[MtG] Dack, Master Thief (written)

heraldry_lord

Dack, Master Thief

Mana Cost: 3{U}{R}

Planeswalker - Dack

Starting Loyalty: 4

+1: Tap or untap target artifact, then scry 2.

-2: Gain control of target artifact. If it is a creature, untap it. It gains haste until end of turn.

-7: Search each opponent's library for an artifact card, and put it onto the battlefield under your control. Then that player shuffles his or her library. You get an emblem with "Artifacts you control have "{T}: Scry 2, then draw a card."

Dack can gain knowledge from the artifacts he touches, which is the reason for the +1 and ultimate.  I feel that aspect of him was missing in his first card, so I brought it to the forefront here.  The ultimate in particular basically gives a slightly weaker "Read the Bones" to each artifact you control, which can also be an artifact you stole with his -2.

Doesn't feel too different from the original Dack. -2 is slightly more powerful if you happen to, say, snatch up their Blightsteel Colossus.

+1 is a little worse than original, but what would happen if it said "tap or untap" instead?

-7 seems a little weak compared to most other ultis - then again, you do have a chance of grabbing a Caged Sun, Darksteel Forge, or Blightsteel Colossus to ruin anyone's day, and that depends mostly on what your opponent has. Emblem looks a little weak, but you also get to tap your spare Equipment (and Howling Mine) for manipulable draw power.

Archived