[Archetype] Soul Guardians/Dragons

VampireofDarkness

Soul Dragons are a Dragon-based archetype focused around Fusion Summoning aggressive Fusions, who are based upon the MTG Dragonlords. The Fusions are somewhat easy to drop, the Guardians themselves being able to drop them via discard a monster of their own archetype or of the attribute they are of if you don't control monsters of that attribute and the Fusions able to be summoned by banishing the materials without even needing a Polymerization. This makes them somewhat splashable, as they would theoretically be Cyber Dragons for their own respective attributes, though of course for a discard. Although the pure version doesn't seem super competitive since there aren't a whole lot of ways to bring back your banished cards, there are some great techs for it ranging from Peropero Cerebus, Emergency Teleport, Treeborn Frog, Farfa Malebranche of the Burning Abyss, and Elemental Hero Blazeman. Not to mention, they have their own searcher already going for them.

CnC is much appreciated, as this is very much a work in progress.

[Spoiler Main Deck Monsters]

[Spoiler Magan, Magma Spirit of the Kazoragan]

uTl9HQo.png

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Reiku, Soldier of the Airesugon]

eNKPTIB.png

(This card's name is always treated as "Soul Guardian of Ojutai")
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by discarding 1 WATER or "Soul Guardian" monster from your hand while you control no WATER monsters. When this Special Summoned card is banished for the Fusion Summon of a "Soul Dragon" Fusion monster, you can excavate the top 3 cards of your Deck; add 1 excavated monster to your hand, then shuffle the rest into the Deck. You can only activate this effect of "Reiku, Soldier of the Airesugon" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Nagariku, Bounder of the Sanshokugon]

bxm7GqL.png

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Sunaizo, Manipulator of the Chikiyugon]

TDNA2gP.png

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Sidisi, Twisted Sorcerer of the Kaokugon]

nCsV1o4.png

(This card's name is always treated as "Soul Guardian of Silumgar")
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by discarding 1 DARK or "Soul Guardian" monster from your hand while you control no DARK monsters. When Summoned this way, you can target 1 monster in your opponent's Graveyard; Special Summon that target to your side of the field, but if you do, only that monster can attack for the rest of this turn, also you cannot Special Summon monsters, except Fusion Monsters. The monster Summoned by this effect becomes Zombie-Type, also its effects are negated. If this card leaves the field, destroy that monster.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Fusion Monsters]

[Spoiler Soul Dragon of the Frozen Winter - Ojutai]

1wmbc7Q.png

1 "Soul Guardian" monster + 1 WATER monster
You can also Fusion Summon this card by banishing the above listed materials. (You do not use "Polymerization") Cannot be targerted by card effects. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points; you can excavate the top 3 cards of your Deck, add 1 of them to your hand, also, after that, shuffle the rest back into your Deck. You can only control 1 "Soul Dragon of the Frozen Winter - Ojutai".

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Soul Dragon of the Blackest Night - Silumgar]

