Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers-

Agro

3e2764dabbd01ea1e8f8fb3ee38d163414352676

> clearly seven people in the opening art. no spoiler there. nope

Anyway, show's pretty, got a great aztec diegesis, and the ending is cut and cool. (until they change the ending 4 episodes in BUT WATEVS NEW ONE IS ALMOST AS COOL)

We'll see where it goes.

This is one of two animes this season that I like, the other would be Ushio to Tora. So here to review some things i like and the things i don't like.

[spoiler=Spoiler]

I like how they break the generation's tradition, of now having seven people instead of six. And the design for most of them is pretty solid. The main character, the one with the red hair, is pretty silly and I like his style of fighting. He is a puss in a boots, sneazy yet effective way of fighting is pretty cool, since i didnt see that so much in animes. Backgrounds and use of color is pretty good, but the enemies, the demon like enemies are just a 3d models purely animated. That's the only thing I don't like so far. The story is a little GO HAPPY but oh well that's it for the most animes. Review based on a first and second episode.

Definitely seems promising.

• 4 weeks later...

So far my AOTS. It's gotten a bit slow but I really, really like the sudden Rokka no Umineko development. The next episode better be the reveal because god damn.

To be honest, I think the show switched gears from the group teaming up to stopping the evil and is instead now trying to solve the mystery.

Honestly, I like this show a lot. It has good bits of action and interesting characters and the mystery of additional members was an interesting direction to take. Underrated anime of this season for sure (that and Ushio and Tora).

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I'm loving this show, I wonder if the writers made a mistake to not somewhat setup the mystery in the first episode.

well, as someone who's read the LN...

[spoiler=very slight spoiler that doesn't state the identity of anyone or would do anything that would ruin the enjoyment of the mystery, i hope]well, maybe not the first episode but there was definitely some setting up before the temple thing

Just gotta leave this clear: Nachetanya is the hottest girl of this anime season, no doubt.

Hottest, sure, but FREMY IS DA BESS

• 2 weeks later...

well, as someone who's read the LN...

[spoiler=very slight spoiler that doesn't state the identity of anyone or would do anything that would ruin the enjoyment of the mystery, i hope]well, maybe not the first episode but there was definitely some setting up before the temple thing

Well the problem wasn't that there was any setup, but that there was no indication that there was a 7th brave to worry about until like episode 4-5. And that was the main focus of the series. For 5 episodes, the show was about the heroes coming together and defeating the demon king.

[spoiler=Also I'm honestly kind of disappointed with who the 7th was.]Not only did it turn out to be the least likely person, which is a lame way to do it, but, as a CR user put it "Not only did the 7th turn out to be my favorite, but another 7th showed up anyway, are you funking kidding me?"

Hottest, sure, but FREMY IS DA BESS
Also I think the case can be made that Flamie is hotter.

Well the problem wasn't that there was any setup, but that there was no indication that there was a 7th brave to worry about until like episode 4-5. And that was the main focus of the series. For 5 episodes, the show was about the heroes coming together and defeating the demon king.

[spoiler=Also I'm honestly kind of disappointed with who the 7th was.]Not only did it turn out to be the least likely person, which is a lame way to do it, but, as a CR user put it "Not only did the 7th turn out to be my favorite, but another 7th showed up anyway, are you funking kidding me?"

Also I think the case can be made that Flamie is hotter.

I suppose that's a fault in the medium rather than the writing itself. The 12 episodes we've seen is just one volume of the novels. Instead of being stuck with the wrong premise for five episodes, it's only a prologue and a chapter or two.

I'll agree that as an anime viewer I'd have felt cheated at the reveal and the clues being shown way back before the temple was a thing. Still, I think the reveal was pretty great, regardless of whether it was a legit mystery or not(Seen some argue its not).

Rolonia's voice was not quite how I expected it to be but it was satisfactory. Was kinda hoping they'd fix her design but that and the low animation quality of the episode made it hard to take seriously.

Sales predictions for this show's not very high, not a good sign for S2 and beyond ;_;

I suppose that's a fault in the medium rather than the writing itself. The 12 episodes we've seen is just one volume of the novels. Instead of being stuck with the wrong premise for five episodes, it's only a prologue and a chapter or two.

I'll agree that as an anime viewer I'd have felt cheated at the reveal and the clues being shown way back before the temple was a thing. Still, I think the reveal was pretty great, regardless of whether it was a legit mystery or not(Seen some argue its not).

Rolonia's voice was not quite how I expected it to be but it was satisfactory. Was kinda hoping they'd fix her design but that and the low animation quality of the episode made it hard to take seriously.

Sales predictions for this show's not very high, not a good sign for S2 and beyond ;_;

Honestly Rolonia's design was quite awkward, at least imo. I like the way she looks in the LN better.

As for the big reveal and shiz, even from the perspective of someone who's read the LN and knew who the seventh was (honestly I knew who it was gonna be before I even read the LN, and to be honest I'm kinda glad it was them, because they were imo the most bland and boring character before.) As for the 8th they've already dropped a few clues as to who it is, and that reveal is a whopper.

Archived