[Archetype] - Darklords

BatMed

358575AngelFallingintoDarkness.png

ygocardplz.pngRise of the Fallen Ones - Darklordsygocardplz.png

Although having one of the most inconsistent set of cards in the history of Yu-Gi-Oh, Darklords have always had an interesting aspect to them that had some promise. Each of their effects were not half bad at their 2009 release, but time has not been kind to the actual Deck itself. As such, I have branched off of the ideas of the original Darklords to create a new series of cards to support them. Though I have several based off of each idea, the premise of this version is Graveyard shenanigans that result in Superbia and crew forming strings of Extra Deck monsters, the majority being Rank 4 and 8 Xyz. It sounds relatively simple, but it's rather combo based, and takes some effort to understand everything you have and what plays to make, etc. Outside of the Darklords themselves, various Fairy and DARK supports all work in the Deck, notably the recent Dread Angels and DARK Xyz such as Absol, Emissary of Darkness and Reaper Princess - Mithra.

[spoiler=Goal]
Those who are aware of Darklords in the TCG already know the basic Superbia shenanigans, and this Deck is basically those on a much grander scale with some diversity here and there. Eclipse helps with your starting plays, working with Amnael for easy Rank 4s, and Allocen with Amaria assisting your Rank 8 plays. Eventually with all of these you stack up your Superbias and Na'amahs for a grand finish that involves cycling the 2 for major pushes endgame. The optimal end game push is:
Na'amah->Superbia->Beelzrite
With this, you have either a ton of damage, or you have 2 Rank 8s, either of which will give you a ton of advantage.
The main way of getting all these cards in the Grave is either through your Rank 4, your several discards, or your Sacred Key plays. It can become difficult to win with the Superbia combo on its own, but it's not the only win condition. Your Rank 4s and 8s help you push for quick damage, and Antithesis being able to stack on top of Malice helps this even further by giving you monster removal on monster removal, albeit at the cost of some cards. Sometimes you'll just have a good enough hand to where you can go off really early, and others you have to fight for your victory, but regardless, it's all one huge buildup to a massive endgame.

Big thanks to Dread Angel of Darkness

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Matchups']
While this variant of Darklord has several power plays and sometimes can gain a lot of speed, they do suffer from being fairly vulnerable. Oppressive cards like Constellar Pleiades and El Shaddoll Winda can take the Deck down despite having some destruction immunity in the form of Na amah, Malice, and Spiritual. On the upside, you have a lot of ways to remove big boards without pulling too much effort, albeit some discards. The combination of these 2 leads to some rather interesting matchups that although can depend on the hand, are sometimes rather amusing, especially when the opponent has a response. Against the meta:
Vs. Shaddollfact (AI Build): This is actually a very back and forth match. Because the opponent has a lot of monsters for you to get over, but not 3,000 backrow to keep you standstill, it's much more a matter of counting your hand and your plays. Definitely a skilled matchup, like a real Yu Gi Oh game should be

Vs. BA (AI Build): This is one of those matchups where it becomes really one sided. Either you have the answers to breaking double or triple Dante and go for game, or your opponent has all the traps in the world and you lose. Virgil hurts if you decided to go first, as Spiritual is usually your first play.

Vs. Qli (NECH, no Monolith/Stealth): *sigh* I'm just glad the Deck got hit the way it did. Not a friendly matchup whatsoever. 1 Floodgate is usually GG

Vs. Nekroz (Zachariah Butler Build): If you get Djinn Locked, you lose. If you don't get Djinn Locked, the opponent won't have any effective answers to your plays and GG. Decks with less backrow usually stand less of a chance against the Deck in general because being able to hold back plays is essential to clearing the Deck

Big thanks to my bro Dread Angel of Darkness
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Monsters]
darklord_of_dark_eclipse_by_batmed-d8jtt

**Effect:
If you opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). When this card is sent from your Deck to the Graveyard by a Fairy-Type monster card effect: Special Summon it. You can only Special Summon 1 "Darklord of Dark Eclipse" per turn.

darklord_anmael_by_batmed-d8jw9oc.png

**Effect:
When this card is Summoned: You can send 1 “Darklord” monster from your Deck to your Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Darklord Amnael" once per turn. Once per turn, you can discard 1 Level 8 “Darklord”; this card gains 1000 ATK until the end of the turn. Any battle damage your opponent takes for the rest of this turn from attacks involving this card is halved.

amaria__darklord_of_betrayal_by_batmed-d

**Effect:
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by discarding 1 Level 5 or higher "Darklord" monster. You can discard 1 "Darklord" monster, then send 1 "Darklord" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; this card's level becomes the level of that monster until the end of the turn. You can only activate this effect of "Amaria, Darklord of Betrayal" once per turn.

