[MtG] Void Claw Reaver (Written)

Forest Fire

Void Claw Reaver
{2}{b}{b}{b}
Creature - Human Warrior
Deathtouch
Whenever Void Claw Reaper deals combat damage to an opponent, that player discards a random card, then sacrifices a permanent that shares a permanent type with the discarded card. (The permanent types are artifact, creature, enchantment, land, and planeswalker.)
P 4 / T 3

Does this include if creatures do damage using their abilities, like with Goblin Sharpshooter?

Otherwise, it's better phrased with "If an unblocked creature deals combat damage..."

While it still sounds slightly clunky, it also prevents you from triggering the ability with trample or "assign as if it weren't blocked".

Does this include if creatures do damage using their abilities, like with Goblin Sharpshooter?

1) It's only "This creature". Sorry if it doesn't look like a creature. I'll move the p/t to under the ability

2) It's supposed to be Combat Damage, but if you think that it'd be ok just being "If this creature deals damage", then I'll make that change. Or if you think I should remove just the unblocked. Whatever

Ah, my bad, didn't see the "this".

But point still stands as it can still do non-combat damage if granted the ability from outside sources. Like Lightning Volley. Best to be as clear as possible over how you intend it to be.

I intended it to be combat damage from this creature, but if that's too underpowered for the cost and p/t, then i'd like to know so i can edit it to be better.

Void Claw Reaver

{2}{b}{b}{b}

Creature - Human Warrior

Deathtouch

Whenever Void Claw Reaper deals combat damage to an opponent, that player discards a random card, then sacrifices a permanent that shares a permanent type with the discarded card. (The permanent types are artifact, creature, enchantment, land, and planeswalker.)

P 4 / T 3

Fixed your wording. However, I did include two functional changes:

1. Only works on combat damage. [if you want to change that, remove 'combat'.

2. Works now if it tramples over damage as well (which is very easy with deathtouch). Given that you have to pay heavily in black (wrecking splashability) and black doesn't easily grant trample, you're probably fine. If you want to change that anyway, you could probably write "Whenever Void Claw Reaper deals combat damage to an opponent while unblocked".

Reverting both changes likely means just removing combat from the second line.

Archived