Fire Emblem: Alter [IC/Temporarily Closed] [PG-16] [Co-hosted by Sethera and Lord CowCow]

Yosuke-kun

W5LR0SX.png

Emil Astrel

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOLOSKvkH1Y]Tone Setting music :o[/url]

The snowfall across the lightly frozen grass glistened bright as the sun beat down on it from high on. While it was well into the middle autumn already, the northern regions of Emerys always saw snowfall until the summer days. The effect of this was to create a sparkling field of light that stretched halfway to the Beor River from the Aien Forest and beyond. The tree's of the Aien Forest were similarly decorated with this same snow as the outlaying fields, and gave the land around the small lake in which Emil and his small army had camped a slightly glow as the light reflected off the ice.

It had been only a week since the fall of Arkai and already Gangala's hand had stretched to every corner of Emerys like a plague. Soldiers and supply trains littered the roads daily as men were shifted to and from cities, and supplies were restocked. As if the Gangalan soldiers needed resupplying though. Those who remained in Emerys were brutal war loving men who'd rather steal from the citizens than partake of their supplied rations. It was for this reason that Emil had his troops stay to the forests and cliffs. Anything to avoid the eyes of Gangala. Many of the men and women with Emil were wounded in battle before they found their way to him and few had ye recovered. Including them, they had 150, maybe 160 soldiers, but less than half were ready for war. The most that they'd managed thus far was small guerrilla strikes on weapon carriages. 

For this reason, Emil had lead his men north to the forests outside Flanoir; and for this reason, Emil stared down at the frozen lake waters while wracking his brain for a means to enter the city. Of course he'd expected the Gangalan troops to arrive before he had, but not in such force as this. The city had already been garrisoned by soldiers in crimson armor. They'd even put up a checkpoint to the main entrance.

So much for gathering an army in Flanoir Emil thought, massaging his temples as he did. With this many Gangalan soldiers already within the city, they couldn't hope to recruit without being noticed and starting a battle. Emil's family was still there as well; at least what was left of it. His mother, his sisters, and his younger brothers... they all had to be saved. House Irisviel too would be threatened by the beastly soldiers that had been sent to Emerys. More than just a rescue, House Irisviel had a sizable army at their aid, and House Astrel still had a few men and women who'd be willing to aid them in their endeavor. But drawing the citizens into a prolonged battle, especially one that they could not win would only further the unrest within Flanoir. However...

Emil smiled at his reflection as the start of an idea formed in his head, and he made his way back through the makeshift camp to find his Lieutenant Michael. He'd known that the men were already in low spirits, especially since they'd brought back very little game from the night before, but perhaps if this worked, the men would have something to celebrate. After a short search, he'd managed to find Michael, and approached him quickly before something else called for the Hero's attention.

"I think I have something of a plan. It's risky, but if we pull it off... We may have more men than we started with. Call the men together at the centr of the camp."

A few moments later, the rest of the small group Emil had gathered mostly on his way to Flanoir had gathered before him in the center of the camp. Each of them had a forlorn expression of their faces, and many of them looked as if they'd not slept in weeks. Still, Emil trusted each of them to follow his commands, and to trust in him that he and Michael would be able to pull them through.

"Most of you already know," Emil began as he used the Iron Sword at his hip to draw a small diagram of Flanoir, the road, and the camp in the snow. "But Flanoir has been well garrisoned, and is well protected. The Gangalan invaders outnumber us nearly 10 to one, and many of our best men cannot fight due to injuries. Nevertheless, we still need to get into the city. The garrison has se up a checkpoint here at the main entrance, and here to the west. Circling around to another gate is too risky though, and they're likely checked as well. Even if we were to sneak by, then we'd still be a risk of calling the Gangalan Guard on us. However,"

Emil drew an arrow in the snow leading from the camp to the main road, and another that lead to the main gate. The plan looked risky even in the example, but given their numbers as well as the skill of the Emerysians, and the element of surprise, it was doable, even with the risk. Praying his men had not already dismissed Emil's plan, he drew a smaller arrow from the camp to the west gate.

"We're going to divide divide our group into three forces. One will take the main road and set up a blockade to prevent any Gangalan reinforcements. The second will be comprised of the most men lead by Michael in a diversion attack against the main gate. You'll likely only have about ninety men at the most, with thirty of you blocking the road. The diversion forces job is not to take the city, but to lead the majority of the guard to the main gate. Keep them there as long as you can, but don't forget that you're trying to distract them. If they begin to overwhelm you, retreat into the forest. You'll be able to lose them faster that way."

Emil raised the sword and slid it into it's sheath. Now he looked each of his men in the eye, trying to convey his determination to each of them individually as he did. This plan had to work. His family as well as the Irisviel's were depending on it, along with the rest of Emerys.

"Lastly, the third group will be with me. We'll be the smallest group, and will enter into Flanoir through the west gate. I won't lie, this will likely be more dangerous than the diversion. We need to stay small and move quickly to get the nobles of House Irisviel and whoever might be left of House Astrel out of the city. Should the diversion fail, or should we be recognized, we'll be in trouble. I'll need some volunteers."

Asher Baraan

It had been a long long time since Asher had visited Emerys, and the frigid air against his skin felt almost welcoming to him when compared to the dry arid winds of the Gangalan deserts. In his childhood, he and Rathmar had been here many times on diplomatic peace meetings with his father, and he much proffered the lush fields and snowy tundra's of Emerys to the rocks and crags of Gangala. Of course, Asher thought maybe everyone who'd been to Emerys might feel it preferable to Gangala. Still, this was not the Emerys he'd known from his youth. red armored Gangalan soldiers marched up the roads and harassed the citizens. The beautiful cities and peaceful villages were once so welcoming were now charged and hostile of all Gangalans. Even Asher who'd come of his own volition to aid them.

The village in which Asher found himself in now was one such village, as he noticed several of the village mothers hurrying their children inside and the men all shot him mistrusting looks. Of course it was no only soldiers that the villagers here needed to worry about, as Asher had heard talk of bandits in the area from the last village he'd visited. The group was reported to be in this area too, and Asher admitted that he did look suspicious. 

As Asher approached an inn, a bell halted his entrance. Seemed the bandits he'd been thinking of were nearer than he was expecting. Shame really. Asher was hoping he'd at least get a full belly and a nights rest before being thrown into immediate combat. Not like it could be helped though. Bandits rarely attacked at times of convenience. Still this was a good opportunity to bargain with the villagers. Knocking on the door, Asher could hear shuffling and skittering about from the inside. No surprise actually. This was the same reaction that Gangalan citizens had to bandit attacks as well. Nevertheless.

"Excuse me, I'd like to make a proposal to the innkeeper here." Asher called in looking over towards the small group in the disance making their way to the village and counting what men he could. 

...ten, eleven, twelve... Not as many as I was expecting. Should be easy.

After a few moments of extra shuffling and skittering, he heard the innkeeper call back.

"I-I'm the innkeeper here. Wh-who are you and what do you want?"

Poor guy. He could barely hold his voice together yet was trying to hold himself together likely to keep his family from panicking. Luckily for him, Asher was on his side.

"I'm a mercenary from Gangala here to aid Emerysians from bandits. Was hoping that I could cut a deal with you. I've heard you've been terrorized by these guys for a while. So what say you I drive them off and you give me a soft bed and a warm meal for the night. I'll be on my way in the morning so I won't give you trouble."

After a few moments of thought, the innkeeper agreed, and Asher pulled out a small hatchet on his belt. Of the weapons he had, the hatchet was perhaps the least threatening, but it would get the job done against Barabians like these.

[spoiler=Hints on how to start] I honestly think that what I posted should make it clear, but there's one small force (Asher) and the much larger main force (Emil's group) that you can go to. If you're already a member of the resistance force, then decide whether you're going on the diversion team with Michael or the liberation team with Emil. If you're waiting for recruitment, then well... we'll get to ya, so just get set up alright?[/spoiler]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Riku Tsukiko

"Lastly, the third group will be with me. We'll be the smallest group, and will enter into Flanoir through the west gate. I won't lie; this will likely be more dangerous than the diversion. We need to stay small and move quickly to get the nobles of House Irisviel and whoever might be left of House Astrel out of the city. Should the diversion fail, or should we be recognized, we'll be in trouble. I'll need some volunteers."

Riku watched intently Emil rallied his men. The kid definitely had a lot on his plate, but seemed to be taking it all in stride; a trait that Riku had grown to respect. Taking a moment to glance around at the surrounding army, he couldn’t help but take a moment to reflect on just how fast his life had changed. In only two short weeks he had escaped from his home, befriended young Emil, joined his resistance, and was now standing amongst men from nearly every walk of life possible, all brought together for a single cause.

His gaze then returned to Emil. Though the two hadn’t known each other for very long, Riku had developed a fondness for the kid. He understood that this was more then just an escape to the young lord. That they were fighting to protect his home, and losing wasn’t an option. Unlike Riku, Emil wasn’t just playing hero. He HAD to be one.

“heh, he’s everything my old man wants me to be…” Riku thought to himself, as he begun listening to the nervous chatter of the other soldiers. No one had volunteered to join Emil’s group yet. “I suppose I should be jealous of the kid… but how could I when he’s making life this interesting?”  He scoffed. It didn’t matter if Emerys wasn’t his home. Emil was his friend, and that was a good enough reason for him to be there.

With that, Riku was the first to step forward amongst the soldiers, gliding to Emil's side before leaning on a tree directly behind the boy. "Mind if I tag along, Mr.Hero?" He chimed with his usual smirk. Moving quickly was something he excelled at, and if they were discovered; someone would need to carve a path. 

Krazen Shulnera

Sitting on a chair in the corner of the inn with a book in one hand sat Krazen Shulnera, a shaman on the run from Gangala's emperor. There wasn't really much of him to look at, and he was easy to miss, but it wasn't like he was trying to be found. Occasionally, he covered his left eye with his hand, then shook his head and sighed before removing it; his right eye had only recently changed to that dark purple, making it effectively blind to all but dark magics, and he was still getting used to it. He found it hard to believe it was because of that eye he was probably considered a traitor and a fugitive in Gangala. It wasn't like he was that powerful a caster yet, despite all his years of training, either; just because he could see where magic was concentrated was the only reason the emperor wanted his services.

His train of thought was broken when he heard the bell, having heard of what it meant. It wasn't too much longer after that a man walked into the inn and requested to see the innkeeper, with a proposal at that. It was rather interesting, so Krazen finished his place in his book then closed it just as the terrified innkeeper showed up. The man made his bid, proclaiming himself as a mercenary from Gangala here to help the people of Emerys. He was surprised the innkeeper was so ready to accept his offer, what with Gangala having already taken a major city. Perhaps the word hadn't spread as fast as he thought, though it did seem to present an opportunity for himself; being raised in a mercenary camp himself, he knew how to recognize how to make his next meal.

Making his way to his feet after the innkeeper left and the man pulled out his hatchet, Krazen approached him. A little out of his element, the shaman spoke first. "It seems you and I are of the same kind," he said to the man with a grin. "Both from Gangala, both mercenaries, and both potentially wanting nothing to do with whatever the emperor has planned. Now here you are, wanting to take on an entire bandit tribe by yourself. Reckless, hasty, and stupid." He shook his head and clicked his tongue, then started to pull out what was obviously a tome of dark magic as he looked outside and saw just how many bandits were heading their way. "You are obviously in need of aid. Name your price, and you might actually save both the village and yourself. Those you see out there are most certainly not the only ones on the way, after all." He then stuck out his hand, which certainly seemed to be rather frail, attempting to "seal the deal," as his parents had put it. 

Vica Raben

Outside of the window of the inn, a patrol of Gangalan soldiers walked down the road, weapons at their sides or in their hands as they passed.

