[Archetype] Negatives

VampireofDarkness

Negatives are a DARK Spellcaster-Type archetype based around setting up their Graveyard with Spells and using those as costs and going into...... Dark Synchros! For those unfamiliar with the mechanic, Dark Synchros have you subtract the level of the Non Tuners from the Tuner monster being used to form a monster whose level is negative the number of stars on the card. For example a Level 8 Dark Tuner and a Level 4 Non-Tuner would result in a -4 Dark Synchro. With a Spell pool ranging from recovery to making the levels of your monsters negative, the Deck duels in a more timely matter, putting damage through with one or two monsters rather than 3 or 4 for game. As expected, cards like Summoner Monk and the Entermages are legit techs, along with Reasoning/Monster Gate, Spellbooks, and Dark Armed Dragon.

As always, CnC is appreciated!

[Spoiler Monsters]

[Spoiler Negative of the Empty Moon]

O5Ijgkz.png

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Negative Sou;]

WrehuuE.png

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Negative Caster]

dARPB3y.png

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Negative Illuminator]

wAC3D4W.png

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Negative Summoner]

YJZr9Fn.png

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Negative Eliminator]

6S2FRDd.png

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Dark Synchros]

[Spoiler Negative General]

l1X61Zc.png

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Negative Shocker]

zvArCNv.png

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Negative Sorceress]

z7J2zMi.png

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Spells]

[Spoiler Negative Globe]

oapf5SX.png

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Negative Empowerment]

z7I9geC.png

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Negative Collision]

oH3D2YJ.png

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Negative Recover]

ih0yfyK.png

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Negative Door]

TZaZjYm.png

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Negative Renewal]

1kS7RXg.png

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Negative Tower]

9NZPuw9.png

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Negative General doesn't have inverted stars...Sooo don't know how easy it is to summon

Eliminator is missing a word/stat after "Original" I assume its supposed to be ATK.

Collision: What are Arcane monsters?

The only card that looks like a problem is Globe...It went from being Spellbook of the moon to...Painful Choice..., Especially since empowerment is such a good card. 

Negative General doesn't have inverted stars...Sooo don't know how easy it is to summon

Eliminator is missing a word/stat after "Original" I assume its supposed to be ATK.

Collision: What are Arcane monsters?

The only card that looks like a problem is Globe...It went from being Spellbook of the moon to...Painful Choice..., Especially since empowerment is such a good card.

General: It is Level 0, so 4-4

Eliminator: That is correct

Collision: That was the old name of the archetype, I'll fix that in the morning

Globe: I thought the same thing but from testing, it surprisingly isn't as bad as it sounds. I find I actually have to open with it or Moon to be able to be consistent with plays without needing too much recovery. Remember, the Main Deck monsters for the most part take 2 Spells to make plays, so it essentially gives you 1 effect. Also Empowerment is good, but because you banish Spells for costs and you can add them to your hand via Caster, shuffling 1 into the Deck is kinda meh

I enjoy this archetype. It seems pretty interesting but not overtly synergistic.

I think there's a decently sized reliance on getting Globe to start off the game though, since the Spell Card thresholds are pretty tough. I'm also not too sure the mandatory shuffle into deck is necessary on the field spell.

I enjoy this archetype. It seems pretty interesting but not overtly synergistic.

I think there's a decently sized reliance on getting Globe to start off the game though, since the Spell Card thresholds are pretty tough. I'm also not too sure the mandatory shuffle into deck is necessary on the field spell.

Thank you! As for the need for Globe, it definitely is what you want, but there are some options to make without it. Moon can fetch you a Graveyard, and Summoner can fetch you a Non Tuner to go into Witch in the meantime. Your low but effective defensive lineup would also help, Dark Renewal is an amazing card

Anywho, fixes are made:

- Collision and Eliminator have errors fixed

- Decided I agree with Cirrus in that Tower doesn't need to shuffle itself, so that is removed

Played against it, loved playing against it, and look forward to playing against/with it in the future. It seems like there isn't much criticism from me or others, so I'm guessing it's been pretty well ironed out. Consistency might be an issue, but from the looks of it, the deck has enough tech to function without issues. Nice work!

Archived