[Agro's Archetype] Night's End

Agro

I made these a while ago, but I figure I'd post them in this section and see what happens.

[spoiler="OG Card:"]

300px-NightsEndSorcerer-CSOC-EN-SR-UE.pn

I have a boner for it.[/spoiler]

Basic idea is to get the monsters in the graveyard and banish them with Night's End Sorcerer and Sun's Set Sorcerer, but they have utility elsewhere with the ability to Synchro summon monsters from the graveyard and whittle down the opponent's extra deck.

[spoiler='Night's End Assassin']

XXdaVZV.jpg

When this card is Special Summoned, if you control another "Night's End" monster: Destroy 1 card on the field, and you can send 1 card from your Extra Deck to the Graveyard. You can send this card and 1 Spellcaster-Type Tuner you control to the Graveyard to target 1 Synchro Monster in your Graveyard whose Level is equal to the combined levels of the sent monsters; Special Summon that target. (This is treated as a Synchro Summon.)

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Night's End Huntress']

WxZJKEC.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: Send the top 2 cards of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Night's End" monster from your hand or Graveyard. You can send this card and 1 Spellcaster-Type Tuner you control to the Graveyard to target 1 Synchro Monster in your Graveyard whose Level is equal to the combined levels of the sent monsters; Special Summon that target. (This is treated as a Synchro Summon.)

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Night's End Reaper']

tqYQmUa.jpg

When this card is Special Summoned, if you control another "Night's End" monster: Send 1 random card from your opponent's hand to the Graveyard, and you can send 1 card from your Extra Deck to the Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Night's End Reaper" once per turn. You can send this card and 1 Spellcaster-Type Tuner you control to the Graveyard to target 1 Synchro Monster in your Graveyard whose Level is equal to the combined levels of the sent monsters; Special Summon that target. (This is treated as a Synchro Summon.)

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Dusk's Pact Burial']

ePxITxP.jpg

If the only monster you control is a "Night's End" monster: You can send 1 card from your Extra Deck to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Night's End" monster from your Deck.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Dusk's Pact Parting']

10yOhPA.jpg

Send 1 card from your Extra Deck to the Graveyard to target 1 "Night's End" monster in your Graveyard; your opponent sends 1 card from their Extra Deck to the Graveyard, and Special Summon that target.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Sun's Set Sorcerer']

ZH6eTma.jpg

Cannot be Synchro Summoned from the Extra Deck. When this card is Synchro Summoned: Banish up to 5 cards from your opponent's Graveyard. This card gainst 100 ATK for each of your opponent's banished monsters. You can return 5 of your opponent's banished cards to the Graveyard, and if you do, destroy all other card on the field. You can only use this effect of "Sun's Set Sorcerer" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

I hear people actually comment here :>

You got really good reviews on the last thread with these cards, and I don't see big changes in the archetype since then so I have little to comment because I would end up repeating what was already pointed out on this archetype. If anything, my opinion is that these seem to be a bit stronger than they appear, since they have cool perks such as:

- Their own "A Hero Lives" that not only searches them but also will activate the effects of some of the Summoned Nights

- A card that disrupts the Extra Deck (which has proven to be a dangerous effect when not properly restricted), and doubles as an archetype Reborn.

- Access to pretty much any Synchro6, while essentially ignoring specific material requirements. For instance, Underground Arachnid. Granted, there isn't any broken or overpowered Synchro6 these could abuse (as far as I know), but still, this perk restricts design on Synchro6s (e.g. one cannot make an overly powerful Synchro6 without Nights having accesss to it). Not sure if XX-Saber Hyunlei would count as a "warning signal" (so to speak). Also they can gain access to different Synchro pools depending on your Spellcaster Tuner techs.

- Reaper and Assassin can generate a +1 on Special Summon, and with 6 CotHs available in addition to their archetype reborn, plus other Spellcaster-support such as Dark Renewal, I suspect that it can get scary.

But again, these are just my suspicions and they may not actually be as threatening as they appear, since they also need dedication by requiring to set up the graves (including the opponent's) and another Night/Spellcaster on the field to perform their bigger plays. The only questionable card would be their ROTA/AHL in my opinion.

By the way, you should reveal the source of the artworks.

Also, just to let you know, I have noticed that "Assassin" is a word that TCG avoids because it is not child-friendly or something like that, so I think you would have to relace it with some other word (e.g. Assailant may be the closest option, "Hand of" should be an alternative as see on Raiden and "Hand of the Six Samurai") if you wish your card to be TCG legit/friendly.

Archived