Inside, Vica watched with a blank expression on her face. It had been years since she had fled the capital and the life of a noble, but it was still... disconcerting, to say the least, seeing crimson armored soldiers walking the streets of Flanoir. Loyalty to her country did not vanish just because she no longer lived in the capital, after all, and just about all of her work was getting rid of bandits that might threaten Flanoir or other northern villages.

'Not much I can do about it, though.' What could a single fighter do that the army of Emerys could not, after all? She was better off simply continuing her mercenary work. Bandits would not kill themselves, and the Gangalan soldiers were not likely to take up that sort of dirty work themselves.

She sighted more soldiers patrolling past the inn, but her face gave away nothing except for a tightening around the eyes. Her hands, however, drifted to the hilt of her axe before she caught herself.

'Calm,' Vica reminded herself, letting her hand fall to her side. She was a mercenary now. She had no real duty to Emerys...

And yet still it was hard to bear the sight of Gangala's dominance over Emerys.

Irritated with herself, Vica stood, axe in hand. 'Perhaps a trip to the weaponsmith might do me well... Serve as a distraction.'

Michael was standing near the middle of their encampment; slowly and meticulously examining the scene. He had just reprimanded a young soldier for spilling a crate full of rations. His punishment was to run full speed laps around the camp several times. Holding the crate on his head. Perhaps that would teach him the “weight” of his mistake. He gave a wry smile at his own joke, then shook his head to focus once more.

Anyone who could see him would think he was contemplating deeply. Michael knew that wherever he was the other soldiers would look to him for a source of inspiration and he had practiced the art of always looking like he knew what he was doing.
However the truth was Michael was plagued with doubts. They didn’t have many men. They didn’t have many supplies. Their enemy had both of those infinite times more. They did, however, have Emil. The young man was inexperienced and there was a time Michael believed he truly knew nothing. Slowly but surely his lord was proving to be a competent leader in his own right. Not to the level of his father, of course, but still a promising youth.

Michael chuckled darkly. Youth. Michael himself was not all that old. Yet he still was one of the oldest men in the camp. It was a dark time when the younger generation was forced to handle a task that should have been taken care of by their seniors. He supposed it just was all the more reason to work his hardest. Even if the erratic and unnatural fluttering of his heart told him to stop.

He was broken out of these musings by none other than Emil. Who seemed to have worked up some sort of plan. It was a good plan. Though he tried to argue with the boy that Michael and not him should be the one to lead the more dangerous mission. Of course Emil refused and Michael had to only hope whoever volunteered for the job was up to the task.

They gathered the troops and Emil gave a brief, but effective, speech. Michael eyed the dirt drawn map with a small bit of annoyance. One of these days Michael will force the young lord to use those maps Michael had provided him with...

"Mind if I tag along, Mr.Hero?"

Ah, the first volunteer had stepped forward. Michael had an automatic protective feeling with how close the man had come but forced himself to relax. Riku Tsukiko. A foreign soldier. But a competent one. Michael was relieved to hear he was going to be watching Emil’s back. He was young but his skills were quite something. Hopefully his relaxed seeming nature didn’t hinder him. Now, who else.

“Oh! Me, me me me, pick me!” Michael let out a groan. Bounding up to the group of three was one of their newer recruits. He knew her name but only because of how often he’s had to shout it because of some incident or other. Valerie. A young and eager cavalier who joined up with them somewhat recently. She had determination that was for sure but other than that...

“Valerie. If you want to be on this mission would it not be practical to have put on some armor...or at least a shirt?” He said dryly. The girl seemed to have some issue with conventional clothing and often paraded through the camp in the bare minimal.

Valerie looked down at herself and laughed, at least having the decency to look vaguely embarrassed. “Oh yeah, forgot about that. Was so stuffy in that armor and I took it off. I can get it back on in a jiffy don’t you worry. There’s no way I’m letting you keep me from this one...er, sir.” The last part was so tacked on and forced it was almost comical.

Michael thought for a brief moment and then grudgingly nodded. Perhaps her determination would prove useful to Emil. And he at very least knew the girl was a loyal soldier. “Very well, do not make me regret this decision.”

She grinned from ear to ear and let out a whoop of joy before taking a place near Emil and Riku, slapping the latter on the shoulder and saying “Guess you and me are comrades in this one, eh?”

Michael turned his attention back to the main army. There was an obvious lack of enthusiasm among many of the troops and so Michael figured he‘d attempt to remedy that. “This is an important day for us. Already for too long have our enemy controlled out lands with little resistance. We have been forced into hiding, only just scrapping by, but no more. On this day we will show them that the Emerysian army will not lie down and die. On this day we show them, and the world, that we are not to be trifled with!”

His speech was punctuated, for Michael, with a sudden throbbing of the heart. Michael expertly avoided any outward sign of pain. And only those three closest could possibly see if they were paying close attention. He did not need the soldiers to worry. He had to stay the strong and indomitable Hero they need. Even if it kills him.

[hr]

Valerie was overjoyed. She had been worried when she got to the meeting a bit late. Truth be told she had sort of lost her armor temporarily. When she removed it she tossed it to the side without a second thought and continued on. So she had to find it and return it to her tent before coming back here. Why she didn’t put it back on was anyone’s guess.
But Michael, the most well known soldier in their army, had acknowledge her. Sure it was a sort of off-hand, unsure, acknowledgment but it was something. She’d show those Gangrelian dogs what she was made of and everyone would be impressed.

Of course this was only part of why she volunteered. She wanted to help Emil, who had helped her. She would be dead at the side of the road if he and his men hadn’t found her. And she was forever grateful for that. Plus it was pretty cool to have a leader around the same age as her.

And then there was this one.
She clapped her ally on the shoulder and winked at him before loudly proclaiming them as comrades.. She didn’t know much about him other than he used swords and was from a different country but that didn’t matter right now. All that mattered was he was her comrade and they were gonna kick some serious butt.

Riku Tsukiko

“Oh! Me, me me me, pick me!”

Riku’s body tensed slightly as a girl who seemed to be in her late teens hastily approached the group. He recognized her to be one the newer additions to the rebellion but had no idea what her name or combat style was. Not that it mattered, because with any luck he wouldn’t have to be anywhere near her. Watching as she begun talking to Michael, Riku closed his eyes and let out a small sigh of relief. “Oh good, looks like she’s joining the other squad…” 

For a brief moment he was reminded of home, or more specifically is wife Mei. “I wonder if words gotten to her about me joining the rebellion…” He pondered this for a few seconds before releasing another sigh, this one weighed down by nervousness. “Probably not yet. But it’s only matter of time before it does, and she'll definitely send someone after me, or worse sh-“ His thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a voice.

“Guess you and me are comrades in this one, eh?”

“Huh?” was all Riku could manage to blurt out before the Valerie appeared at his side and smacked him on the shoulder. This seemed to send electricity through the man’s body, and in flurry of movement; he ripped himself from the tree he had propped himself on, and dashed to the opposite side of Emil. His face beginning to flush, Riku placed his hand on the other boys shoulder as if to secure the boarder between the two before addressing the female. “Y-yea, comrades…” His tone void of any of its usual charm, Riku shifted his gaze over to Michael to avoid any further eye contact with the new addition to his team.  

“This is an important day for us. Already for too long have our enemy controlled out lands with little resistance. We have been forced into hiding, only just scrapping by, but no more-"

Riku watched his speech intently, this obviously wasn't the man's first time doing this. 

-On this day we will show them that the Emerysian army will not lie down and die. On this day we show them, and the world, that we are not to be trifled with!”

"Hmm?" His eyes narrowed slightly. It was brief, but for a moment he could sense weakness coming from the man almost as if he was in pain. "Someone hiding something?" Riku thought to himself as he continued to observe Michael. Taking a moment to confirm that the speech was over, he took a step towards the man and spoke so that only he could hear. "The Tsukiko train to be the perfect duelists. Being able to sense when even the most stoic and masterful opponents are beginning to waver is what we do best." Riku's tone was uncharacteristically serious, but he retained his trade mark smile. "I'm not going to ask... but just know that I wont forgive you if you end up kick the bucket on us."

It is a beautiful day in Flanoir, the snow is bright and shining, and on the way to the Astrels house, spotless. It looked like no one had taken this trail since summer. This is because the snow had lied fresh new flakes to patch the distorted snow to make it perfect only to be changed by her footsteps. Ashelia made her way over a path that was rarely used to the Astrels house to see if Emil had returned yet.

She had not heard from her old friend since he left to aid in the war, which lead her to constantly worry. To many times since he had gone Ashelia had wished she signed up with him, to keep him healed and protected. Instead she had to stay and continue her worship to the goddess who saved her life. She knew Emil might not come back for a long time, but still, every day she walked to his house to help aid the Astrels.

It’s been a week since the invasion… Ashelia thought to herself looking down at the snow as she walked. Emil won’t return now because of the invasion so he can stay alive… right? She continued to think.

Ashelia continued to walk to the Astrels house, watching her footing on some rocks that were covered in snow. I promised Emil if anything was to happen I’d watch over his family. Her thoughts continued as she finally arrived at the Astrels house. Time to check up on his family. She thought happily and then walked down the hall.

When she arrived at Ms. Astrels room she saw one of the commanders of the Gangalan army talking, more like harassing Emil’s mother. She heard the brute say “I think I want to marry this daughter of yours!” He said taking Emil’s youngest sister’s hand.

L-Leave her alone!” Ashelia said stepping into the room holding her staff in front of her with both hands on her staff, her hands obviously shaking along with her shoulders.  

In the Emerysian encampment...

A young man in red armor stood at the boundaries of the camp. One of the first things he had learned as a knight was to wear his armor at all times. He barely felt the weight anymore. His old mentor had told him "Ever vigilant, ever prepared" and it was true. His habit of sleeping in his armor had saved his life more than a handful of times during the war with Gangala.

The knight closed his eyes and sighed, pushing back straggly brown locks with a mailed hand. They had been on the move since Arkaia's fall, and had not had time to bathe properly. The cold temperature didn't help matters, either. As a result, the camp stank with sweat, grime, and blood. He hadn't even had time to polish his armor as per daily ritual.

As a knight of Emerys, he had a responsibility to be a pillar of support to the army, and the young man had spent most of the past few hours doing just that. Lifting supplies, supporting the wounded, and encouraging the troops had been just a few of the duties he had performed in the service of the people. He had replied to their appreciation with little more than a brisk nod or a quick smile. The war had worn them all down, and had made the man's already serious demeanor even more so.

"Sir Derick!" a young soldier in blue armor (the trademark hue of Emerys) ran up to him, panting slightly. "General Michael is calling for us all to gather in the center of camp."

Although the man had lost his official rank of general after the accident, he was still called as such by many of the men, Derick himself included. The Great Sage had earned the respect of not only Emerys, but even the neighboring countries, with his deeds. After a quiet "Thank you, soldier," the knight strode to the center with the others, despairing at the small numbers.

When everybody had gathered, their leader, Prince Emil, started to speak: "Most of you already know, but Flanoir has been well garrisoned, and is well protected. The Gangalan invaders outnumber us nearly ten to one, and many of our best men cannot fight due to injuries." Derick nodded at this. He had been lucky to avoid anything more than scrapes that could be easily healed with a vulnerary, but many others had been less fortunate. "Nevertheless, we still need to get into the city. The garrison has set up a checkpoint here at the main entrance, and here to the west," the prince gestured with the tip of his Iron Sword as he spoke. "Circling around to another gate is too risky though, and they're likely checked as well. Even if we were to sneak by, then we'd still be at risk of calling the Gangalan Guard on us. However..." and with that, the young prince outlined his plan.

The already-small army would further divide itself into three groups--one working as a blockade (most likely comprised of less-experienced men), another as a diversion with the Great Sage himself, and the last accompanying the prince on a secret expedition into Flanoir (this would require not only stealth, but skill and experience).

