Interdimensional Engagement (Generic Battle-Phase Trap!)

goodfusion

I thought this would be interesting, so I made it. Constructive criticism would be appreciated! It can be found in the Tyretian tag on Duel Portal.

b73h7a0.jpg

EFFECT:

Activate 1 of these effects:
+ During your Battle Phase: Target 1 of your banished monsters; Special Summon that target in Attack Position. Other monsters you control cannot attack this turn.
+ If a monster you control is targeted for an attack: Target 1 of your banished monsters; Special Summon that target in Defense Position, and if you do, change the attack target to that monster.
If a monster Special Summoned with this card's effect leaves the field, except by this card's effect, it is shuffled into the Deck. At the end of the Battle Phase, banish the monster Special Summoned by this card's effect.

Kinda OP, since it doesnt negate the eff of the summoned monster
In Helicrons it can summon a banished Ironhammer and attack with it, then summon a normal and start the Fusion Spam
Also i can chain Imperial Iron Wall or Artifact Lancea and my monster dont go banished back~

Maybe, but if you are using it for an attack its not really any better than Call of the Haunted (except for banished monsters) as although it can't be 'MST negated' it has the "other monsters you control cannot attack this turn" part. I personally think if I was going to negate the effects of the summoned monster, I would have to lift that part (or at least loosen it) as there would be too many restrictions on it for it to be useful, and I think the attack limiting is fairer than effect negation. 

Part of my intention with this card is to use it with stuff like HTS Psyhemuth for some neat removal of opponent's monsters, and effect negation would prevent that and make what you summoned almost purely dependent on what had the highest stats, which would make it purely useful as a meatshield or a beatstick.

I think I will add a once per turn thing on there, as although that would make almost no difference when attacking, but with the defending summon it could be very good.

Archived