YCM Awards: April 08; sub - TCG

Hello ladies and gentlemakers!

Due to my Calendar, it tells me that it is the 1st of April, which that means the April YCM Awards is now Open! Welcome to the seventh monthly YCM Awards, the apparently now and hopefully a 10 day long ceremony which is held at the start of each month to honour everything that is "best" or our "favorite". This month, the council has decided we needed a huge change in the awards. And I'm very happy to annouce the second update to the YCM Awards the we love and cherish.

The YCM Awards have had there fair share of history. The Ups and the Downs. To find out about the history of the awards, open this spoiler:

[spoiler=The History of the YCM Awards]

In September last year, the now disgraced Johanderson made a thread in Questions, Comments and Suggestions, suggesting an annual forum awards ceremony. After 82 posts of discussion, the first awards began 10 days later on the 17th. They were to be hosted by Johanderson, but were soon taken over by Deity Mitsu, and were quite a success.

The awards were repeated the next month in October, and were even more popular. A council of 5 members was set up to diplomatically control the awards and make them more organised. The awards were regrettably cancelled in November, and postponed until December. There is now a completely new award format to vote on, with some of the same awards, some new awards added, and some old awards gone. More awards can be suggested by members for voting on by the council, which currently contains five members, listed in the The YCM Awards home thread, which was set up to document the awards from the very beginning, and is currently the home of the awards. The awards now run from the 1st to the 7th of each month, and a different host is voted upon each month by anyone who wishes to have their say. As I did last month, this month, I have received that honour.

The current awards will now be under this new format, hopefully to get more members into our current system. As youve probably read, the YCM Awards is advancing out of General. And I'm pleased to announce that they will be in 4 different forums

Realistic Cards - hosted by DJ Osiris

Yu-Gi-Oh TCG - hosted by Static

General - hosted by Azuh

Showcase - hosted by OldMaster

Even though they are in different areas around YCM. You an still only Nominate/Vote in 1 of the threads posted.

Due to this new change, we need some extra time to count the votes. So the new line up of dates will be shown as presented

April 1st - April 4th: During this time, Nominations will be held

April 5th: Nominations will be CLOSED and they will be counted towards the other YCM Awards threads. No voting or nominations will be accepted!

April 6th - April 9th: Voting will occur

April 10th: The council will count up the votes. Announce the winners

To tell of some other news. 8 New Awards have been placed into the Awards for a wider and better (not to mention sexy) option to the awards. Also... they are now split into 4 different categories! To view these new awards... scroll down.

Now its time to tell you all that there are now prizes to be one for the winner! Each YCM Member who wins a award will now get a Rep from one of the council members. Now theres something to win for!

"So Azuh, due to the new and sexy format... how do I participate?". Well... it is exactly the same as the older formats. Only with a few minor changes. I suggest you read these before going on:

Section 1: Nominating

- For the first 4 days (Tuesday the 1st, Wednesday the 2nd, Thursday the 3rd and Friday the 4th) you can nominate anybody for the different categories (Please note: If you choose to nominate, your nominations automatically account for your vote for the certain category(s) you nominated on, so nominate wisely).

- You cannot nominate yourself for any awards.

- You cannot personally nominate the same member for more than 3 different categories.

- You cannot change your nominations.

- The winners of each section from last months awards are automatically nominated.

- You can nominate someone who is already nominated (This just counts as another vote for that person)

- You do not have to nominate to be allowed to vote.

- You do not have to nominate on every category (If don't nominate on every category, you can vote on the categories you missed/left when the time comes to vote).

Section 2: Nominates Counted

Explained above. It happens on April the 5th, which is a Saturday. During this time. YOU ARE NOT allowed to Nominate or Vote. They will not be counted.

Section 3: Voting

The Voting happens now on April 6th to the 9th (Sunday, Monday and Tuesday), for 3 days.

- You can only vote on the top four nominees from each category (these are outlined by the host, you can only vote of people above the "-----" line).

- You cannot vote for yourself.

- You cannot change your votes.

- You do not have to vote on every category.

- You cannot vote for someone who is not already nominated after the 3rd day of the month.

- You cannot personally vote for the same member for more than 3 different categories (this includes if you nominated them).

- If 24 hours pass without a new vote being cast during the voting stage, the awards will be ended early.

- Voting closes on the 7th of the month, then the winners will be posted.