Derick had received his knighthood only recently, but he knew his strength, and knew that he would be an asset anywhere. He could join the prince if he so chose, but as a Bull Rider, he worked best in the open flatlands. Maneuvering within a city was within his ability, but was more-suited to foot soldiers. The man shook his head in disbelief when Valerie, a young cavalier recruit, decided to join Emil's group. She was the last person he would have picked for that job, being both loud and a fellow rider. But if General Michael allowed it, then there must be some reasoning for it.

Speaking of the Hero, while the man made his speech, Derick had made up his mind. He would accompany him on the diversion crew. If there was one thing that Bull Riders were good at, it was causing a ruckus. Their bulls were trained to cause chaos. His own steed, Tiberius, was a handful at the best of times, though surprisingly docile when called for.

The brunette approached the white-haired Hero, saluting stiffly, "Sir, I would be honored to join in the diversion attempt," he announced, then blinked. Apparently he had come in at an awkward moment. There was a strange air between the general and one of the men choosing to accompany Emil--the first to volunteer, if he recalled. A fellow brunette, though far more delicate-looking, odd-eyed and bearing the curved sword typical of Xiang Siu. He was smiling, though, so it couldn't have been anything bad.

Assured of his conclusion, the knight nodded at the man in greeting before addressing both. "My apologies for interrupting, sirs. I merely came to volunteer my axe to this venture."

Emil Astrel

A few of the men shuffled after Emil had given them the options for the plan. They all seemed uncertain of it, and admittedly Emil knew they should, but to some of them Flanoir was their home as well. This was a risky move for them to make even if they did have a full standing force, and he would not normally ask any of them do to something with such a great risk, but they had little choice if they wanted to amass any force large enough to oppose Gangala. Even so, Emil felt he may have been making this a more personal endeavor than he should. It was no secret to the men that Emil's family (even if some of them did not call him such) lived in the center of Flanoir, and that he'd been very close friends with the heir to the Irisviel's, But it was still true also that the Irisviel's had a reserve of men at their command. Men that could offer much needed relief to the soldiers following Emil.

A moment later, and the nimble man that had joined with Emil after Arkai, Riku had placed himself at Emil's side and offered his assistance in Emil's assault. This came as no surprise to Emil, and in truth he welcomed the young Xiangese man's sword at his side. He hadn't known him for very long, but already Emil had begun to like Riku. The free and laid back nature of the Myrmidon was a welcomed moral booster for the otherwise dreary and hopeless troops. Attitude aside, Riku was an accomplished warrior in Xiangese style of swordplay. In the short time that Riku was with them though, he'd already become a trusted friend to Emil, and there were few people Emil would rather have at his back in a mission such as this.

“Oh! Me, me me me, pick me!”

Emil had been expecting to hear this as soon as he'd mentioned needing volunteers actually. Valerie, the young rider that he and Michael found about a week back. An... interesting girl to say the least. She certainly never lacked in enthusiasm and was definitely very friendly. Sometimes too friendly as Emil learned and Riku was experiencing now. As a soldier, Valerie was still green though. More so than some of the others in the camp, and her lack of experience showed often. However despite this, she never let herself falter and always did her best at everything she did, and if there was anything Valerie shined at above everyone in the camp, it was comfort in her own skin and a seemingly inhuman ability to resist cold, as the girl had become known among the soldiers for walking about the camp half naked.

Any lingering doubts that the troops had were quickly dashed though as Michael, ever the stalwart leader, gave them a rousing speech that finished what Emil started, and managed to get the men cheering. While this was all fine and good, they couldn't afford to be discovered due to the loud yells of the soldiers; so Emil made a quick slashing motion with his hand, signifying that the men needed to quiet down. As he did this, he saw a small twinge in Michael's stance from the corner of his eye, and knew that his heart must have been acting up. Emil had heard his father's endless praise of Michael for his deeds before and after the battle that cost him the title of "Great Sage" and gave him cause to instead take up the sword. Emil had seen the effects firsthand as well, and was sure that this was likely a result of it. He was about to off to let Michael stay behind, but held his tongue for fear of belittling his mentor. Besides, Michael would hear none of that anyways.

Lastly the Bull Rider of House Tullim stepped forward and offered his aid in the diversion team to Micheal. Emil had met Derick once or twice before the war started, but they'd never really spoken much. Derick was a great help at the camp, but somehow the two never crossed paths with each other. All the same, Emil knew of Dericks reputation. A Bull Rider of that caliber would be needed in the attack on the main entrance.

"Okay. I think this'll be enough." Emil said as he looked to Michael and Derick. "We'll make our way to the west entrance. When we hear the attack bell we'll make our way in. Michael, I need you and the diversion team to hold the Gangalan's there for at least thirty minutes. You can do that, right?" 

Then Emil turned to Valerie and Riku. Only the three of them would be entering Flanoir, so they'd need to put every piece of their plan into play perfectly if they were to have any chance of success in this. With this in mind, Emil looked to Valerie with some concern in his eyes. Would she be able to do this? Maybe it would be safer if he were to give her a part in the blockade or the diversion, but they didn't have time for that now. Instead he waited by the tree for her while she fetched her armor, and when she returned for the mission, he placed his hand on her shoulder and looked her square in the eye.

"This is going to be very dangerous Valerie. There's a very good chance that we could be captured or killed if we fail, and then Emerys will have little hope left. So I need you to focus on this and follow my commands no matter what. Don't t to be a hero and challenge the Gangalan army yourself, trust in Michael to handle that, and if we have to fight, trust in Riku and I, alright?"

After the girls answer, the three teams had dispersed, with the least experienced of the men joining the blockade making about twenty to thirty men on that job, some ten staying behind to tend to the wounded and ready the cam to be moved, and the rest on the diversion. As the diversion team began their march, Emil, Riku, and Valerie had already begun their hike to the west entrance. It took them less than an hour to reach it, and the diversion team was likely there waiting already. Emil pulled the bearskin cloak around his shoulders slightly higher, so as to conserve more of his precious body heat then looked to the others and nodded before making his way onto the road. 

The line into the city was shorter here, but Emil was still annoyed by it. There was never any line into Flanoir when it was under Emerysian control, but now Gangala strangled the city like a chicken being killed for a meal. The guard ahead, a bored looking man, began to wave the next group of travelers forward, and Emil rolled his eyes and let out a heavy sigh. This was going to be more of a problem than he'd anticipated, but before the next people could reach the guard, the loud warning bell rang throughout the city, drawing the guards attention. Michael had begun to make his move.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihgGH4qW8eg]Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn OST - The Devoted[/url]

Now was their chance. While the guards were scrambling and confused, trying to contain the frightened crowd, Emil slipped through the crowd and towards the red armored soldiers. He was nearly there, but a guard, a Fighter, saw him and began to try to stop him by raising his axe threateningly. As Emil drew closer, the guards face began to contort, and he looked as if he recognized Emil, which was a problem he'd feared they might have. There was no time to think, no time to try and talk to the Fighter, all Emil could do was quickly draw his Iron Sword and plunge it into the gut of the fighter. This didn't help his situation however, as the frightened crowd now grew more chaotic as they saw a soldier fall to the ground bleeding like a stuck pig. The other guards looked confused, then made movements to stop Emil, but his comrades quickly came to his aid and put them down.

The entrance more or less cleared now, Emil bolted into the city and down the road leading towards the Irisviel's estate. As he'd expected, the streets were even more chaotic than the entrance, as soldiers clamored to their posts, some still pulling on their armor, and citizens bolted two and fro trying to find a safe location. Some of the citizens however, saw their chance, and began striking at the unsuspecting Gangalan's with rocks or whatever weapons they could find. A few even recognized Emil, and cried out his return. However, while this was a fine gesture, it only made his Valerie's and Riku's jobs harder, as guards previously preparing for a full scale battle, saw their chance for promotions and bore down on the three of them. 

One, a Lancer, stabbed at Emil, who was able to narrowly avoided his strikes, but could not maneuver around the lances reach to strike the man down. Finally, the soldier slipped up, and stepped too far with his thrust, which allowed Emil to parry the lance strike and slide his sword through the mans throat. Choosing to ignore all but the one's who did not block his path, Emil motioned to his comrades and made a B-line for the Irisviels home. As they ran, an opportunity presented itself, and he motioned to Riku, the fastest of the three of them, to make his way onto the rooftop paths of Flanoir, and use the lever gate system to halt their pursuers.

By now, Emil had begun to call out to the pedestrians to clear the streets as he ran and dodged between them, fighting any guards who stopped him on the way. Eventually, his path crossed with a large white haired woman that (and this was somewhat embarrassing to Emil) had more muscles than he ever could have hoped to. She was wielding an axe, and appeared to be a mercenary too. Just the type of person Emil needed. Before he could speak however, a Gangalan Fighter bore down on Emil, and he only just had time to lean back out of the way as the axe grazed across his chestplate and sent a couple sparks through the air.

Whirling the Iron Sword about, Emil swatted the axe aside as the soldier made his second attack, but was too slow to finish him. Much to his annoyance, a second guard, this one armed with a lance moved in to attack Emil. The Lancer made multiple stabs at Emil, but by some miracle, only left a scratching blow on Emil's cheek, as he slipped while trying to avoid both the Lancer and the Fighters attacks. If he continued to try fighting both of them, he would not last long. Of course, if Emil could get a seconds breath from the Lancer, then he could deal with the Fighter with nothing to worry about, but unfortunately he always had trouble fighting lances. That axe wielding woman might not though. Left with little option, Emil called out to the woman; leaving all form of courtesy aside for the moment.

"Hey, mercenary! I could use some help here!"

Asher Baraan

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUIBGTjIXqw]Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones OST - Comrades[/url]

As the bandits drew closer, Asher steeled himself and stood firm; ready for what was likely going to be a hard won fight. The last thing he'd expected to hear was a friendly voice and an offer for aid.

"It seems you and I are of the same kind, Both from Gangala, both mercenaries, and both potentially wanting nothing to do with whatever the emperor has planned. Now here you are, wanting to take on an entire bandit tribe by yourself. Reckless, hasty, and stupid. You are obviously in need of aid. Name your price, and you might actually save both the village and yourself. Those you see out there are most certainly not the only ones on the way, after all."

A Shaman? In Emerys? Not everyday you saw that; much less a Shaman working as a mercenary either. But a quick glance old Asher all he needed to know. The same lightly tanned skin as himself, the clothing, and of course the mans accent as well. Seems he spoke the truth about being Gangalan, but he'd likely spoke true of the price as well. Still, he knew that Asher was a mercenary, so he should know that his pockets would not be lightened easily. As for the aid however...

"What the hell? I wouldn't say no to an extra hand to watch my back. Especially one that casts spells. As for price, I can probably work out a deal with the innkeeper for a free meal, but I'm afraid I've no gold to spare kinsman. Maybe after this bloody affair we can work out some form of partnership; assuming you live through it."

The last part was meant only as a friendly challenge to the Shaman, as Asher wanted to observe the mans skills and actually consider whether it would be worth it to partner with the Shaman. On the one hand, if he was good Asher may need the help of a spellcaster down the road. Unfortunately, while it was nice to see a friendly faced Gangalan in Emerys, there was a chance that he may recognize Asher. That could prove problematic if the man decided that he wanted to incite a rebellion of sorts using Asher as a symbol. 

There was little more time to consider however, as the first of the Barbarians had reached Asher and brought the Bronze Axe down at him. Asher stepped narrowly to the side, allowing the axe to slip past him, then sunk the Hatchet he'd equipped into the brigands chest. A second later, Asher yanked the Hatchet out of the mans chest, then began to draw his Steel Axe as he hurled the Hatchet into the next oncoming bandits skull, causing him to fly backwards through the air. However, the bandits were still coming, and one was drawing nearer by the second. So Asher raised his Axe and charged at the bandit, clashing his axe with the Barbarians as the two met, then brought his own down to hack the right leg of the brigand and drop him to where Asher could easily take off his head.

