"le epic hiro faktry is lame may may eksdee"

Toffee.

2010- The whole line is basically a bunch of Turaga, with the badguys being bigger dudes. And Nebula voiced by Luke Skywalker
Sure, this one is lame. I'll give you that, because the hero's themselves aren't anything special. However, Hero Factory gave us A LOT of cool new pieces, mostly in the form of weaponry, if only because Hero Factory encouraged everyone to mix-n-match the heros.
'Course, it's not like none of us ever did it with our Bionicles or anything, but player-made heros being the main theme of Hero Factory was an interesting take on things.
You can skip the heros if you want- I wouldn't, cuz they have cool weapons. Furno has a not-Halo Sword that can double as a set of wings/etc. The badguys, on the other hand, are fucking amazing. Especially ones like Rotor, Meltdown, and Thunder.
Plus, it was nice to see the return of vehicles again, which was always an on-and-off thing with Bionicle.

2011 Pt.1- Everyone is a fire fighter. Badguys are fire-based. "Fire Lord" is the main badguy. More of the same, but the heros weren't really that impressive. 'Cept maybe Evo, who had a knight design, and really stuck out. The badguys were excessive with the asymmetry, and it was cool. They were a little janky to pose because of this, but they were all very unique.

2011 Pt.2- WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE, WE GOT FUN AND GAMES. No, seriously. The heros this time around were all different animals. They look silly at first glance, but look really fuckin' cool up close. I mean, all the heros were animals that could fuck you up. The badguys were beasts/etc that could fuck you up- One of them is a wasp with 4 arms. Rocka XL is fucking amazing <3. Witch Doctor, the main badguy, is really damn cool. etc. Everything in this line is cool as hell. I'd recommend getting some of these, if only because they cranked everything up to 11.

2012- This wave of Hero Factory stuff features coolness in every nook and cranny. Bonus points for being all LET-THE-BODIES-HIT-THE-FLOOR cuz' the whole theme here was a jail break, with the heros having the hunt these bastards down. Not to mention, the badguys weren't of a set size, like they were in the previous lines. I mean, you had Speeda Demon who rode on a motorcycle, XT4 was smaller then the rest but was armed to the teeth, Core Hunter is just a badass in general, etc. This line had a lot of originality going for it because everyone was their own thing, and it made for an impressive set of figures.

2013- This wave is on par with the later of 2011. By this, I mean the heros were similar, but they each had their own identity at the same time. Except Furno, who went above and beyond the call of duty, and just looks really fucking amazing. This line also features Dragon Bolt, which is a really cool set in general. Jet Rocka is also a cool set in this line. The only flaw with this line was the fact that the 'brains' of the badguys were stiff as fuck. But you can easily overlook this.

2014- MECHA WALKERS. While Minifugre-scale Bionicles isn't exactly a new concept, since we've had stuff like this since those spider guys, and then saw it again when they went underwater. However, none of them had their own giant fucking mech to go riding around in. This line's execution is a little on the silly side, however, but in reality they are really quite interesting. Like, for the most part, each mech is it's own thing. And they even had interchangeable weapons and encouraged swapping them around. So it was almost like a weird version of Zoids. The charm of this line rides on the fact that the monsters they were up against, took A LOT of inspiration from movies like Godzilla, Alien, etc, and they were more for the aesthetic appearance. And then later on, we got sets that took place within the damn nest of the monsters themselves, and it really took things in a whole 'nother direction. Personally, I love this line. It's just a lot of coolness.

2010 is forgivable for being a new idea.
So I don't know what you guys are talking about, when you say Hero Factory is "lame".
('Cept for early 2011, but later-2011 corrected this)

Archived