the streets wearing nothing but shorts, but what does he see? A core belonging to his guardian. "This is somewhat suspicious..." he thought, looking at the core carefully, checking for any damages and  when he checks the back of it, wires have been snapped off and the LED turning the core on had been smashed. "I can't look into this today. I'm stressed. I need to get some sleep, man..." Kane said, heading back to his house, taking his guardian's life source with him. As soon as he reaches home, he takes off his leg and straight away, he hits the sack like nothing ever happened. It was still Sunset, but we could do nothing as it was Kane's decision to wreck Gnorfiend's reputation.

Near the forest, Kane's guardian appears somewhat exhausted as he limps to the nearest tree. He barely even remembers what went on, his core went missing and his left leg started to rust. As soon as he took a good look at his chest, he realised what had happened and started to malfunction. "Ugh... I took out way too many here. How long has it been since I left Gnorfiend? Three, four hours ago? Yeah, I must have taken out about 5,000 enemies within that space of time and then the next thing I know, I got thrown back to the place I hoped never to come back to if Kane caused trouble... Wait, where the fuck did my core go?" the guardian said, straining himself as he sits in front of the tree and mourning the loss of his only life source.

*buzz*

At that point, a shock emitted to his body and his chest started catching fire. His eyes started shedding tears, losing colour and not too long afterwards, he falls flat on the ground. Whatever happened to his right arm... It was still morphed into a laser cannon. That was because he was in the middle of his own fight, before the portal opened suddenly and the enemies in question threw him back to Gnorfiend. We would not begin to know why, nor would Kane's guardian would like to explain the situation. Not yet, anyway. 

"Malfunction... Imminent..."

Within those two words, his guardian stopped living and moving completely, just like scrap metal that was ready to be thrown to the skip and left to rot. The guardian also started stuttering whilst he was malfunctioning. It wasn't known whether Rosalina or Maia would notice but it was up to them if they would approach him and give him a hand. However, since they will have gone so far already within several hours of the incident involving Kane and the shop ran by Fayyad, Kane's guardian would not have known where they went. And so, without his life source, Kane's guardian would have no chance of living...

Would Kane wake up in the morning and find his guardian, should he be the source of the suspicion, or would he not even care about it?

• 2 weeks later...

Slowly, Maia drew her mace from her bag. She pondered brandishing it - perhaps it'd be better if she immediately looked like she could fend for herself? - but she decided against it. Her job at the moment was to play peacemaker, to get the aggressors to stand down until the authorities arrived. If she didn't want to escalate the situation, she'd better not go charging in waving a mace around. So she slipped the weapon under her robe - ready to draw if things went sour, but invisible to normal onlookers.

She took one more glance at Rosalina, her stalwart companion. "Well, here goes..."

Then she descended towards the two aggressors. (Three? Did the dragon count?) If anyone else was there, they were hidden far too well for her to see. That makes things a little simpler.

She spread her arms, halfway towards a gesture of surrender; her robes in the wind became a waving white flag. Then, her voice stern, but perhaps a bit too loud, she finally asked aloud the question that had been ringing all day in her head:

"What is going on here?!"

Luke bared his fangs as he analyzed the situation. He utters the words, "Chikyū-en pawā" as green flames destroy the trap Ian had made to trap him. He looks over at Katrina and starts to transform just to jump onto a nearby tree and jumps from tree to tree until he reaches the town, where he sees the destruction created by Kane but decides to walk over to Maia and asks "Hey Maia how are you? It's been a while!" He then creates non-hostile flames around him as to show off his skills a bit. The flames then become large flaming angelic wings and he says "Ikarusuinferuno" his wings then transform into 3 3'' wisps that appear around him. "Hey little buddy!" He looks at one of the wisps and has it land on his hand. He then looks around him.

Watching from his tree, he watched as a woman in a white robe approached. Next to her was another girl. They could be trouble, Ian watched as Maia his a weapon under neath her robe. She walked up towards the group with open arms. Saying, "what's going on here?" Her vocie was stern and Ian thought how crazy this was being. He redirected his attention to Luke.

Luke seemed like he didn't notice the trap, then Ian saw a crazy look in his eyes. Luke muttered "Chikyū-en pawā" setting the grass and near by trees on fire. Luke then began to run in place towards were Maia had come from. Half his legs were in the quick sand and his running in place only would accurate the process. He than looked towards Maia and said "Hey Maia how are you? It's been a while!" Something was wrong with his head, and Ian did not know what the cause was. "Ikarusuinferuno" Luke created more flames however, this time they were wings, then they became light wisp.

Ian realized how bad the flames were, Luke had created a forest fire. Ian's tree was on fire and he was forced out of hidding. He had no power to put the forest fire sadly soon they would be engulfed flames.

Archived