Krazen Shulnera

If Krazen recognized the prince, he didn't show it, and certainly didn't care. He just had a grin across his lips as he looked at Asher with that uncanny purple eye that seemed to say he accepted the challenge of surviving through the bandit attack before he stuck out his hand. "Deal," he said as he waited for Asher to grasp his hand in acceptance of the partnership, as well as that free meal, but could tell that would have to wait as that axe fell down near him, making Asher have to dodge out of the way. Asher then proceeded to waylay on a few bandits with reckless abandon, sinking his own axes into flesh and spilling blood onto the inn's grounds. "There is a man who cares nothing about his own safety," Krazen thought to himself as he opened his tome. "This partnership will either not last for long, or be just like home with Mom and Dad."

When Asher charged into the bandits that were approaching, it seemed to Krazen that he wasn't watching his flank. Sure enough, coming from his left side, a couple of bandits were moving in to attacking him from behind. All it took were a few words and a couple of gestures from Krazen before a force of solid, pure darkness wrapped around both their heads, and before they could comprehend their own confusion, a severe pressure constricted around their heads before they fell to the ground, their screams of agony muffled by the darkened ball around their heads. "Such weak will," Krazen said to himself before he turned his attention to a couple of the bandits starting to surround Asher. "The country may change, but bandits remain the same." Just as one bandit was ready to cleave his axe into Asher's scalp, he, too, found his head wrapped in that solid darkness, and Asher could faintly hear the sickening crunch as that bandit's skull was crushed by the pressure, as well as two other bandits near him. 

Almost completely absorbed in concentration with his magic and the bandits around Asher, Krazen just barely was able to make out the sounds of footsteps on the roof of the small inn. He had just mere seconds to wonder what it was, before a bandit jumped down and said something about vile magic as he started to swing his axe. Thinking quickly, Krazen reached for the door and closed it just before the downward strike fell upon him, snagging the axe in the door instead of in his flesh. He then safely cast his magic from the other side, felling yet another bandit.

Vica Raben

The weaponsmith did his work quickly and efficiently, sharpening her axe with the ease of practice. He handed it back to her in what seemed like no time at all. However, just as she was about to pay him, bells begin ringing out a warning across the city.

'We're... under attack? I wonder...'

She calmly handed her gold to the panicked weaponsmith.

Incredulous, he asked, "A- Aren't you at all worried?!"

Blandly, she replied, "I've seen my share of fighting. Besides, I'm not too worried about those who would attack the Gangalan soldiers."

Without waiting to see how he reacted, she turned and left, axe across her shoulders.

Out in the streets, there was chaos.

Gangalan soldiers were everywhere, dashing to and fro to get to their posts. There were even a few that ran past her, still pulling on pieces of armor while they tried to hold on to their weapon. Civilians were just as bad, hurrying across the street to find safe places to hide from whatever force might be attacking the city.

Not all, however. Some, in an eerie echo of Vica's thoughts from earlier, took up makeshift weapons - including rocks from the street - and began assaulting Gangalan soldiers. With the soldiers taken by surprise, most of the civilians managed to at least hold off their opponents.

Vica calmly strode down the street, ignoring the chaos around her. She had no need to avoid others, as they would quickly get out of her way the moment they noticed the axe she carried.

A lone voice began to carry above the general chaos. Calling for people to... clear the streets?

The speaker came into view, sprinting down the street. A boy with crimson hair and an odd mismatch of armor, obviously a warrior. 'Perhaps one of the invaders?'

He definitely noticed her as well, given his somewhat surprised look. Having been an oddity even in Flanoir for some time, she recognized the expression: Martel, that woman has so much muscle!

...Perhaps she was being slightly unfair or exaggerating what he might have been thinking, but it was all-too-common an occurrence. Even though she had no bulging, corded muscle the way some of the male mercenaries in Flanoir did, it was all too obvious that she was more muscular than most people.

The boy looked as if he was going to speak, but a Gangalan Fighter rushed him, and he was forced to dodge and retaliate.

Tense and conflicted, Vica simply watched as a Lancer joined in on the assault. The young swordsman was barely holding up against his two opponents, being kept off guard by the Lancer's swift attacks. On one hand, Vica was a mercenary. She was no hero, no idealistic fool who would throw away their life for naught but justice. But on the other hand, Gangala had invaded her country. Conquered her people. And now there were people fighting back, striking against Gangala. And she could help them.

"Hey, mercenary! I could use some help here!"

'Well, that simplifies things.'

With cold efficiency, Vica leapt into the fray and slammed her axe into the Lancer's weapon. The lance flew to the side, and Vica followed up with a strike at her opponent's head. Even caught off guard, the Lancer managed to backpedal and just barely avoid the attack.

Recovering quickly, the Gangalan's lance stabbed out at her. Unfortunately for him, the axe had an advantage over the lance. Batting aside his attack with the haft of the axe, she stepped forward and used all her strength to bring the blade down in a brutal two-handed blow.

Freeing her axe with some effort, she stepped over the body of the Lancer and looked over to see how the red-headed boy was faring with his opponent.

Myth

It has been sometime when he heard from the old man talking about a lost prince somewhere in Emerys. Wondering if there was such a prince that was actually exists, he thought to himself that  maybe the prince could help with his revenge against the emperor. It was a slim chance but it was all he had. He walked along a path that would eventually lead him to a village where he could rest for the night.

He heard the sound of clanking weapons as he looked behind him and saw a group of rugged bandits walking toward him, having had this experience all too many times after having to fend for himself since his village was destroyed, he drove into the cover of the trees. He could have sworn that they saw him but the bandits just walked past him. He overheard them laughing about how they will be "collecting taxes" on the village that he was planning on staying.

To himself, "Ugh...Bandits will never change, hopeless idiots that pray on the weak."

Looking at the group it was about 3 of them in total, each carrying a Bronze Ax. 

"There is no way I can take them all on," biting on his lower lip. He then heard the the bandits chatting,

"We got to get to the village fast, or else there won't be anything for us to plunder," said the first bandit. 

"Yea lets hurry, they are probably almost done now," replied the second bandit.

They began to rush onward. Seeing that the bandits were probably running toward the village, he began to tail them. They came to the village and saw that a single man was slaughtering what they saw was the rest of their company. Moments later the three bandits saw one of their own trying to ambush a person in black robes by jumping off the roof top. Unfortunately for the bandit the person saw this and dodged into the small Inn and a ball of black magic engulfed the bandit and killed him.

"What is going on?" exclaimed one of the three bandits that just arrived at the village,

"You numbskull, we are being slaughtered by two people! Hurry up and get a hostage, we will help the others." replied the second bandit.

Two of the three bandits began to charge at the man with what looked like a Steel Ax while the third one began to run up to a nearby house hoping to get a hostage.

Arriving just in time to see the bandits split up and the one running towards a house, already getting the grasp of the situation he takes out his Thunder Tome and holds his hand out reciting the incantations and finished with "Thunder!"

Blue lights and flickers danced from his hand as a bolt of lighting launched from hand and hits the bandit in the face before he could touch the door of the house.

The bandit flies back and starts to roll around on the ground crying in agony, "My eyes! My eyes!"

Myth walks up next to the bandit on the ground and holds his hand above his head, still blind and pressing his hands against his eyes,

"Find peace in the afterlife." Recites Thunder and another stream of electricity fries the bandit, but to his dismay the bandit rolled towards him and knocked his legs out.

Due to the sudden movement of the bandit, he loses concentration and he messes up the incantation, thus cancelling the spell. He falls to the ground and the bandit gets up. The bandit could make out his attacker in a fuzzy black blur despite taking a a lighting bolt to his face. He wasted no time and tries to chop him in half,   

"You dastard! I will kill you for this!" the bandit raises his ax to bring down on the black blur. 

Fortunately, the ax landed between his legs and and on his cape, quickly he takes out his Wind Tome and beings the incantation.

"Wind!" he shouts, a gust of wind pushes the bandit back onto his back.

The bandit now even more disorientated, scrambles to get up on his feet, but by that time Myth finished the Thunder incantation and launched another lighting bolt that hit the bandits head again, this time the bandit fell on his back and stop moving all together. He then takes the ax off his cape and gets back up.

He notices that the rest of the bandits closing in on the man with the ax, "well maybe I'll help out just this once."     

"The Tsukiko train to be the perfect duelists. Being able to sense when even the most stoic and masterful opponents are beginning to waver is what we do best. I'm not going to ask... but just know that I wont forgive you if you end up kick the bucket on us."

Michael showed no outward sign of surprise at the younger man’s words. So he noticed. But it seemed he wasn’t going to pursue the matter. “You don’t have to worry about that.” Michael replied. Perhaps a little colder than he had intended. “I plan on outliving as many as you as possible.” The joke, delivered with little to no inflection, probably came off as serious. But that's neither here nor there.
Emil had noticed the brief pain as well. The young man knew of his condition, though not to what extent it affected him, and he seemed to want to say something to Michael. The Hero kept his gaze forward. He did not want to give Emil any chance to tell him to stay behind. Not that he would listen, he just preferred not to argue against his lord’s orders.

Instead Michael focused on the young knight heading his way. Michael waved off the man’s apology and gave him a small smile. Michael knew Derick. Not personally but the young man was quite the exemplary knight. He had done good work thus far and it was obvious he would do great things. Part of Michael wished that the man had gone with Emil instead of Valerie but he wouldn’t turn down his help. It was very possible he’d need him.
“Very well, I welcome your help. I expect great things from you and you’d best not disappoint.”
Michael assured Emil that he would be able to do his task, then turned to Derick. “Come with me, help me choose who will join us in this.”

It took some time but Michael was able to gather enough soldiers and moved them into position on the main road. They were still out of sight of the gate but that wouldn’t last long. “As soon as they come out to meet us, the mounted units shall charge forth and strike and then return. Everyone else, hold until they reach halfway between us and the wall and then set upon them. Keep in mind we merely need to keep their attention. If any of you are injured you are to fall back into the woods. Mages, Archers, prepare to fire. Your targets are the guards along the wall. You do not need to fell them but that if you manage to, all the better. Now...Attack!”

Arrows and magic rained down on the soldiers on guard, and several of them fell. However the important part was that they got their attention. The alarm was raised and the gate was opening. Enemies spilled forth, a large amount. Larger than they had anticipated even. Heavily armored Knights led the charge, with Lancers at either side. Behind them were the usual assortment of Fighters and Myrmidons.
There was no chance to falter now. “The time has come, fight with all your might and prove why we are still to be respected!” Michael drew his sword out of it’s sheath. His eyes took in the edge of the silver sword. After all this time it still felt strange to be holding a blade. He wouldn’t let that stop him, though, as he ordered the mounted units forward.
Michael briefly worried about the young Lord. He had barely any reinforcement and was far behind enemy lines. Michael cast off his doubt. He just had to trust in his Lord, and do his job.

But he couldn’t shake the feeling that something was wrong...there was a foreboding feeling in the air. Michael watched warily as the soldiers on both sides made their move, prepared to jump in at a moment’s notice.

[hr]

Valerie cocked her head at Riku’s odd reaction. What a strange guy. Course she had been told by an older soldier before that men sometimes were a bit weird around girls, maybe that was what was going on. Whatever the case she kinda wanted to see how she could make him do that again. Later, though. Emil had taken her focus.

"This is going to be very dangerous Valerie. There's a very good chance that we could be captured or killed if we fail, and then Emerys will have little hope left. So I need you to focus on this and follow my commands no matter what. Don't t to be a hero and challenge the Gangalan army yourself, trust in Michael to handle that, and if we have to fight, trust in Riku and I, alright?"

