[MtG] Yawgmoth, Father of Machines (written)

heraldry_lord

Yawgmoth, Father of Machines

Mana Cost: {6}{B}{B}{B}

Planeswalker - Yawgmoth

Starting loyalty: 8

+3: Gain control of target creature. It becomes a black artifact in addition to its other types.

-5: Destroy all other nonland permanents, then put all creatures destroyed this way from the graveyards onto the battlefield under your control.

-10: You get an emblem with "You may cast nonland cards from your graveyard without paying their mana costs." and "If a card would be put into your graveyard from anywhere, exile that card instead."

Yawgmoth, Father of Machines can be your commander.

Interesting. I saw a different Yawgmoth card on MtG... oh. I see why. there's tons of references to this dude, but he doesn't seem to exist outside those references. huh.

I mean if you want to make him have more to do with machines and all, you could add "Permanents cast this way are treated as black artifacts in addition to their other types" to the first emblem. I like that you made the -10 limited in it's impact by exiling anything sent to your grave after activating it. Especially with how easy it seems to be get at.

Interesting. I saw a different Yawgmoth card on MtG... oh. I see why. there's tons of references to this dude, but he doesn't seem to exist outside those references. huh.

I mean if you want to make him have more to do with machines and all, you could add "Permanents cast this way are treated as black artifacts in addition to their other types" to the first emblem. I like that you made the -10 limited in it's impact by exiling anything sent to your grave after activating it. Especially with how easy it seems to be get at.

Yawgmoth was the arch villain in the old Urza MTG storyline, hes a really important character in the lore. He discovered Phyrexia and brought the phyrexians to Dominaria.

Archived