Ballom - Because DP Needed a Galaxy-Eyes

VampireofDarkness

With DP having a Utopia equivalent, and Ballom himself having several forms, I thought it would be more than fair to give our Rank 8 counterpart to Kaiser. I wouldn't consider it a direct counterpart nor could I exactly call it an 100% comparison to Galaxy Eyes and his Xyz forms, but its the closest I can get to describing this Self Rank Up mess that'll for sure be a boss for future Fiend, DARK Dragon, and possibly Chaos Decks.

[spoiler Revived King]

SyyHYR3.png

2 Level 6 Fiend-Type Monsters
You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, send 1 Fiend-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. You can only activate this effect of "Ballom, Revived King of Armageddon" once per turn.

[spoiler Original Incarnate]

frDj559.png

2 Level 8 Fiend-Type Monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card using a Rank 5 or higher Fiend-Type Xyz monster you control with no Xyz Materials. When Summoned this way, this card cannot attack during the same turn it is Xyz Summoned. When this card destroys a monster by battle, you can target 1 Level 5 or higher Fiend-Type monster in your Graveyard; attach it to this card as an Xyz Material, but banish it when it is detached. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 Fiend-Type monster in your Graveyard; Normal Summon that monster. You can only control 1 "Ballom, Archfiend of Armagedon".

[spoiler Dorballom]

zx6lHx6.png

2 Level 10 Fiend-Type Monsters
During your Main Phase 2, you can also Xyz Summon this card using a Rank 8 or higher Fiend-Type Xyz monster you control with no Xyz Materials. When this card is Xyz Summoned, you can send 1 Fiend-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. When this card destroys a monster by battle, you can target 1 Level 5 or higher Fiend-Type monster in your Graveyard; attach it to this card as an Xyz Material, but banish it when it is detached. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 Fiend-Type monster you control; that target is unaffected by other card effects until the end of this turn. You can only control 1 "Dorballom, Archfiend of Armageddon".

[spoiler Dorballom D]

wBAdN0Y.png

2 Level 10 Dragon-Type Monsters
During your Main Phase 2, you can also Xyz Summon this card using a Rank 7 or higher Xyz monster you control with only DARK Dragon-Type monsters as Xyz Materials. This card is also treated as a Dragon-Type monster while it is face-up on the field. When this card is Xyz Summoned, you can send 1 DARK Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. When this card destroys a monster by battle, you can target 1 Level 5 or higher DARK Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard; attach it to this card as an Xyz Material, but banish it when it is detached. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 DARK Dragon-Type monster you control; that target is unaffected by other card effects until the end of this turn. You can only control 1 "Dorballom D, Dragon King of Armageddon".

[spoiler Ballcaedias]

TdWgcZ0.png

1 LIGHT Xyz Monster + 1 DARK Xyz Monster with the same Rank
While this card is on the field, this card's attribute is also treated as LIGHT and it is also treated as a Fairy-Type monster. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then activate one of the following effects, depending on the Attribute of the detached monster: ● LIGHT: Target 1 monster on the field; banish it. This card cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect. ● DARK: Banish 1 random card from your opponent's hand face-down, until your opponent's End Phase.

I came looking for Duel Masters Ballom and there is literally every form but the original master of Death....EXPLAIN THIS!! *and alt art incarnate does not count* 

Also excuse as rotflol at "Ballcaedias" 

Okay as a whole I think the set is nice. I find it sort of weird that they are all rank up targets yet can rank themselves up. Second, when would you ever use DorBallom D? It is Dorballom but with a type disadvantage.

I came looking for Duel Masters Ballom and there is literally every form but the original master of Death....EXPLAIN THIS!! *and alt art incarnate does not count*

Also excuse as rotflol at "Ballcaedias"

Okay as a whole I think the set is nice. I find it sort of weird that they are all rank up targets yet can rank themselves up. Second, when would you ever use DorBallom D? It is Dorballom but with a type disadvantage.

Lmao I might try to do OG Ballom as a Main Deck monster since that's the one thing Galaxy Eyes has that this is missing. Also, I kinda felt the same on Ballcaedias when I first saw its name :P

Anywho, thanks on the comment! I chose the Rank Up idea as a fancy attempt to translate the Evolution mechanic. The original incarnate of Ballom was as the big boss of Archfiend that ranked up from its Xyz and helped advance the strategy of the Xyz you ranked up off of, so more or less continuing that. Revived King sets up targets for OG->OG gets monsters on the field->Dorballom protects them

As for Dorballom D, it is based upon Dorballom's form that evolves off of Darkness Dragons, so I decided that with the banning of Number 95, it would be nice to give a huge boss to some of these Decks, but I limited its usage knowing what 95 did before. I might make it more lenient, but I'll see how it fairs out in the future.

Archived