“Well of course it’s dangerous that’s why I’m here! I trust you both. But you can trust in me too, boss!” Valerie gave a bright smile before rushing off to find her armor. She got it on in record speed and, after stopping by her horse Chestnut, joined Emil and Riku. It was too bad she wouldn't be able to bring him but this wasn't the kind of mission her horse was built for.

She nearly tackled Riku in her overly-bubbly greeting before they headed out.

Valerie uncomfortably shifted around as they waited in line. She didn’t like to wait. Plus she had to wear this big bulky cloak to hide her armor and lance. All in all it was a huge pain.
Before she knew it action broke out and she was able to free herself from the confines of the cloak. There were two guards advancing on Emil. One for her and Riku each.
She knocked the Myrmidon’s weapon aside with her lance and then followed it up with a jab through the chest. Quickly they entered the city. Which by now was a chaotic mess of soldiers trying to respond to Sir Michael’s attack and those trying to subdue the angry citizens.

She took Emil’s lead and called for people to get to safety, though in a much less refined way. “Get out of the way, this ain’t no picnic everybody!” She tried to keep up with Emil but found herself waylaid by enemies. All of them trying to reach her Lord and be the one to take him down. She wasn’t having ANY of that. Her lance soon became wet with blood as it plunged into one, two, three Gangalan soldiers. She moved on before making sure they were finished but she figured a lance through the body was enough to take anyone out the fight. Unfortunately during this she lost track of her companions.

She dodged and weaved around the panicking people and looked for her Lord’s signature red hair.
There, there he was. Being attacked! Valerie surged forward, knocking over a confused guard in the process, in a rush to aid him. It seemed not to be necessary. As a bear of a woman was standing over the body of one of the enemies. She was huge! Valerie figured she was a friend and not foe so she relaxed slightly as she made her way towards them.

She raised a hand in greeting “Hey there muscles, thanks for the assistance. I totally had him tho....” Suddenly Valerie was interrupted as a blast of thunder magic hit her from the side. She cried out in pain and was knocked sideways, falling to a knee in the process. She turned her head to the sight of a Mage bearing down on them. “Ouch,” was all she was able to get out before the Mage prepared for a second attack.

Riku Tsukiko

Riku sighed, as he stood on line with Emil and Valerie; taking extra care to stand on the opposite side of the former. Valerie had for some reason thought it was a good idea to lunge at him before they had departed, and subsequently the swordsman had let out an impressively feminine yelp in front of the vast majority of the troops, and was still feeling somewhat embarrassed about the incident.

Luckily though, he was forced to end his sulking once the action kicked off.  “Show time!” Using his speed, Riku swiftly placed himself in between one of the two guards and Emil. Parrying the man’s axe with his katana, and responding with a horizontal slash across the chest, Riku took a moment to watch the enemy stumble backwards in agony before dashing forward once again, this time running the guard through.

“Nothing personal…” He mumbled as he removed the blade from the man’s corps, swiping it once to the side to remove the blood before returning it to his waist. 

Following close behind Emil, Riku continued to watch the young prince’s back. Though kid was good, but he definitely couldn’t do this alone. Watching as Emil engaged an enemy lancer, Riku noticed a nearby Fighter who seemed to be preparing an attack on the young lords blind spot. “I don’t think so.” He growled under his breath before dashing to towards his new target.

“I’m here too ya know~” Riku chirped as he flanked the man. Reaching out and clutching his victim by his shoulder, he forcefully pivoted to the left; using the momentum to send the Fighter reeling into a mob of angry citizens who quickly took to beating him stones and whatever else they could grab.

Unfortunately, before he could walk up and finish the job, Emil motioned for them to B-line for the Irisviel home. Complying, Riku took a moment look around for Valerie, only to be interrupted by another order from Emil. Taking only moments to register what the boy were motioning him to do, Riku simply nodded before speeding off towards a nearby alleyway. He still had to get used to this whole taking orders thing...

Using his training Riku swiftly scaled the alley wall, and rolled on to the rooftop. From there he spotted the what could only be the controls for the city’s gate systems, and what he assumed to be the only two guards that had remembered to keep their posts during the attack.

Nimbly traversing the once beautiful Flanoir rooftops, the swordsman couldn't help but feel a tinge of anger begin to form itself in his stomach. He could only have imagined how amazing this place must have been before the invasion. The enemy hadn't just occupied the city, they tainted it, and now he would never get to see it as it was...

Suddenly, Riku's gaze hardened, and his smirk shrunk slightly. He began sprinting across the rooftop paths at frightening speed, as he closed in on the two guards. No. He would see Flanoir was it once was... He'd help Emil liberate this city, and then restore it. Hell, maybe he'd even bring Mei here when this was all over.

Watching as they turned to face him, his right hand instantly brought itself to Black Queen's hilt. For a moment the guards seem too shocked to react, but seconds before Riku reached their position the more experienced of the two raised a tome in a hasty attempt to cast a spell. "Fir-" He began, but was instantly silenced by Black Queen. Forced to watch as his comrades lifeless corps fell to the street bellow, the second guard, a fellow myrmidon rushed Riku as if he had been faced with the devil.

Riku grunted with annoyance as the enemy erupted into a feverish frenzy of slashes. Effortlessly matching each attack with his own, he caught a glimpse of Emil, and what appeared be a female mercenary directly bellow. twirling around to dodge yet another attack from the enraged guard, he spotted Valerie in confrontation with an enemy mage, and- oh. That wasn't good... 

In the distance the he could see a large mass of soldiers sprinting towards their position. It would seem that the enemy had managed to organize a small squad amongst the chaos, and had now decided to attempt to over run the prince's small infiltration team with their superior numbers. 

Sighing, Riku called out to his comrades bellow as he parried the guard's slash with one of his Katana and engaged the man in a brief power struggle. "Guys! I know we're all making knew friends and what not... but I think we might wanna get a move on!" With no time to waste, Riku quickly disengaged the man with a savage front kick, before dashing forward and cleaving through his neck in brutal beheading. Hastily shaking the blood off his own blade, Riku  reached for the fallen guards iron sword, inspecting it before bringing over to the city's gate controls.

Without much time to think, the swordsman pulled the large switch to the left, causing the platform to shake as the gates began to slowly drop. But he wasn't through there. Twirling his newly acquired iron sword, he looked down towards his comrades for approval, before plunging the swords blade into the gate's controls, effectively jamming them.

The Commander turns to Ashelia with a look of irritation on his face, releasing Emil's sister, Shelia, as he does. Now free, Shelia rushes to Lady Astrels arms and hugs her tightly, looking back in fear a the armored Knight.

Ashelia stands frozen in fear and instantly regrets her actions. I wish I had thought this through. She thought to herself as she held up her healing staff. She looked around the room for anything that might help and sees a sword not too far from her, but she knows she will not be able to wield it but maybe it could work as an intimidation.

"And who the hell do you think you are missy?" asks the Knight as he advances on Ashelia. The distorted pig-like face of the soldier leering down on Ashelia, began sizing up Ashelia, and soon a disgusting smile crossed his face. Lady Astrels eyes darted between the Knight, Ashelia, and the sword Ashelia had been eying, and shook her head promptly.

"Maybe she'd like to be my new wife instead 'ey boys?" the Knight scoffed. The men around him gave Ashelia a look of pity, but all nodded their agreement.

Ashelia looks at Lady Astrel and sighs lightly, knowing that fighting would be worse than just going along with it. “I’ll go with you” she said halfheartedly “Only if you leave the Astrels alone…

Ashelia lowered her staff as the guards walked to her, one of them taking her staff, the other holding her hands behind her back. She struggled a bit before accepting her fate. Ashelia began to cry a bit looking down at the floor following the guards out.

The Knight sneered lecherously after Ashelia as the two guards pulled her out of the room. What his plans for her exactly were unclear, but would he even be able to get away with this? What if he did? A few moments after Ashelia was out of the room, she heard the Knight speak.

"Kill the old woman and take the girls to my chambers." No sooner had he said it than one of the guards spoke in the Astrels defense.

"But Commander Ludwig, Sir! You gave that girl your word that-"

"I'm sorry, are you in charge here?"

"N-no sir, but- Arrrgg!!"

A sickening squelching sound, Sherry's screams, and the loud thud that followed told Ashelia that the man speaking for her had been killed by this Commander Ludwig. Now she was being taken off to this murderers chambers, and soon Marida and Sherry would suffer the same fate she would. If anything good would come of this, it was that her father, maybe even Martel herself, would see to it that Ludwig would be stopped.

A loud noise was heard outside and the guards and the ugly knight walked up to the window to see what was going on. They all seemed confused, like they had heard something. “What the hell was that?” Asked the Knight as he looked all around. Emil, save me. Ashelia thought hopefully.

Emerys. A country which seemed to have a soft sort of beauty to it. The white glistening snow that blanketed the country during these trying times, while making them worse, seemed as if they would normally make the country a sight to behold. And were the situation, the young Xiangese woman would be able to enjoy it as such. However, with the current surroundings, the country seemed to be under a more somber atmosphere, one that seemingly made the city she was in to lose some of its luster. Though, this could easily be contributed to this country's seemingly losing war, it was of none of this woman's concern.

Yukina Taifuu was within the borders of Emerys, the city of Flanoir more specifically, as it had been where her trail had taken her. One belonging to the man she was to bring back to her family; a Riku Tsukiko. Having been in pursuit of him for a bit now, the two head families of the Taifuu and Tsukiko clan had been able to narrow down where he was to Emerys, and Yukina had simply followed what she had learned to get to Flanoir. Given the city was in a state of decay, bandits and mercenaries were rampant within it now and as much as it had filled her with shame, alongside the Gangalans, Xiangese outside their mother country were often just those two. 

Continuing to give the city a quick sweep before going into a more thorough search, Yukina had wondered what would posses the Tsukiko heir to leave behind his family and come to Emerys. Given the current state of war going on it was hardly a safe place, and with the harsh cold of the winter here, it was hardly a comfortable climate. She continued to ponder on this as she took her cursory stroll through Flanoir until she started to her that she was getting closer towards some sort of commotion. 

As she approached the source of the noise, it was clear that the Gangalan guards that occupied this town were in some sort of brawl with...well she couldn't quite make out who they were. Nonetheless, it was most likely a bandit or mercenary group gone too far that couldn't be overlooked and had to be dealt with. Hardly a problem that she had to concern herself. 

As she started to walk away from the crowd, her ears perked at a voice that seemed to be distinct from the others within this brawl. A singular voice that's accent was Xinagese in origin. Completely doubtful of the young Tsukiko male being affiliated with this fight, Yukina was not expecting much as she looked around to determine where this voice had originated from. She got far more than what she was expecting when she saw the man she was looking for standing atop a gate like structure, quite clearly in view for all to see. 

Realizing her job had been absolutely simplified, she simply needed to get to him and escort him out from this city. As locating and getting to vantage points was an important part of being an archer, Yukina had no real trouble climbing up the building so that she would be on the same level as Riku, she started to traverse the rooftops until her eye spotted a soldier that seemed none too happy with the boy. Seeing that the soldier was bearing a javelin and had seemed to just about line up the shot, Yukina quickly drew out her bronze bow and fired a single arrow aimed at the soldier's shoulder. It hit his waist, which was close enough as he seemed to drop the lance momentarily in pain. 

Ignoring the soldier with an arrow in his torso, Yukina had continued to traverse the rooftops until she was within speaking distance of the man. Bowing first, in Riku's general direction, she then rose back up and said, "Riku Tsukiko, at a better time to talk I will give you more detail, however for now, I would like for you to leave the city." Having given an extremely vague statement, Yukina simply stood there and awaited the man's response, uncaring to the chaos in the streets below. 

At the Emerysian encampment...

