[MtG] Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards

To start with, my method was to convert level into CMC, then divide Attack and Defense by 300, rounding down (Min. 1 Toughness).

Then I'd attempt to recreate the effect with MtG terminology and mechanics. Then final tweaks, such as mana colour and fine tuning P/T.

First up, Man-Eater Bug, because Morphs really need some traps:

Man-Eater Bug:

Creature - Insect (B)(G)

Man-Eater%20Bug_zpskl8ouzdc.jpg

When Man-Eater Bug is sent to the graveyard while face-down, Destroy target creature.
Morph G (You may cast this face down as a 2/2 creature for 3. Turn it face up any time for its morph cost.)
When Man-Eater Bug is turned face-up, Destroy target creature.
1/2

Decoy Dragon is a personal favourite:
Decoy Dragon:
Creature - Dragon (1)(R)
Decoy%20Dragon_zpsk1goctvi.jpg
All creatures able to block Decoy Dragon do so.
2/1

Then Blue-Eyes, because it's a classic:
Blue-Eyes White Dragon:
Creature - Dragon (6)(W)(W)
Blue-Eyes%20White%20Dragon_zpsxg1awnyu.j
Flying
10/8

And finally Galaxy-Eyes, because yay BEWD variants:
Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon:
Creature - Dragon (6)(W)(W)
Galaxy-Eyes%20Photon%20Dragon_zpsyajlexd
Flying
You may sacrifice 2 creatures to cast Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon as if it had Flash.
10/8

And now we start to deviate from YuGiOh regular. As far as I know, Magic the Gathering doesn't have support for specific named cards, whilst YuGiOh mostly about support. So I had to take some liberties. Chalk it up to artistic licence.

Kisara, Maiden with Blue Eyes:

Planeswalker - Kisara (2)(W)(W)

)Kisara%20Maiden%20with%20Blue%20Eyes_zps

+1: Search your library for a Dragon creature card and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.

-3: Search your library for a Dragon creature card and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
-6: You gain an emblem with "Dragon creatures you control gain Indestructible and Hexproof."
3 Loyalty

Maybe you should make it so the sacrificed creatures have a certain Power, like Galaxy-Eyes' actual effect, and maybe make its effect work similarly to its' counterpart?

Also, I don't think BEWD and GEPD should be that powerful, or cost that much mana, in order to keep them in line with their canon counterparts.

[background=#fbfdfe]"Also, I don't think BEWD and GEPD should be that powerful, or cost that much mana, in order to keep them in line with their canon counterparts."[/background]

[background=#fbfdfe]You mean their canon counterparts as in... the YGO card itself? In which case they're high-level, high-power creatures, completely in line. Otherwise... IDK.[/background]

They were really easy to summon though, these really aren't.

Outside of those requiring three tributes, they're the hardest to normal summon of all monsters, being in the two tribute tier. Sure they might of had support that makes them easier to summon, but dragons in general has that in MtG.

Yes, but both have tons of support now that give them that edge.

So? The card itself is still true to it's Yugioh original. Whether it has the same support as in Yugioh is irrelevant. Which leads neatly onto the next bit:

And now we start to deviate from YuGiOh regular. As far as I know, Magic the Gathering doesn't have support for specific named cards, whilst YuGiOh mostly about support. So I had to take some liberties. Chalk it up to artistic licence.

Kisara, Maiden with Blue Eyes:

Planeswalker - Kisara (3)(W)(W)

)Kisara%20Maiden%20with%20Blue%20Eyes_zps

+1: Search your library for a Dragon creature card and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.

-3: Search your library for a Dragon creature card and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
-6: You gain an emblem with "Dragon creatures you control gain Indestructible and Hexproof."
3 Loyalty

Archived