darklord_na_amah_by_batmed-d7mqr3t.png

**Effect:
If you have exactly 4 DARK Fairy-Type monsters in your Graveyard, you can Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. When Summoned this way: You can Special Summon 1 DARK Fairy-type from your hand or Graveyard. Other DARK Fairy-type monsters you control cannot be destroyed by cards effects. You can only control 1 face-up "Darklord Na'amah".

darklord_allocen_by_batmed-d7mqsyn.png

**Effect:
If your opponent controls a monster and you control only 1 or less "Darklord" monster: You can Special Summon this card (from your Graveyard). If you do; Banish it When it leaves the field. You can only Special Summon "Darklord Allocen" once per turn this way. You cannot Special Summon monsters, except DARK Fairy-Type monsters. This card can be treated as 2 Tributes for the Tribute Summon of a DARK Fairy-Type monster. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, you can send 1 "Darklord" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. 

darklord_beelzrite_by_batmed-d87iwif.png

**Effect:
You can discard 1 "Darklord" monster; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. When a “Darklord” monster you control would be destroyed: You can send this card from your hand to your Graveyard instead. When this card leaves the field: You can add 1 Fairy-Type monster from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only use 1 "Darklord Beelzrite" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Spell/Trap]
demise_of_the_fallen_desires_by_batmed-d

**Effect:
Discard 1 "Darklord" monster; draw 2 cards. You cannot Special Summon monsters except DARK Fairy-Type monsters during the turn you activate this card.

demise_of_the_valiant_jewel_by_batmed-d8

**Effect: 
Banish from your Graveyard, the Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on a Fairy-Type Fusion Monster, then Special Summon that monster from your Extra Deck. You cannot Special Summon monsters, except Fairy-Type monsters the turn you activate this card. You can only activate 1 "Demise of the Valiant Jewels" per turn.

demise_of_the_sacred_key_by_batmed-d8k0k

**Effect:
Pay 1000 Life Points. Fusion Summon 1 "Darklord" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or your side of the field as Fusion Materials. You can only activate 1 "Demise of the Sacred Key" per turn.

demise_of_the_archlord_by_batmed-d7mqrcx

**Effect: [Angel Falling into Darkness]
Send 1 Fairy-Type monster you control to the Graveyard. Special Summon 1 Level 7 or higher DARK Fairy-Type monster from your hand or Graveyard. You can only use 1 "Demise of the Archlord" per turn.

demise_of_the_candor_by_batmed-d7wophj.p

**Effect:
Pay 1000 Life Points. Target 1 "Darklord" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target, and make its ATK 0. During the End Phase of the turn it is Summoned: Destroy that monster. You cannot Special Summon monsters except DARK Fairy-Type monsters during the turn you activate this card. You can only activate 1 "Demise of the Candor" per turn.

demise_of_the_sacred_matters_by_batmed-d

**Effect:
Activate only if there is a face-up "Fallen Sanctuary" on the field. When a monster(s) would be Special Summoned, OR when a Spell/Trap Card, or monster effect is activated: You can pay 1000 LP; negate the Summon or activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Extra]
elder_darklord_of_duality_by_batmed-d7tm

**Effect:
3 Fairy-type monsters
While face-up on the field, this card is also LIGHT-Attribute. When this card is Fusion Summoned, target any number of cards in the Graveyards, up to the number of Fairy-type monsters on the field; return those targets to their owner’s Deck. When this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can banish 1 Fairy-type monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon that monster to your side of the field in face-up Attack position.

spiritual_mischief_darklord_by_batmed-d8

**Effect:
2 Level 4 DARK monsters
While this card has Xyz Material, it cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn, you card send 1 DARK Fairy-Type monster from your Deck to your Graveyard. During each of your opponent’s End Phases, detach 1 Xyz Material from this card. During your Standby Phase, if this card has no Xyz Materials; send it to the Graveyard, then you can Special Summon 1 Level 8 DARK Fairy-Type monster from your Graveyard. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase during the turn you activate this effect.

sly_darklord_of_malice_by_batmed-d99x993

**Effect:

2 Level 8 DARK monsters
While this card has Xyz Material, it cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and discard 1 card, target 1 face-up card on the field, banish that target.

[/spoiler]

CnC is appreciated !

I count 20 Main Deck Monsters, 11 Spells/Traps, 7 Extra Deck monsters, and this is not counting the cards that already exist in Konami, whatever they may be.

Technically speaking I myself have an archetype with ~33 cards (16 Main, 13 Extra, 4 S/T)but erm.....this seems quite a bit to swallow.