--

“Very well, I welcome your help. I expect great things from you and you’d best not disappoint.”

Derick saluted, and followed the general to inspect the soldiers. Most of these would be assisting in the blockade, but they needed enough men to provide sufficient diversion. Not only would they have to be at full health, but they also needed to be moderately skilled, enough that they could cause chaos.

He knew a few offhand that would be good, a pair of Cavaliers who had more humor than brains, but they were decent fighters all the same. There were also a few Lancers he knew would work well for this, and even a few Archers. Mages were in short supply, but one of his childhood friends, from a cadet branch of a noble house, had gone for magehood instead of knighthood, and had managed to survive with Derick and join the group.

After picking these select few, he worked with the general to find more to shore up their numbers, making sure to leave a few hardy warriors behind to guard the camp. While they wouldn't last against an army, the guards would be enough to fend off any bandits that thought them an easy prize.

--

In front of Flanoir's "gate"...

--

Derick sat stiffly, his willpower the only thing preventing his teeth from chattering. Many of the men were not so controlled, and shivered in the cold autumn air. Arkaia had a much warmer clime in comparison, and most of the soldiers hailed from the capital. His armor provided some protection against the biting winds, but the metal itself was ice cold through his clothing.

They were crouched just out of view of the main entrance, but it wouldn't matter in a minute. Their long-ranged attackers would open fire on the guards along the walls--technically the sides of the buildings--catching their attention. The knight observed the array of expressions surrounding him. Some looked nervous or scared, but most had their faces set into determined scowls. They'd lost their home and been on the run for a while. Spirits had been dampened, tempers had been lost. But now, they were finally taking action against the scum who'd run them out.

My family has been labeled as a rebel house, the Bull Rider thought grimly. Labeled that not by Emerys' rightful king, but by a mad conqueror. My house, who can claim rulers back through our lines, are officially traitors to Emerys. He snorted. How far the mighty have fallen. Not that it mattered all too much to him. He valued his hard-earned position as a knight far more than his hereditary honor as a noble.

When the arrows fired, when the spells flew through the air, when the enemy charged, he was ready.

Kicking the sides of his mount lightly--Jiao bulls did not need spurs to cajole them to move--the Bull Rider charged forward to meet the other side in the middle of a tight formation of cavalry, lance gripped in his hand. While he preferred the axe, the lance was useful in initial charges, both for their reach, which prevented immediate retaliation, and for their piercing ability, which compounded with the charge to penetrate enemy defenses. When they clashed, a shock rippled through Derick's body. Thankfully, he was used to such things from tourneys he'd participated in, in the past. Gritting his teeth, the man tugged his stubborn steed away from the site of the clash to regroup with the rest behind the front lines.

When the rest of the men charged, the Cavaliers and Derick hung back, as per their orders, but kept themselves between the fray and the long-ranged fighters as an extra measure of protection. Not that they had any lack of enemies to fight. No, one could say they had a surplus of them.

"Urrraaaagh!" a heavily-armored Knight yelled, shoving a thick lance forward in his direction.

Derick tugged on his reins, and his bull Tiberius danced out of the way easily. Although Knights were powerful and defensive, they were also slow, their blows easily avoided. Without a second thought, the red-armored Bull Rider reached for the axe strapped to the side of his mount, and raised it high overhead to crash into the Knight's helmet.

The man went down easily, the axe doing more damage to him than a regular lance would. Aside from charges, lances were best suited to lighter-armed foes such as Mercenaries or Myrmidons, lacking the raw hacking power that an axe possessed. In the midst of these Knights and Lancers, Derick was in his element. He whirled and sawed with his axe, a fountain of blood surrounding and staining his already-red armor. Tiberius snorted and tossed his head, sending men flying or spearing them through with his sharpened horns. He pawed the ground as he stood, stomping men mercilessly underneath.

This was what it meant to be a Bull Rider. To work in unison with your mount.

A flash of pain, and the knight stared almost disbelievingly at the sight of blood--his own blood--on his left arm, thankfully not his axe arm. He had a shield equipped, but the sword had gotten through anyway, sliding like a snake to the perfect position to strike.

A Myrmidon. They were the one of the few classes that bothered to learn fancy maneuvers like that. Frowning, Derick leaned back to avoid another slash, cursing the man for catching him off guard. General Michael had ordered the injured to retreat, but how could he retreat when this man wasn't giving him any space to do so?

Myrmidons were tricky opponents indeed, known for both their speed and skill. All the power in the world wouldn't do you any good if you couldn't hit your opponent, and axes had a tendency to slow the bearer, making them disadvantageous against the speedy swordsmen. If Derick had the time, he would switch to his lance, but at the rate this man was moving, if he reached for it, he'd find himself one arm short. Grunting when he caught a blow on his shield, the metal ringing in the air, Derick sweated underneath his armor. This wasn't looking good.

"Fire!" a familiar voice yelled, and the accompanying flame distracted the Myrmidon enough for the Bull Rider to switch his axe for his lance, and stab it forward into the enemy's chest.

"You should be more careful," Derick's Mage friend he had handpicked for this mission grinned at him from the back. "Wouldn't want to have to save your sorry neck twice."

Snorting in reply, the Bull Rider added a quick, "Don't worry about me," before retreating a ways back, enough that he could apply some salve from his vulnerary in peace. It wasn't long before he was ready to rejoin the battle. This would be a difficult fight, and they needed every able-bodied fighter they could get. With a battle cry, the Bull Rider dove back into the fray.

[b][u]Emil Astrel[/u][/b]

A grand heavy swing from the white haired woman solved Emil's problem with the Lancer, just in time for him to catch the Gangalan's axe and push the Fighter back with a hard kick to the gut. Emil spun around, nodding to the female mercenary as she yanked the axe from the fallen lancers body. If not for her, Emil may not have made it through the battle.

"My thanks. I am in your debt my lady." Emil said, remembering his manners now that danger was less immediate. Manners would be important here as well, as the might that this lady showed was all Emil needed to see to convince him that this woman could potentially be a powerful ally. His moment of happiness was short lived however, as a loud crack break over the sounds of pandemonium, causing Emil to jump and spin in place to see-

"Valerie!"

A small patch of smoke rose from the young girls side and Emil could see a large charred wound from where the lightning bolt had struck. Merely a few feet away, the Mage responsible for Valerie's vicious wound began to advance on her. Without thinking, Emil made a move as if to rush to the Cavaliers aid, but as he did, the Gangalan Fighter whom Emil had squabbled with only a minute ago had returned and nearly decapitated Emil, who only barely dodged. A plan quickly formed in Emil's head, and he continued to dodge and weave through the Fighters swings, as he moved back towards the Mage that had been advancing on Valerie. In this manner, Emil continued his dance, until he was in the perfect position, and dodged just well enough to make the Fighter bring his axe down through the skull of the Mage.

A momentary look of shock crossed the Fighters face as he saw the Mage fall lifelessly to the ground, but Emil offered the man no reprieve, and delivered a hard knee to the Fighters gut, followed by a strike to the Fighers jaw, and finally Emil drove his sword under the Fighters armor and through his stomach. His opponent now slain, Emil rushed to Valerie's aid, placing his hand on the girls shoulder. The wound was worse than it looked, but would still need to be treated soon. Without a word, Emil hoisted Valerie onto his shoulder, taking care not to brush against her wound as he did, and sliding her lance back into her free hand.

"The Irisviels estate isn't far, okay Valerie? Stay with me and take any sword users that get close. I'll handle the axes." Then to the white haired woman, Emil called "You've aided me already, but I must ask your assistance again. I need to reach Irisviel Manor and see that my comrade is healed. Can you help us?"

Then looking to Riku, Emil gestured to him his thanks, and took notice of another Xiangese woman speaking to him. That wasn't good. Not only did it mean that someone was likely after him, but Riku's problem with women was likely to flair up as well. Deciding to aid Riku, Emil called to him to meet them at the estate, and began moving, carrying Valerie with him as he moved.

[b][u]Asher Baraan[/u][/b]

Seems the decision to ally himself with the Shaman was a wise one, as he quickly proved that he was more than useful in a fight by crushing the heads of the bandits with well aimed Flux spells. Some even stopping Bandits Asher was too slow to handle. The help was very appreciated too as the group appeared to be much larger than Asher first anticipated. Still, it was easy for him to dodge and weave between the Barbarians, hacking away at them with his Steel Axe and dropping them with ease.

Next thing Asher noticed was a bandit attempting to take a hostage, which Asher saw as he dug his Axe into the chest of a Barbarian. Making a swift motion, Asher yanked the Hatchet he'd thrown earlier out of it's targets head, and motioned to throw the Axe at the Barbarian, but in his movement, the brigand had already been dispatched by a mage who- didn't finish the job. The Barbarian leering over the Mage, Asher didn't hesitate in hurling the Hatchet into the brigands chest and knocking him back to the ground.

A few short minutes, and a great deal of blood later, the remaining bandits decide that whatever gold they might have taken was not worth the loss of men, and pulled out to retreat. Tugging on the Hatchet Asher had berried in the Barbarian's chest and after flicking the blood off of both his Hatchet and the Steel Axe, Asher offered a hand to the Mage on the ground.

"I like the attempt, but you should focus more on killing the target rather than irritating them." Asher teased with a lopsided smile on his face. "And you kinsman, handled yourself well back there. Might I have your name?"

As the mercenaries exchanged their pleasantries, the villagers began cautiously opening their doors and peering out to see why the sounds of battle stopped. Many of them had surprised looks on their faces; as if they had not expected their saviors to be Gangalans. That was a fair enough shock in the Emerysian villagers defense. It was Gangalan's who ravaged their homelands after all.

The innkeeper approached Asher with a smile and, to Asher's surprise, even hugged him. Appreciation for saving the village was one thing, but this was bit strange to Asher.

"Soo... about that meal for my comrades and I?" he asked as the innkeeper graciously showed Asher and the two casers into the inn and handed them their meals.

Krazen Shulnera

Krazen was too engrossed in keeping Asher from falling to notice the hostage situation happening, and kept using Flux to crush the skulls of the bandits that Asher missed. He barely missed his mark on one, instead crushing his right shoulder, but since that seemed to be the bandit's swinging arm, that pretty much took him out of the fight, anyway. It wasn't until Asher started to run towards the tripped mage that Krazen noticed what was going on, and was in the middle of attacking the bandit when Asher took him out, causing the ball of darkness to whiff and dissipate in the air harmlessly a few inches away from Asher's face. It seemed after that the remaining bandits decided to flee, so Krazen felt that was victory enough, and walked over to where Asher was helping the fallen mage get to his feet..

Knowing how bandits sometimes operated, Krazen was a little wary of the mage Asher decided to help, but didn't say anything about it. When asked for his name, he smirked a little, then responded with, "Krazen Shulnera, student of the dark arts, currently on the run from the usurper emperor Rathmar for refusing to work in his court as a spy." With a chuckle, he added, "After the display you just saw, I hope you won't consider turning me in for any bounty Rathmar may have placed on my head." Then the villagers started to come out and seemed both relieved and confused, much like Krazen suspected they would. It seemed like that was a cue to return to the inn and accept his portion of the reward, which was a free meal that would certainly not go to waste. Despite being rather lithe, Krazen knew how to clean his plate; his dad taught him everything he needed to know about that.

Vica Raben

When she looked over to the red-haired swordsman, she saw that he had just repelled the enemy Fighter's attack and was facing in her direction. He nodded to her, and said, "My thanks. I am in your debt my lady."

She simply looked back at him. His statement was not one that she needed to respond to. Her attention was quickly drawn away from him as another voice rang out along the street.

"Hey there muscles, thanks for the assistance. I totally had him tho..." In the middle of the sentence, a loud crack suddenly drowned out all of the other noise on the street, and the young lady who had been speaking dropped like a stone as a blast of Thunder magic slammed into her. The Mage responsible began advancing towards the downed fighter as Vica stood there in shock.

