HGVuoH5.jpg

One day, an explosion annihilates 70% of the moon, rendering it in the shape of a crescent forever. A mysterious creature, resembling an octopus, appears before the world leaders, claiming responsibility and warns that within a year he will also destroy Earth, but offers mankind a chance to avoid this fate by making him the new homeroom teacher for class 3-E at Kunugigaoka Junior High School, where he teaches his students not only regular subjects, but also the ways of assassination. In turn, the Japanese goverment has promised a reward of ¥10 billion to whomever among the students succeeds in killing the teacher, named "Korosensei" (a pun on korosenai (unkillable) and sensei (teacher)) by the students.

However, killing Korosensei has proven to be an almost impossible task, as not only does he have several superpowers at his disposal, including the ability to move at a speed of Mach 20, but he is also the best teacher they've ever had.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I. love. this show, since not only is it (for the most part) delightfully funny and comedic in the quest for the students to kill their teacher, mostly due to antics from Korosensei and his complete confidence that no one is capable of killing him, but also touches on some rather serious topics, and knows when to get serious to get its point across.

Art, while probably nothing new, looks good and characters are easily destinguishable, and Korosensei is a absolute joy with the things he's able to do (for example, casually flying to the US to watch baseball or to the North Pole since he needed ice).

Big fan of this anime, since verry rarely do I see any show that manages to get me completely hooked on the verry first episode.

(Apologies for having remade a topic, but thought I mightaswell considering the original thread died out long before this even began airing. If that was the wrong choice to make, then I'm sorry)

Personally only got into it today thanks to recomendations by other people to the anime club at my university.

Almost gone current already on the episodes (had to take a break at episode 10) and thinking about picking up the manga (despite personal bias regarding reading manga online) but almost dont wanna find out if there's any truth in what truly sold me on Korosensei being the strangely fitting voice of Jun Fukuyama.

The entire series is kind of like DBZ, but with skills instead of flashy moves

.... I dont know why, but something in me really likes that comparison, lol

This is a very unconventional manga in the best way possible. The idea's out there, but run with well. The storylines and obstacles the cast faces throughout the series is almost always gripping. It's always fun seeing the different ways the author drums up trying to assassinate Koro-sensei.

This will be one of Shonen Jump's better titles of the past decade.

Archived