Section 4: Votes Counted

This will be held on Wednesday the 10th of April.

- If there are any ties, the council will vote for a winner (If a council member is in a tie break situation, they cannot not vote in that particular tie-break).

- A Rep will be given to all members who won an award

If you are confused about anything to do with nominating or voting, PM me and I'll be able to help you.

The YCM Awards - Hall of Fame and Archive

The home of the YCM Awards, it contains most discussion about the awards, past winners, information, and more! You can also suggest categories for next month's awards there, as well as any other suggestions, comments, or questions you have about anything to do with the awards.

The YCM Awards Diplomatic Council

This is the council that diplomatically discusses, votes, and decides upon any important issues that arise for the awards;

Active members

Dj Osiris

Azuh

Static

OldMaster

I would like to thank these members who have been in the council. You have done an excellent job in keeping these awards up and running. (In Order of leaving)

Deity Mitsu - On Leave

Johanderson - Expelled from council

Ulquoirra_Remixed - Removed due to inactivity

NP Sage - Removed due to inactivity

Star (: - Removed due to inactivity

Derek_Whaley - Expelled from council

Azmania2260 - On Leave

Cybernetic Dragon - Expelled from council

Frunk - On Leave

KA Flame - On Leave

Tkill93 - Quit the council

Blacklist

Currently no one is on the Blacklist

I now declare the YCM Awards for April 2008 officially open! Let the voting commence!

This month's host(s): Dj Osiris, Azuh, Static, OldMaster

On with the awards, just a few last minute details:

- Members who's names are underlined won the same award in March, and are automatically nominated for the same awards this month.

- Names are arranged by total votes and seperated by alphabetical ordering.

- If you don't know what a certain award is, reply here and someone will be able to help.

-Some awards have certain rules, they will be marked with an "*", and you can see what they mean at the bottom of the page.

Happy Voting!

THE YU-GI-OH AWARDS

King/Queen of Card Games

Redsceptile (1)

Crab Helmet (1)

Static (2)

King/Queen of Deck Making

Crab Helmet (4)

Gravitize Me Cap'n (1)

King/Queen of TCG

Crab Helmet (2)

b7hamma (1)

Gravitize Me Cap'n (1)

Chaos Pudding (2)

Best Deck

Gravitize Me Cap'n! with "Why doesn't this deck run Divine Wrath" (1)

Crab Helmet with "RED EYES BLACK METAL DRAGON is in this deck". (2)

HORUS with Gigaplant Swarm (1)

The Dark One with "My answer to DAD: The Dark Creator" (1)

Best Card Discussion

Hunter994x with "Should Pot of greed come back" (1)

Azuh with "Card Trooper is sexy" (1)

RedSceptile with "Hey guys I'm a spike." (1)

HORUS with "DAD to be banned annouced by UDE" (2)

The certain rules for the TCG awards are as follows;

- Best Deck: You must post the member's name and the name of their deck (a link would be helpful, but is not required).

- Best Card Discussion: You must post the member's name and the name of their discussion (a link would be helpful, but is not required).

Thanks and good luck!

p.s. Thanks Azuh for having an outline ready for me to steal ;)

People Who have Voted

Static

Azuh

Matt Enloe

Cybernetic Dragon

JesusOfChaos

Haaris

You forgot this Static

Finally the King/Queen of Card Games will be the person who gets most votes in this category

kthnx XD

-----------------------------------------------------

Sorry for double post... but these votes have been added in from icemasteralex

THE YU-GI-OH AWARDS

King/Queen of TCG

Crab Helmet

Best Deck

Crab Helmet with "RED EYES BLACK METAL DRAGON is in this deck".

THE YU-GI-OH AWARDS

Crab Helmet (1)

- Crab Helmet.

King/Queen of TCG

Crab Helmet (0)

b7hamma (1)

- b7hamma.

Best Deck

Gravitize Me Cap'n! with "Why doesn't this deck run Divine Wrath" (0)

Crab Helmet with "RED EYES BLACK METAL DRAGON is in this deck".

- Crab Helmet.

Best Card Discussion

b7hamma (1)

- b7hamma.

King/Queen of Card Games

Static

Crab Helmet

King/Queen of TCG

Chaos Pudding (1)

Best Deck

My answer to DAD: The Dark Creator by The Dark One

Best Card Discussion

HORUS with "DAD to be banned annouced by UDE" (1)

Archived