[EDIT][Ritual Monster + Spell] Earthbound Paladin

Valkyrus

EDIT:
remade this to be Earthbound Immortal support:

c0HDamc.jpg

OzjwWg9.jpg

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Ritual Seal of the Ancients". Cannot be destroyed by battle. During either player's turn, you can tribute this face-up card: Special Summon 1 "Earthbound Immortal" monster from your hand, Deck or Graveyard. You can use the effect of "Paladin of the Ancients" once per turn and only once that turn.

OLD EFFECT:

Actually this is a different approach on 1 of my earlier archetypes. It's more splashable and can be more versatile. Also, it is one of the broadest searchers in the game.

(also made this because the thought of SSing Kristya during the opponent's turn sounds hilarious).

So here it is:

NAkmtBF.jpg

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Ritual of the Ancients". Cannot be destroyed by battle. During either player's turn, you can tribute this face-up card: Special Summon 1 level 7 or higher monster from your hand or Deck. You can use the effect of "Paladin of the Ancients" once per turn and only once that turn.

fcA7QEt.jpg

You can use this card to Ritual Summon "Paladin of the Ancients". You must also tribute monsters from your hand or your side of the field whose combined levels equal 1 or more. While this card is in your Graveyard, you can target this card and 1 other monster in your Graveyard: banish them, then, Ritual Summon 1 "Paladin of the Ancients" from your hand.

The only bad thing i see about this is the fact that summon from deck... During both turns.... That surelly is a +1 and depends in wich deck...
Lets talk about Dragunity, send 1 lvl monster from hands to summon this, tribute and then summon REMDD from deck, start to spamm as hell from there, or even more in Opponent's turn, is a 2800 beatstick... And is quick effect also
The concept is good, but take in mind all those cards

The only bad thing i see about this is the fact that summon from deck... During both turns.... That surelly is a +1 and depends in wich deck...
Lets talk about Dragunity, send 1 lvl monster from hands to summon this, tribute and then summon REMDD from deck, start to spamm as hell from there, or even more in Opponent's turn, is a 2800 beatstick... And is quick effect also
The concept is good, but take in mind all those cards

The ritual summon is a -2 (-1 ritual spell, -1 tribute). You don't plus off of the Ritual monster, it's a +0 effect. That's the reason I think that a -2 is a fair cost for a non-nomi/semi-nomi monster from the Deck.

With REDMD you can SS 1 dragon from hand/grave, and it's still a -1 (unless you're using the banish effect for the spell), in which case you can +1 with redmd, yeah. But REDMD usually generates that sort of advantage. This just makes it more consistent at the cost of a fourth of your deck. And besides, without the DRulers around anymore, I don't think that's a combo to be too afraid of. (besides, because this is a ritual, you dedicate a lot more of your deck space to it (10 cards with manju/ritual monster/ritual spell/prep of rites))

What I think may pose a bigger problem are the floodgate monsters that can be SSed, like Kristya (though that's the only monster off the top of my head that is a floodgate, over level 7 and can be Special Summoned).

In my opinion it is. Just summoning a Krystia from the Deck is something to worry about. Not to mention the other Darklords get their Effects with it (talking about the DP Archetype) and I'm sure there is a LOT of other stuff that can break it. Restrict it to non LIGHT or DARK would work maybe, but I'm unsure about that.

In my opinion this card could cause massive havoc with a large amount of decks, Remember that is card can be special summoned from the grave. This card could summon beat sticks like blue-eyes, earthbound immortals, galaxy eyes, the list is almost endless. Maybe you should limit it to a specific level/attack/attribute/type etc, or make it summon from hand or graveyard, or make this a Nomi Card. Genex ally triforce with this card could be deadly,

In my opinion it is. Just summoning a Krystia from the Deck is something to worry about. Not to mention the other Darklords get their Effects with it (talking about the DP Archetype) and I'm sure there is a LOT of other stuff that can break it. Restrict it to non LIGHT or DARK would work maybe, but I'm unsure about that.

yeah, I completely forgot I should consider what's on DP already as well...

In my opinion this card could cause massive havoc with a large amount of decks, Remember that is card can be special summoned from the grave. This card could summon beat sticks like blue-eyes, earthbound immortals, galaxy eyes, the list is almost endless. Maybe you should limit it to a specific level/attack/attribute/type etc, or make it summon from hand or graveyard, or make this a Nomi Card. Genex ally triforce with this card could be deadly,

Genex Ally Triforce is a synchro though, it can't be summoned with this. Blue-eyes and galaxy-eyes have their own paladin rituals already that do pretty much the same thing and no-one uses them. The earthbound immortals are an interesting idea though. I could make this an exclusive to them.

I guess I'm scrapping this idea for now.

This effect 
You can banish this card from your Graveyard: Activate 1 Field Spell Card directly from your Deck (except Ritual Seal of the Ancients).
is amazing on its own. You should probably need some kind of Earthbound immortal related cost, (like reveal 1 in hand) or this outclasses terraforming by a million.

This effect
- [background=rgb(251,253,254)]You can banish this card from your Graveyard: Activate 1 Field Spell Card directly from your Deck (except Ritual Seal of the Ancients).[/background]
is amazing on its own. You should probably need some kind of Earthbound immortal related cost, (like reveal 1 in hand) or this outclasses terraforming by a million.

Agreed! This would actually support the Chicken Race draw engine which has recently been used in several FTKs, so to me that is a concern that should be addressed. Revealing the Earthbound would be more than enough to hold such back

Actually Chicken Race is the stupid card in this case. But yeah, nothing I can do about that.

I was actually thinking of removing that effect altogether and giving it self protection by banishing 1 ritual from the Graveyard instead.

I like the new changes alot, Earthbound immortals need some good support, Though I do think that ritual of ancients Effect to banish from grave and add a field spellcard is amazing, just add the ability to reveal a earthbound immortal to activate that effect, and it would be perfect. Good Job!  :526094_key:  

Just wondering if I give credit could I add this as an expansion when my Vassal Project is finished?

I like the new changes alot, Earthbound immortals need some good support, Though I do think that ritual of ancients Effect to banish from grave and add a field spellcard is amazing, just add the ability to reveal a earthbound immortal to activate that effect, and it would be perfect. Good Job!  :526094_key:  

Just wondering if I give credit could I add this as an expansion when my Vassal Project is finished?

i agree with this. it would fit better if search for another Field more usefull for the deck~

i agree with this. it would fit better if search for another Field more usefull for the deck~

I think my last change is better because once you activate the field to ritual summon paladin, you will most likely tribute it for an Immortal. But Earthbounds die if you don't have a field, so they arevulnerable to backrow destruction. Therefore, protecting the field is, imo, a better effect than fetching another Field. Mainly because if it was popped, chances are you lost your Immortal as well, so another field spell won't help you much with it.

I think my last change is better because once you activate the field to ritual summon paladin, you will most likely tribute it for an Immortal. But Earthbounds die if you don't have a field, so they arevulnerable to backrow destruction. Therefore, protecting the field is, imo, a better effect than fetching another Field. Mainly because if it was popped, chances are you lost your Immortal as well, so another field spell won't help you much with it.

Well why don't you make a third card, maybe something that search for and protect field cards?

Archived