[MtG] Chronovora, Barrel of Explosives

bury the year

Chronovora {6}{U}{U}

Creature Leviathan (M)

Flash
When Chronovora enters the battlefield, end the turn. (Exile all spells and abilities on the stack. The player whose turn it is discards down to his or her maximum hand size. Damage wears off, and "this turn" and "until end of turn" effects end.)
If Chronovora would leave the battlefield, exile it instead.

5/5

Barrel of Explosives {3}

Artifact (U)

At the beginning of your end step, sacrifice Barrel of Explosives and it deals 4 damage to you.
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to an opponent, you may have that player gain control of Barrel of Explosives.

Chronovora is basically a time walk on legs. I feel like it could be 7UU and still be very good.

Barrel is neat.

Time Stop was printed, but you're right, this could probably get pushed to 9. Would probably require testing first, though.

Could Barrel go down to 2? I don't know if it'd be too much of an aggro play at that level.

Time Stop was printed, but you're right, this could probably get pushed to 9. Would probably require testing first, though.

Could Barrel go down to 2? I don't know if it'd be too much of an aggro play at that level.

Coming with a 5/5 body is not insignificant. As is the fact this can be used as a commander.

Barrel is interesting since you need to have some board presence before its safe to cast. Even then, you can get blown out by a removal spell. I think 3 is safe, but 2 is certainly possible. Would need to be tested.

Archived