She had never encountered a magic user in battle before, and had no idea what they were capable of. Normal fighters could cut and maul their opponents, but the female Fighter had long since become accustomed to such enemies. Against someone who could conjure the elements and use them to strike down their foes...

Vica had no idea how to fight someone like that.

Even as she stood, unable to convince herself to attack, she saw the red-haired boy rush to defend his ally. The Fighter he had been dueling with returned, however, attacking. Vica meant to help, maybe distract the Fighter, but she quickly noticed that the swordsman seemed to have a plan. Any aid she might attempt to give could disrupt his strategy, and so she stayed out of the fight.

The red-haired fighter managed to lure the Fighter into accidentally kill the Gangalan Mage, in a move similar to her own against the Lancer earlier. As the Fighter stopped in shock at his own actions, the swordsman quickly dispatched him in a skilled combination of moves. Once his enemies were dead, he went to the fallen girl's side and hoisted her onto his shoulder. He spoke to the girl, and then turned to Vica.

"You've aided me already, but I must ask your assistance again. I need to reach Irisviel Manor and see that my comrade is healed. Can you help us?"

Vica raised an eyebrow at his belief that he would get aid within the Gangalan-occupied city, but quickly revised her judgement. House Irisviel was one of the noble families, and known for their healers. If they could manage it, they would aid anyone who was willing to stand for Emerys and against Gangala, something that these fighters were obviously doing.

"Very well. I shall aid you for now, but keep well in mind that I will expect appropriate payment for my services." With a slightly darker tone, she added, "Especially now that I can no longer be near Gangalan forces without fearing for my safety." After all, a somewhat muscular female wielding an axe was not able to easily avoid attention, and she doubted that her actions had gone unnoticed. Even if only citizens had lived to see her fight, a secret shared was no secret at all.

The red-headed boy then called up to his ally on the rooftops, telling him to meet them at the Irisviel Estate. As he began moving down the street, Vica followed, using a ripped piece of cloth from one of the dead soldiers to absentmindedly wipe blood from the blade of her axe before the next fight.

Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow. Magic hurt. A lot. Valerie’s side felt like an extra crispy slab of meat. But worse than the pain was how Emil reacted. She was grateful for the help but...She was the soldier and he was the Lord. She gripped the lance tight and nodded to herself.

"The Irisviels estate isn't far, okay Valerie? Stay with me and take any sword users that get close. I'll handle the axes." The young Lord literally began to carry her towards the estate. Valerie was having none of that.

Valerie pushed herself away from Emil. She cringed and stumbled a bit, planting the butt of her lance into the ground to keep herself from completely toppling over. After several moments she up-righted herself and looked towards Emil. “I don’t need anyone to coddle me.” She snapped, the pain increasing her usual annoyance at being, what she saw as, looked down on.

She realized quickly that she must have come off as harsh. “You don’t have to worry about me, boss. I’m your Cavalier in shining armor after all, I’ve got this.” She gave him a strained smile that probably wasn’t fooling anyone. Shaking her head, as if to rid herself of negative thoughts, she raised her lance and let out a cheer. “Onwards, time to rescue the fair maidens or whatever!” And with that she continued forward in the general direction Emil had indicated, after popping a drink of her Vulnerary. It wouldn't do much but it would help keep her from keeling over.

Despite not knowing exactly where they were going; Valerie was determined to lead the charge. She had to make up for her screw up. She wasn’t going to gain anyone’s respect by cowering in her Lord’s shadow. An axe user was the first enemy to appear. She had the disadvantage but she still surged forward. He swung high and nearly missed, only managing to score a shallow wound across her cheek. The Fighter wasn’t so lucky, getting a lance through the chest.
Valerie moved on, ignoring the stinging sensation. Something felt weird though. The burning feeling was normal but there was something wrong. She suddenly felt weakened.
Valerie wasn’t the brightest but she knew what this was. Venin Axe.

She gritted her teeth and kept going, refusing to show weakness. They had to reach the manor, and that was that. If her injuries slowed them down the entire mission could fail, and she was NOT about to let that happen.

[hr]

Michael watched as Derick and the other mounted units made their initial charge. He payed close attention to the young Bull Rider. He was one of the few soldiers in their small army Michael was debating giving a position of command. He was still inexperienced, relatively, but his demeanor in battle was impressive.
As soon as the mounted forces returned from their second charge, Michael led the rest of the troops in a controlled attack. Michael signaled for the mounted troops to circle around to the side as the foot units hit the enemy head on.

Michael dodged away from a Knight’s lance and brought his sword down on the shaft, splintering it. Now weaponless the Knight attempted to fall back but a quick thrust through the visor ended him. Immediately Michael moved on, parrying and slaying two Myrmidon in a row. He was cutting a swath through the enemy forces, but made sure to keep his advance slow and methodical. It would do no good to go too far, but he still had to lead the charge.

There was a tightness in his chest and he was nearly impaled on a Lancer’s lance. He pushed on and blocked, pining the lance down with his sword. Pulling out his Hand Axe, he cleaved the man’s helm, and skull, in twain.

The fight raged on, and still Michael was worried. They were holding out well but not making much progress. That was fine, their job was to distract and not to win. As long as they didn’t lose many troops it would be their victory. But, glancing at the city, something still felt wrong. A chill in his bones that he could not explain...

Valarie was wounded, and Emil would need all the help he could get if they wanted to make it to the their destination with all members in tact. Satisfied that the gate would remain jammed, and that the small enemy force would have no way to pursue them, Riku prepared himself to join his comrades bellow, only to be halted by the sound of footsteps rapidly approaching him from his flank.

“Careful… sneaking up on me’s a nice way to lose your head~” He chirped, as he shifted around to meet his assailant. The boy’s hand brought it’s to his waist, ready to draw one of his blades in a counter. Unfortunately though, instead of the crimson armor of the enemy soldier’s, his gaze was met with women who seemed to be around his age. 

Her attire was devastatingly familiar, and as she rose from her bow Riku’s heart began to sink upon hearing her speak in an accent that was identical to his own.

"Riku Tsukiko, at a better time to talk I will give you more detail, however for now, I would like for you to leave the city."

“Crap!” Riku’s eyes widened in shock, as he swiftly began scanning the rooftops for more Taifuu agents. Oddly enough, he found none. Had this woman really come alone?

His hand still hovering near his weapons, he starred back at the woman in silence as he tried his best to assess the situation.

“She’s alone… if I-If I knock her out…” Desperation rearing it's head, Riku toyed with the notion of engaging the woman before she could report back to the rest of her clan, but instantly dismissed the idea upon remember that they were technically family. “No. She’s a Taifuu. I wont fight her unless she forces me to.”

He felt his hand begin tremble slightly, was it his gynophobia? No. This was something different.  As he starred at the woman’s blank expression, he couldn’t help be feel his anger stir. They were in the middle of a warzone for f***s-sake, and she had the audacity to ask him to leave? Did she not care about what was going on here? Were the people of his country that cold and self centered?! His gaze harden, and the blood of Sasaki Siu began to boil within the boy as the air around him shifted. It was times like these, when his fox like smirk vanished, that his father tended to speak of his resemblance to the great hero.

Gritting his teeth, Riku allowed his hand to grip Black Queen’s hilt to stop the shaking. This might of came off as a sign of aggression from woman's perspective, but he didn’t care. Just then, Emils voice echoed onto the rooftop, beaconing him to meet the rest of the group at the estate. “I’m right behind you!” He called out to his party, as he watched them in his peripheral vision. 

“You hear that?” Riku addressed the woman with another sharp glare. “They need me.” He punctuated this statement by nodding in the direction his allies were heading. “So no. I wont be leaving the city until the Asrel family is safe.” He paused for a moment as images of both Mei and his father began to poke through his thoughts, coaxing him to surrender to the woman and go home. Quickly shutting them out, he slowly drew Black Queen, holding it so that it was in clear sight of the Taifuu archer.

“I’m sure you know what this is, and what it symbolizes. As of right now my blade has been sworn to the service of the rebellion-no, my friends.” Lowering his birthright down to his side, Riku took on a ready stance incase the woman decided to attempt to take him by force.  “So tell Mei, I'll be a little bit longer…” His tone held a non-too subtle hint of sorrow, but was backed with deadly seriousness that would have made his father quite proud.  

As Sartoria entered the large castle that had once belonged to the Astrel Royal Family a shiver crawled down her spine as the cold air left room. Sartoria looked around the main entrance to the castle sadly. When Gangala had first assaulted Flanoir this castle and others like it there had been many Lords in these castle. Now many of them were dead and those still alive were being held to castle very close to this one. Castle Irisviel, or something like that. She imagined that before her Lord had invaded that this room would have been filled much like it was when they'd first attacked, but instead of filled with warriors battle ready it was filled with happy Emerysians dancing in a very grand ball. 

Sartoria looked around the room. Now sans her and the guards it was empty. Even the tapestry and furniture was dust covered, damaged, or both. Ascending the castle steps to the second level intent on going further up to the highest level of the castle where her chambers were a feminine scream echoed through the walls of the castle. Knowing the only other women in this castle besides herself were the captured Ladies and the other non-combatants the Gangalans had captured Sartoria raised an eyebrow. She'd left her men with strict orders to not harm those who had surrendered so there should be no screams echoing through her castle.

Rather than ascending the steps to the next level Sartoria turned back moving in the direction in which she presumed the scream had come from, and after a little walking she found what she was looking for. The young girl, princess of the Irisviel family was crouched in fear two of her red armored Knights watching her with nervous looks on their faces. The doors to where the Astrel women were being kept was open, and as she approached her Knights stiffened.

"Ahem," Sartoria said turning in towards the women's quarters seeing the body of one of her own on the ground. "Would you care to explain to me what is going on here Commander Ludwig."

Before she could get a better answer the war horn sounded and the sound of clacking boots was heard down the hall as a subordinate of hers, Augustia ran towards her.

"M'lady Emerysian rebels are assaulting the main gate!"

"I see, I will attend to that later, but I have a far more pressing matter on my hands at the moment," Sartoria said before pausing for a moment, "See if you can do anything for him." The warlock pointed to young soldier who was currently lying in a pool of his own blood. "Ahem." Sartoria cleared her throat once more this time grabbing the attention of Commander Ludwig.

"Ahhh... Lady Sartoria I was just on my way to fetch you!" the mustached Knight held his arms open in a wide gesture, which under different circumstances would have made Sartoria laugh.

"I believe I gave strict orders that the prisoners were not to be harmed," Sartoria said with a dangerous glare.

"Y-yes, but-"

"I believe I gave strict orders that the prisoners were not to be harmed." Sartoria said again as though explaining something to a small child. "I care little of what the girl did. It does not take 4 or rather now 3 fulled armored and armed Knights to take care of one little girl running from her quarters. Now come with me I believe we have invaders to ward off." Sartoria turned on her heel looking at Augustia who shook her head sadly before rising.

"Yes ma'am." Ludwig defeated followed the Sorcerer out.

"You two show the young lady back to her room, and don't let her escape this time..." Sartoria sighed as she Augustia and Ludwig made their way back to the main level of the castle.

Exitting the large stone building Augustia hopped on to her waiting horse. Sartoria attempted to the same, though her lack of upper body strength made it comical as she struggled, falling several times. It wasn't until the Valkyrie hoisted the lighter Sorcereress up that Sartoria was finally climb onto the now annoyed horse.

"I expect you to arrive at the front gates in a timely manner. I don't care how you do it, but get it done." Sartoria said turning to Commander Ludwig before wrapping her arms around Augustia. As soon as she'd finished talking the pair was off riding into the cold Emerysian air.

