The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan

72399l.jpg

The setting is based on the alternate universe depicted in The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, in which Haruhi Suzumiya never formed the SOS Brigade. The series follows Yuki Nagato, who in this world is not a stoic alien but rather a shy and tentative girl, as she develops feelings for her fellow literature club member, Kyon.

[hr]

I'm taking a plot summary that involves what exactly it is instead of a generic one that doesn't show it's a spin-off to prove a point. This is the first time I've been so annoyed at a spin-off or sequel this early. I knew Asakura was a character in this but I didn't expect her to be that dislikable right off the bat. Feel free to disagree, but as she was originally a yandere, I'm just not gonna change my mind. I already knew this wouldn't be nearly as unique as Haruhi, but at this rate I'm actually not even gonna finish it, but well, discuss.

I haven't seen the first episode yet but

oh god they ruined kyon and nagato's looks so bad. i can't handle it. at least kyon's voiced by sugita.

...right?

The other girls arguably look cuter though. It seems you have a negative reaction to her  but Asakura looks really, really cute this time.

imo, well, yeah she is definitely cuter. It's just that's how I feel and I can see she keeps some traits as soon as she appears. In a perfect world Kyoani would have done this though, but Tsuruya was mildly amusing enough for me to have to crack more of a smile than anything else.

Well, I'm watching this because it's related to Haruhi. However, I never thought the very first Haruhi season was even that great. And the old art style was probably nicer, but Nagato is quite cute this time around.

I agree with Seira though, Asakura is annoying.

Why did this have to be the first of the season to get ep 2 out for me? I mean, logically that means it was the first thing for ep 1, but thankfully I was bad at things this season and that honor went to Kinmoza.

I remember Haruhi just taking action to get more club members and getting it done relatively fast, even if it might not take that long, the way Nagato's character is in this just makes things so boring knowing it's related to Haruhi. The movie is one thing, but eh...

At least the sacred kawaii anime eating was pretty cute. 

I had hoped Haruhi's antics would make me smile, but I only could when it came time for her reaction to what she did. Would have happened with a similar enough reaction from any character probably. Isn't this kinda embarrassing? Kyon did manage that funny line with the coat and ended up allowing for a pretty sweet moment. Slight improvement. 

• 1 month later...

Archived