oFa7Wty.png

1 "Soul Guardian" monster + 1 DARK monster
You can also Fusion Summon this card by banishing the above listed materials. (You do not use "Polymerization") When this card is Fusion Summoned, target 1 monster your opponent controls; take control of the targeted monster while you controll this card. When this card attacks an opponent's monster, destroy that monster at the end of the Damage Step.  You can only control 1 "Soul Dragon of the Blackest Night -Silumgar".
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Soul Dragon of the Shattering Earth - Dromaka]
H8T8txU.png
1 "Soul Guardian" monster + 1 EARTH monster
You can also Fusion Summon this card by banishing the above listed materials. (You do not use "Polymerization") Your opponent cannot activate Spell Cards during your turn. When this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate monster effects until the end of the Damage Step. You can only control 1 "Soul Dragon of the Shattering Earth - Dromaka".
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Soul Dragon of the Thundering Current - Kolaghan]
h9QdDse.png
1 "Soul Guardian" monster + 1 WIND monster
You can also Fusion Summon this card by banishing the above listed materials. (You do not use "Polymerization") When a monster you control destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can activate this effect; that monster can make a second attack on an opponent's monster in a row. During either player's turn, when your opponent activates a card or effect of a card with the name same as a card in your opponent's Graveyard; your opponent takes 1000 damage. You can only control 1 "Soul Dragon of the Thunder Current - Kolaghan".
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Soul Dragon of the Erupting Heat - Atarka]
9R9Q2Io.png
1 "Soul Guardian" monster + 1 FIRE monster
You can also Fusion Summon this card by banishing the above listed materials. (You do not use "Polymerization") When this card is Fusion Summoned; change all monsters your opponent controls to Defense Position, then distribute up to 5 Eruption Counterson among monsters yours opponent controls. Monsters with Eruption Counters lose 500 DEF for each Eruption Counter on them. A monster with Eruption Counters that has 0 DEF is destroyed. (These effects apply even if this card leaves the field) When this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing damage to your opponent.  You can only control 1 "Soul Dragon of the Erupting Heat - Atarka".[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Spell Cards]

[Spoiler Guardian Bonding]

OavhOp9.png

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Soul Guardian's Momento]

1wpKPDF.png

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Soul Guardian Adaptation]

zWo69ey.png

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Trap Cards]

[Spoiler Soul Dragon Sweeping]

S6U3oB6.png

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Possessed Guardian]

jQw1i5j.png

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I have a question...
Why you out them other mames of at the end they would be named as another card name? XD
Tho, about the deck by itself
Is a good synergy what i see in other deck builds, im seeing them in a ChaosZone/Keeper build, just spamming all the night long xD
Tho did you take in mind that the spell/trap cards are searcheables by the Flip monster?

I have a question...
Why you out them other mames of at the end they would be named as another card name? XD
Tho, about the deck by itself
Is a good synergy what i see in other deck builds, im seeing them in a ChaosZone/Keeper build, just spamming all the night long xD
Tho did you take in mind that the spell/trap cards are searcheables by the Flip monster?

Yeah, hence why they aren't super amazing. Also, there is no LIGHT synergy in this Deck, and is every elemental attribute, where would you add the Keeper and Chaos Zone?

What's up with the name thing? Its so glaringly weird. Its almost as if it goes against its own flavor.

Lore wise the dragons are all supposed to be guardians of specific tribes (Kaokugon, Kazoragon, the other 3 when I get around to naming and/or completing them) and are represented by their own avatars, hence the naming. Anything to mention about the archetype mechanically itself?

Well, Chaos Zone 1st eff doesnt have specific attribute, so this is a good counter fooder for the field and use them to summon the lvl 4/5 or even banised fusions, same for keeper if i have good memory.

Keeper only summons LIGHTs though, also the only Fusion you would be able to bring back with Chaos Zone is Silumgar and the only Main Deck monster would be Sidisi, and that's kinda eh (Although I will admit it has its uses and that searching Sidisi with the float effect is pretty good)

I would like the set more if there was a generic fusion that helped them get to the grave instead of the odd minuses that they give themselves to hit the field. It looks a lot like a bunch of minuses up front for little to no pay off in the long run. Other than Silumgar which for some reason keeps the monster after his death. Either way they looked balanced as a whole just slightly more to the underpowered side of things. I feel I will be most likely wrong after testing is done.

Typo error In Dromaka's fusion requirements "EaRTH".

In general I feel this is a great way to innovate an archetype. Due to the fact that the archetypes consist of all the elements in Duel Monsters I would shine light to the compatibility this deck has with E-Heros (but not being able to summon the dragon fusions with poly or fusion gate is a little set back.)  

I can also see Ataraka working SOOOO well with red dragon archfiend because of all the DEF changing effects. Swords of concealing light and no entry would help set up that dmg u need :P

All in all it looks like a super fun deck!! Deff trying it out on DP

• 2 weeks later...

Archived