[MtG] Gideon, Defender of Zendikar (written)

heraldry_lord

Gideon, Defender of Zendikar
Mana Cost: 4{W}{W}
Planeswalker - Gideon
Starting Loyalty: 6

+1: Until your next turn, creatures opponents control cannot attack you. (They can still attack planeswalkers you control.)

0: Until your next turn, Gideon, Defender of Zendikar becomes a Human Soldier creature with power and toughness each equal to the number of loyalty counters on him and gains indestructible and vigilance. He's still a planeswalker. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to him this turn.

-10: You get an emblem with "If you control a creature, damage that would reduce your life total to less than 1 reduces it to 1 instead."

Throwing reminder text on the first ability to make it explicit - otherwise people may get confused and think they can't attack Gideon either. I doubt exalted would return for the next set. It's a nice touch, but I don't think it's necessary on Gideon. Also, last time I checked, emblems were supposed to make the game much easier for you to win, but not guarantee it. What about using Worship as an emblem? Something like this?

/+1\: Until your next turn, creatures opponents control cannot attack you. (They can still attack planeswalkers you control.)
|0|: Until end of turn, ~ becomes a Human Soldier creature with power and toughness each equal to the number of loyalty counters on him and gains indestructible and vigilance. He's still a planeswalker. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to him this turn.
\-10/: You get an emblem with "If you control a creature, damage that would reduce your life total to less than 1 reduces it to 1 instead."

Throwing reminder text on the first ability to make it explicit - otherwise people may get confused and think they can't attack Gideon either. I doubt exalted would return for the next set. It's a nice touch, but I don't think it's necessary on Gideon. Also, last time I checked, emblems were supposed to make the game much easier for you to win, but not guarantee it. What about using Worship as an emblem? Something like this?

/+1\: Until your next turn, creatures opponents control cannot attack you. (They can still attack planeswalkers you control.)
|0|: Until end of turn, ~ becomes a Human Soldier creature with power and toughness each equal to the number of loyalty counters on him and gains indestructible and vigilance. He's still a planeswalker. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to him this turn.
\-10/: You get an emblem with "If you control a creature, damage that would reduce your life total to less than 1 reduces it to 1 instead."

Hmm, yeah, this seems cool.  I'll make the changes.

Thanks for the help.

Archived