[Singles] Maelstrom Mage

tommers2008

This card is my first entry to Duel Portal. I dont know the current card pool. So im just wondering does this card have a place here is it too strong / weak would it be used? Anyway discuss.

af7NmfR.jpg

Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 monster from your Graveyard and attach it as a Xyz Material to a Xyz monster you control. If this card is destroyed while you control a Xyz monster, you can Special Summon it from the Graveyard during the End Phase.

I'm sure people would just roll over and scream at the last effect.

And yes, from what I can tell, it's above the general power Level and all

Okay for starters, the first effect, just make it a direct attach. In the first place, I think people might balk at the whole idea.

To simplify things, if possible, just remove the second effect. It makes the card too powerful, and even a hard OPT might not be enough, since the card basically has to be castel'd or banished to get it off the field.

Ironic since Majiosheldon can work, but that's a story for another time.

If it's not, slap a hard OPT on both effects (and make them both during your turn probably), plus other restrictions.

You could also try lowering the ATK/DEF but I doubt it would really matter.

Wait , what.
This card is simply underwhelming .
The second effect is literal crap because if it cant be destroyed then why attack it and not the xyz? If anything all this card does is use up a valuable NS for a mediocre effect.

Wait , what.
This card is simply underwhelming .
The second effect is literal crap because if it cant be destroyed then why attack it and not the xyz? If anything all this card does is use up a valuable NS for a mediocre effect.

Okay. Thanks. Sorry for the disappointment.

Archived