Taboo Witches

Aix

This is an Archetype I created literally 2 years ago (when I used Yugico, yes). I've made some very minor changes to it. Also, I'm too lazy to go on Yugico to change the card images and I've lost the images for the fractals, so I may make edits to the text but not the image. Playstyle wise, it's control/lockdown/grind. Note that it's difficult for stuff to get into the Grave especially when you have the upper hand, so Abyss Aegis will need to -1 while Fate's End can't go off at all.
[hr][spoiler="TBW - EN001 Taboo Witch - Circe"]228753.jpg
When this card is Normal Summoned: Discard 1 card; activate 1 "Taboo" Continuous Spell Card from your Deck. When this card is destroyed: Activate 1 "Taboo" Continuous Spell Card from your Deck. You can only use 1 "Taboo Witch - Morgana" effect per turn, and only once that turn.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="TBW - EN002 Taboo Witch - Morgana"]228757.jpg
If a "Taboo Witch" monster you control attacks or is attacked: You can banish this card from your hand or Graveyard; negate the attack and activate 1 "Taboo" Continuous Spell Card from your Deck. When this card is destroyed: Activate 1 "Taboo" Continuous Spell Card from your Deck. You can only use 1 "Taboo Witch - Morgana" effect per turn, and only once that turn.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="TBW - EN003 Taboo Witch - Sybel"]228760.jpg
During either player's turn: You can shuffle 1 "Taboo" card you control into the Deck; add 1 "Taboo" card from your Deck to your hand. When this card is destroyed: Activate 1 "Taboo" Continuous Spell Card from your Deck. You can only use 1 "Taboo Witch - Sybel" effect per turn, and only once that turn.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="TBW - EN004 Taboo Witch - Artemis"]228762.jpg
If you control 3 or more face-up "Taboo" cards: You can target 1 card on the field; banish it. When this card is destroyed: Activate 1 "Taboo" Continuous Spell Card from your Deck. You can only use 1 "Taboo Witch - Artemis" effect per turn, and only once that turn.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="TBW - EN005 Taboo Witch - Hypolita"]228767.jpg
"Taboo Witch" monsters you control gain 100 ATK for each "Taboo" card you control. If this card destroys a monster by battle: You can activate 1 "Taboo" Continuous Spell Card from your Deck. When this card is destroyed: Activate 1 "Taboo" Continuous Spell Card from your Deck. You can only use 1 "Taboo Witch - Hypolita" effect per turn, and only once that turn.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="TBW - EN006 Taboo Magic - Blood Binding"]228768.jpg
Declare 1 card name; cards with that name cannot be used while this card is face-up on the field, then, banish 1 "Taboo" monster from your Graveyard. Shuffle this card into the Deck after 2 or more of your opponents monsters have been destroyed by you (by battle or by card effect). This card is unaffected by other card effects while you control a face-up "Taboo Witch" monster.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="TBW - EN007 Taboo Magic - Omniscient Eye"]228771.jpg
When this card is activated: You can pay 1000 Life Points; Your opponent reveals all their Set cards and cards in their hand. This card is unaffected by other card effects while you control a face-up "Taboo Witch" monster.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="TBW - EN008 Taboo Magic - Fate's End"]Taboo Magic - Fate's End
[Continuous Spell Card]
During the End Phase: Destroy this card. When this card leaves the field: Target 1 card on the field; banish 1 other "Taboo" card from your Graveyard and destroy that target.
[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="TBW - EN009 Taboo Magic - Abyss Aegis"]229062.jpg
Banish 1 "Taboo Witch" monster in your hand or Graveyard. When a card effect that would remove a "Taboo" card(s) from the field resolves, negate that effect, and if you do, shuffle this card into the Deck. Shuffle this card into the Deck when your opponent's attacking monster is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Taboo Witch Idol]Taboo Witch Idol
[DARK/Rank 4/Spellcaster/Xyz/Effect]
2 Level 4 DARK Spellcaster-Type monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; activate 1 "Taboo" Continuous Spell Card from your Deck. When this card leaves the field: You can send 2 "Taboo" Continuous Spell Cards you control to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Taboo Witch" monster from your hand, Deck or Graveyard.
ATK/ 2400 DEF/ 2300[/spoiler][hr]

OK OK WOW I LOVE THESE. Out of all CC I have seen on this website these take the cake for me. I would so run these. They have a super cute/cool play style and theme that I just down right love. Onto the grading aspect though.

Circe: This card is just the main searcher... 3 gets the deck rollin for sure with all the others taken their diddly time haha. Doubt she'll clog.

Morgana: I like the Kiteroid feel I get from this card... even though this supports it's fellow archetype more than the latter.

Sybel: It's cool you can switch out a spell or even a monster to search... hopefully unclogging your field. Can come in handy for sure.

Artemis: This is your free out to anything that may stand in your way thx to it's banish effect. And if it's requirements aren't meant it's STILL not useless.

Hypolita: This is gonna boost all the monsters by quite a bit and can be quite messy if the opponent doesn't have an answer.

Binding: This card can just stop someone from playing yugioh for a while. Depending of course. But it's also nice to work as a wall from the worst moment cards like... say... mirror force. Of course you won't be using either for a bit it seems haha. Fair and Useful utility I must say.

Eye: Whoa now... bit much eh? Of course the discard will take some outta ya... but still. At least you can try to keep it to where you can play ygo haha. It's the thought of this card that makes me cringe. But it's really good... I just don't know how fair it is. (It doesn't have a shuffle effect... which is... eh... interesting)

Fate's End: By far the weakest spell...  but far from useless. This card can be used in a variety of situations. I think it's good this hits grave.

Abyss: This... this is just trollziez... "You thought you can play now? Nope..." It can help so much... and as long as their isn't a way to spam this on the field while bind is up... it's fine. (Depending on the deck of course) I also noticed that shuffle effect for when your opponent crashes... interesting to say the least.

Idol: Oh wait... that spam thing I was talking about >.> jkjk... while it does just that it... well... it isn't a bad way of using it and it's not like it's the purpose of the deck but can stop your opponent from gaming you for sure. Overall one of my favorite bosses I have seen. (I know how much this contradicts a previous statement and I apologize... I'm not good with words though)

---------------------

It's things like this that make me want to use duel portal so bad >.< But it's too inactive for me.

Eye: Whoa now... bit much eh? Of course the discard will take some outta ya... but still. At least you can try to keep it to where you can play ygo haha. It's the thought of this card that makes me cringe. But it's really good... I just don't know how fair it is. (It doesn't have a shuffle effect... which is... eh... interesting)

This has been changed to only reveal once. The image hasn't been changed because I don't really want to go back on Yugico to change it.

Penalty Drain seems fine if you only do it from the grave mandatory or vice versa for top deck (grave seems more fair). And also if you only do it for the summon only. SS heavy decks might think twice before pulling anything. The shuffle effect is ok on it as well. Might be more of a side card but can jack plays for sure. Take this anyway you wish. You get what I was going for... I'm still not good with words.

Forgot to ask... will we be seeing any more support?

I'll stop commenting after this most likely... I just thought I'd review a card I... uh... 'missed'.

Yeah, I took Penalty Drain out cuz it's unfair, and I don't really think it's needed. As for new support, might add 1 more card eventually if I feel I need to buff it. At the moment, it stands its own against other Duel Portal decks.

Archived