I'll just...go through your S/T first and see what I can say about them

Desire: Themed Draw card, nothing problematic really.

Valiant: You should, you know, use the word Fusion Summon in a card that does summon a Fusion Monster. Unless that was the plan, but that's just...different.

There may not be a lot of Fairy-Type Fusions, but I think it'd be best to change it though. You could leave it, as it is, so who knows.

Sacred Key: Quick Fusion with a LP cost, nothing too ridiculous I think

Archlord: Circle of the fire kings style card, again nothing too ridiculous

Candor: Quick Play Reborn with restrictions, should be okay

The Field Spell is tame. (compared to mine anyway, maybe that says mine are broken? Eh...)

Sanctuary is awkward, but it's not broken I think

Sacred Hall: So it's a negator with condition and LP cost, sure. I think anyway

Betrayer: Hieratic Seal from the Ashes. Okay

Fallen Prayer eh. In any case, the first effect is probably not meant to be mandatory right? If it is then I have no idea what to say. I think it's not broken anyway

I'll comment on the monsters..some other time I guess

I count 20 Main Deck Monsters, 11 Spells/Traps, 7 Extra Deck monsters, and this is not counting the cards that already exist in Konami, whatever they may be.

Technically speaking I myself have an archetype with ~33 cards (16 Main, 13 Extra, 4 S/T)but erm.....this seems quite a bit to swallow.

I'll just...go through your S/T first and see what I can say about them

Desire: Themed Draw card, nothing problematic really.

Valiant: You should, you know, use the word Fusion Summon in a card that does summon a Fusion Monster. Unless that was the plan, but that's just...different.

There may not be a lot of Fairy-Type Fusions, but I think it'd be best to change it though. You could leave it, as it is, so who knows.

Sacred Key: Quick Fusion with a LP cost, nothing too ridiculous I think

Archlord: Circle of the fire kings style card, again nothing too ridiculous

Candor: Quick Play Reborn with restrictions, should be okay

The Field Spell is tame. (compared to mine anyway, maybe that says mine are broken? Eh...)

Sanctuary is awkward, but it's not broken I think

Sacred Hall: So it's a negator with condition and LP cost, sure. I think anyway

Betrayer: Hieratic Seal from the Ashes. Okay

Fallen Prayer eh. In any case, the first effect is probably not meant to be mandatory right? If it is then I have no idea what to say. I think it's not broken anyway

I'll comment on the monsters..some other time I guess

UPDATED: Now they are only 6 Main Deck monsters, 6 spell/Traps, and 3 Extra Monsters, so yeah guess I'll post the whole archetype in Casual Multiple section ><

- Valiant: As you noticed, my Fusion Fairies do not have "Must First be Fusion Summoned" clause, so my cards are safe XD

the main reason why I make it "Special Summon" instead of Fusion Summoning is "El Shaddoll Construct". I always want to avoid any interacting with these archetypes: Shaddolls, BA, Qli, etc... 

- And no, Fallen Prayer's 1st effect is not mandatory 

Eh?

Well..I guess if you want to move them it's your choice

I guess it's an interesting way of preventing the use of Re Fusion.

I'll comment on the remaining..sometime soon

Eclipse: I commented on it already -_- But yes it's fine. Well INB4 it isn't fine but..well when it happens we'll deal with it. Or maybe not we but whatever

Anmael, Amaria: Not broken at all.

Na Amah is quite a handful if you ask me. I think it should be fine for now..I think

Allocen is okay, but the potential loops are always watching

Beelzrite is fine, but I'd like some clarification on the protection effect (e.g. what if I dark hole 2 monsters)

Duality: So..it's a Mad Chimera. I guess it's fine

Mischief is weird, but it's okay I think

I commented on Malice already -_-. But yes it's fine as well

Eh?

Well..I guess if you want to move them it's your choice

I guess it's an interesting way of preventing the use of Re Fusion.

I'll comment on the remaining..sometime soon

Eclipse: I commented on it already -_- But yes it's fine. Well INB4 it isn't fine but..well when it happens we'll deal with it. Or maybe not we but whatever

Anmael, Amaria: Not broken at all.

Na Amah is quite a handful if you ask me. I think it should be fine for now..I think

Allocen is okay, but the potential loops are always watching

Beelzrite is fine, but I'd like some clarification on the protection effect (e.g. what if I dark hole 2 monsters)

Duality: So..it's a Mad Chimera. I guess it's fine

Mischief is weird, but it's okay I think

I commented on Malice already -_-. But yes it's fine as well

Thank you !!

must check the other thread XD !!

• 5 months later...

Archived