----

Several minutes later the battle came into sight. The first thing Sartoria took notice of was the sheer smallness of the Emerysian rebel army. They couldn't possibly think the could win with a force that small... could they?

"Stop here," Sartoria whispered into Augustia's ear. The Valkyrie nodded and pulled back on her horse's reins causing them to come to a halt at the edge of the battlefield.

No sooner had they stopped Sartoria produced her Bolganone tome and raised her arm shooting a large fireball into the air. The resulting explosion temporarily distracted the soldiers of both armies and gave Sartoria an opening.

Hopping down off the horse the Warlock of House Valessia strode into the battlefield.

"M'lady-"

"Emerysian rebels I ask for but a few minutes of your time. Soldiers of Gangala I call for a temporary cease fire. I wish to speak with the commander of the Emerysian rebels." The Gangala troops backed away knowing full well what would happened to them should they disobey the Sorverer's command, and the display of her magic she doubted the Emerysian troops would try to attack either.

"I am the commander of the Emerysian liberators." Michael said, stressing the last word. This woman was powerful. She may even be near the level Michael himself was before the battle that stole his magic. He knew he had to be careful but he couldn't help but keep the fury out of his voice. "Speak quickly Gangalian general."

"I mean you no ill will Emerysian commander. I am sure you are aware that you are grossly out-numbered. An enemy commander I do not see any point in slaughtering a force that has no chance of winning. I implore you to abandon your mission of suicide. Please lay down your weapons and return to your families. Lord Rathmaar need not know of what has transpired here."

Michael's grip on his sword tightened. It would be foolish to attack now, however, and he simply spoke. "I cannot do that. Even if your words are true," his tone made it clear he did not believe her, "I will not surrender. We of Emeryn do not waver and we will not fall here." He spoke the last in a loud, and clear, voice which carried to his soldiers. All of whom cheered to emphasize his point.

I see... as you wish." Sartoria bowed before turning on her heel and returned to the waiting Augustia. "Let us depart from here Augustia. I have no wish to witness a slaughter." The Valkyrie woman nodded before muttering something to her horse. With a high pitched neigh the horse turned taking both the Valkyrie and Sorcerer back into the city.  

BGM

As Yukina stood there waiting on Riku's response, her gaze followed his hand as it went to his blade's hilt. As it did, the grip around her bow tightened, as she was wary of whether or not the young Tsukiko male was looking to fight her. Given the close distance between the two, and he was no doubt skilled with a sword, making it a much less than favorable fight in her favor. As he shouted out back to one of the others who were partaking in this battle, she was very well aware of how the rest of this conversation was going to go. 

Though she had seen his refusal coming immediately, there was something about the overall serious nature of his voice and gaze that seemed to not rub her well. Disregarding that, though, he was completely adamant on not leaving, and such it presented a bit of a problem to her. Stopping him by force or by words was not something that was going to happen, but neither was her departure. Looking straight at him, she said, "I won't be telling Mei anything at present." 

Loosening the grip on her bow, she went on to elaborate. "I came here of my own volition to find you and bring you back to Mei Taifuu. As such, I will no go back to her unless it is with you in tow as well." Looking back to the fleeing people who seemed to be Riku's company, she then turned back to the man. She still had her job to do, however, taking in the entire situation, it was not entirely favorable to just up and leave at the moment. With her own voice stern, and filled with a serious tone to it as well, she stated, "and so we will depart from this town, and we will return to Xiang Siu. I shall make sure to this by keeping watch over your safety and make sure you do not escape until then." Motioning to the others of the party he had come with, she said, "now then, I believe you were going to aid those people running first?" 

Emil Astrel

Fortunately the white haired mercenary woman agreed to help, but before they could be off, Valerie pushed herself off of Emil's shoulder and began to move on her own to the Irisviels. Despite her words though, it was clear that the girl was having trouble and dealing with a great deal of pain. To make matters worse, the Cavalier was now being blocked by a Fighter using a- Oh no.

While Valerie avoided most of the attack and finished the Fighter off, she failed to recognize the weapon that she faced as a Venin Axe. In Emerys there was a saying: "A man fights with honor, but poison is a woman's weapon." A bit misogynistic perhaps, but it was clear that some Gangalan dogs, and Rathmar to a less extent, felt that poisoning an enemy and abandoning your honor in doing so was justifiable as long as it gets results. Even though Valerie had only a small cut from the Axe, the burn on her side would soon cause her problems; and she'd made it clear that she wasn't going to accept help easily.

Doing the only thing he could think to do at that moment, Emil rushed up behind Valerie and struck her on the back of the head with the pummel of his sword. Not hard enough to completely knock her out, but enough to keep her dazed until they reached the estate. Catching her before she struck the ground and only barely missing her breast as she fell, Emil hoisted the woman onto his shoulder again and moved with more haste towards the Irisviels with the white haired mercenary.

It didn't take long for them to reach the Estate either, and fortunately the ever charitable Irisviels were taking in several lost or injured citizens to be healed and safeguarded from the fighting. Quickly cleaning and sheathing the Iron Sword, Emil drew Talma and raised it high so that the Irisviel attendants could see the sword that had become a symbol of the Astrel family. Shortly after, an Irisviel Cleric spotted the blade and rushed to welcome Emil and his allies in, and helped Valerie to resting mat, where the Cleric immediately began to work her healing on the Cavaliers wounds.

At last having a moment to rest, Emil sat against the wall not far from Valerie and looked around for Ashelia, his old friend from the Irisviel House. Strangely, she was nowhere to be seen within the bustling crowd. Emil was expecting Ashelia to be among the ones healing the wounded, as she'd been trained as a Cleric all her life and was never far from those in need of healing. As he scanned the room, he did however notice the House Leader, Keyneth Irisviel, searching about the same as Emil was. Spotting he look of worry that the man wore, Emil approached him in hopes of confirming Ashelia's location, but the old Nobleman spoke first.

"Emil... I should have assumed that it would be you or one of the Astrels behind the attack. You'd better have a decent reason for placing so many Emerysian's in danger. Ahhh why do I even ask... Let me guess. Liberation? Allies? And I suppose you came here in hopes of gaining an army?"

At this, Emil nodded and looked Lord Irisviel directly in the eye when he spoke. His every action was key in talking to the Noble, as Emil was greatly relying on him to aid their armies. Lord Irisviel was a just man and likely opposed the Gangalan occupation on his own, but should Emil unintentionally offend him then he'd risk losing the large army at Lord Irisviels command.

"I know that what I ask is a lot more than I should, but the Astrels and the Irisviels have been friends since before my birth or even your own. I'm asking not for my own benefit but for Emerys itself. I understand this is a hard decision, but-"

"Enough." The Lord's words sounded harsh and frustrated. Granted he had every reason to be, as his halls were filled with scared or injured citizens and now housed about four or five enemies to the city as well. However, to Emil's surprise after a full minute of silence had passed, Lord Irisvel nodded his head.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAMXghDyr1I]Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn - Stalwarts Unite[/url]

"You've been honest with me all your life Emil. You've always cared for Ashelia and I know that you would not ask this of me for selfish reasons. But it is a hard call. I would be putting my family, my nobility, my entire house at risk. However, I cannot deny that in the one week that these Goddessless pigs have been here they've not only insulted Flanoir, but my House as well. Too many times have these bastards made perversions at my daughters. Too many times have they smashed our stalls and stolen alms for the poor. They must be driven out of Flanoir- No, all of Emerys. So... I cannot aid you simply because you asked... but if you can rescue Ashelia, then the armies of House Irisviel are yours."

Emil allowed a confident smile to cross his face as the old man grinned mischievously back at him. Of course rescuing Ashelia was part of the reason why Emil was here; and he suspected that Lord Irisviel knew this already. With their agreement made, Emil and Lord Irisviel began to make their way over to where Valerie, the white haired mercenary, and the now two Xiangese warriors were.

"Where is she?" Emil asked after explaining the situation to the small group with him.

"Luckily for you I know that much. Everyday since the war began she'd been going to the Astrel estate awaiting yours and your brothers return. I expect that she's there now but..."

"But... what?" Then the old lord looked at Emil with a serious look of concern across his face. Something was wrong at Emil's old home, that much was clear. But the look in Lord Irisviels eyes said that Ashelia was in even greater danger than he was for being there.

"But... Commander Ludwig has been reported as entering the Estate prior to your battle, and a few of the people here claim they saw Ashelia enter a little while after." Commander Ludwig? Emil had never heard of him, but evidently he had presented a problem to Flanoir already. What was more, Emil could guess what it was from the concerned look Lord Irisviel wore. It was not his daughters life he feared for, but her honor.

"You have my word that Lady Ashelia shall be brought safely out of Flanoir unharmed my lord." Emil replied as Lord Irisviel nodded. "If it does not trouble you much, I've heard that House Lauft also has a large force still at their disposal? Would you send them a letter from me asking their aid?" As Lord Irisviel nodded his agreement, Emil turned to his allies, and looked at Valerie, who's wounds were now fully healed.

"Sorry about what I did Valerie." Emil said kneeling down to look the Cavalier in the eye , his face began to slightly match his hair. "If you took that as coddling, then you have my deepest apologies. But I couldn't afford to risk losing an ally like you." Then looking to Riku and the new Xiangese woman who'd accompanied him, Emil stood and gave the Myrmidon a friendly slap on the back. "You did well. Thank you for cutting off the soldiers advance. I'd like you at my back for the next part of the attack; if your umm.... friend here would join us, I'll have her with Valerie."

Then Emil turned to the white haired mercenary, somewhat apologetic. As she'd said earlier, she now had nowhere to go but with Emil, who'd felt as if he'd robbed the woman of her freedom. It was only right that he made things up to her, but all he could do now was offer her a new life.

"You fight well as should be expected. I am Emil Astrel. I know I've little place to ask, but I would be glad if you would join our cause. We can't offer you much I'm afraid, but you'll at least have a place where others watch your back. I don't believe I caught your name though."

Asher Baraan

As Asher listened to the Shaman, Krazen as he introduced himself, he couldn't help but let out a loud boisterous laugh. Naturally it was right of the man to assume that a mercenary would attempt to turn in a fugitive and claim a reward, but Asher himself was something of a runaway. Of course, Krazen had not recognized him and therefor would not know this, but the thought still amused Asher. It's not like he could turn the man in anyways, as Rathmar would likely have him executed with the state that the new "Emperor" was in, and Asher rather liked his head where it was.

"No need to fear there friend. I've little love for the Empire myself. Call me Asher Sand. No proper surname I'm afraid, as my dad ran off after he knocked up my mother who herself died during birth." Naturally, this was a lie. However Asher had been telling it to people for so long that he sometimes believed it to be true. If not for his resemblance to the Baraan family it could have been believed that it was wholly true in fact. Giving a bastards surname helped too. Sand if you were Gangalan, Frost if you were Emerysian. 

"Besides Krazen, it wouldn't due for a man such as myself to turn in his new partner." Asher said with a wink and a smirk as he held out his hand in friendship. Then to the Mage who joined late, Asher called "You as well caster. Come and join us in the fruits of our success. Tonight we eat good food and sleep in warm beds as the heroes of this village."

With the men all newly accounted, Asher lead them into the inn where he turned a table back to it's upright position and seated in near the bar. Naturally he would want the seat closest to the mead and meat for himself and his new allies. In a few moments, Asher's wish for food was granted too, as the [url=http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww280/AidaLily/anime-girl-sexy-redeyes.jpg]innkeepers daughter[/url] set down a plate of delicious looking sulking pork and three pints of mead for the men.

"My thanks fair lady. Why not pull up a chair and glass, and join us for our meeting?" Asher asked with a charming smile that caused the young girl to giggle and blush. However, while the girl did pour herself a glass of mead, she instead chose Ashers lap as her seat, to which the young prince had no objections.

Archived