xSp83DS.jpg

(This card's name is always treated as "Rainbow Dragon".)

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned if you control 4 or more "Crystal Beast' cards with different names while there's a face-up "Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins" on the field. You can only Summon 1 "Radiant Rainbow Dragon" per turn. This cards Summon cannot be negated. When this card is Summoned: Reveal 1 Field Spell Card from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard; This card gains that card's effect. Once per turn, when a card or effect is activated is on the field: You can send 1 face-up "Crystal Beast" card you control to the Graveyard; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it.

I personally really like Crystal Beasts, and think they could of been a good Deck. They have some good Spell Cards, but ultimately they don't work for various reasons. While not the main reason, an issue I have with the Deck is that Rainbow Dragon, their Boss Monster, is very lackluster. This is my attempt to give them a better boss monster. First of all, this is much easier to Summon than Rainbow Dragon, since getting 4 Crystal Beasts with different names on the field isn't hard. The idea is to reveal Ancient City and gain its effects, although I left it to be any Field Spell Card. This may or may not cause some issues in terms of balance, but I can't think of any other Field Spell Card that breaks it (originally I thought Seal of Orichalcos would but I don't think it's broken, especially since you don't get the "activate to destroyed SS monsters", or at least I don't think you would.) I might replace Cyber Infinity Lite effect for an effect that relates to having 7 Crystal Beast with different names, but for now I'm happy with the card. CnC?

Archived