Shuriken Sentai Ninninger

Flame Dragon

The plot
"The evil warlord Gengetsu Kibaoni was defeated 444 years ago by the Igasaki Clan to which he swore to destroy humanity, and again later the Kibaoni Army once again rose in the times of Last Ninja (ラストニンジャ Rasuto Ninja?) in which he was sealed by Yoshitaka Igasaki (Last Ninja). Yet again exactly 444 years later in 2015 Kyuemon Izayoi and Raizo Gabi, the Generals of Kibaoni, rise and start building up the empire again and try to revive Gengetsu Kibaoni. In this time, Tsumuji Igasaki, son of Last Ninja gathers the five predicted cousin Ninjas and hands them the Ichibantou swords for fighting the Kibaoni Army."

Of the Sentai I've seen so far this is the weakest. Personally I've found it is focusing HEAVILY on Red which has come at the expense of the other characters. Which really sucks since Pink and White seem like they'd be really interesting and they haven't been given much of a chance yet. Yellow.......yea, he is just kind of there for me. Still, the series is still young and it might turn around. In the mean time, while it might not be as strong as the others I've seen, its still fine and does have good moments.

Tell me your thoughts YCM.

So it is like a mix of Kakuranger and Shinkenger...I already found Interesting that the Opening has a song very reminiscent of 90's Series so it looked promising....we'll see

The premise is kind of a mix of Kaku and Shinken, but it's apparently trying to invoke Carranger in terms of tone (since the person writing the show is apparently a protégé of the guy who wrote Carranger).  Sadly, so far, it doesn't seem to be holding up too well in my opinion.  I'm kinda hoping it improves once BurgerRanger comes in.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived