Childish Gambino

Tentacruel

As a rapper, I kinda find him irritating. Very hit-and-miss for me there. His style kinda reminds me of the humour that early Emininem did, but it's far less, well, good. Definitely not a bad rapper, but he's got an incredibly nuanced, noticeable delivery that doesn't resonate with me.

Him as an R&B artist? Yeah, I can dig that. The R&B styled tracks on Because the Internet and the second half (Kauai) of his mixtape STN MTN/Kauai are great. He's a very decent singer, and gets some great producers too.

• 2 weeks later...

Idk I actually like him because I can drive around in the car and like belt out his stuff. Like yeah he's definitely not the best rapper but I really do love him. I really liked camp tbh.

He's definitely problematic because he says some really fucked up shit when it comes down to like sexism and racism, but you know he's still growing as a person so hopefully that will get fixed. 

Also I think the way he views his career is youthfully, he's young and hungry. He makes joke songs and I kinda love that because everyone takes themselves waaay too seriously so it's nice to see something different. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hit-or-miss as all fuck but he can go in from time to time.

He never really lets out anything bad per se.  He's just got hella mediocre stuff and I think he tries to be too different to a point that it kinda works against him.

Royalty and Camp were cool tho.  Arrangement, Unnecessary, and Bonfire are all bangin'.  One-Up is cool too.

Archived