Yu-Gi-Oh!: Stadium Renewal

GarlandChaos

There are several things that should be taken into account while reading this, my first story.

1. The duels contained within use game rules from the anime. For example: Monsters can be summoned in Attack or Defense, duelists start with 4000 Life Points, and so on.

2. Key items such as Duel Disks are present; however, Kaiba, and as a result, KaibaCorp, as well as other characters and such are not present in this story. This is a fan-made reboot of the second series anime using a completely new cast and storyline. Duel Disks were manufactured by a different company in this story.

3. As the story is written with the second series anime in mind, Archetypes will not be used. Cards that belong to an archetype before said archetype was introduced (for example: Beast of Talwar, Summoned Skull, etc.) are still fair game.

4. In addition to the above, cards such as Pendulum Monsters, Tuners, Synchro Monsters, and Xyz Monsters, as well as the cards that interact with them, will also not be used.

5. Life Point totals shall be written in the following format:

Duelist 1: 4000

Duelist 2: 4000

Card information shall be written in the following format:

Statistics:

Name

ATTRIBUTE * <The stars represent the monster's level; 1 star for each level.

ATK: ?/ DEF: ?

Type/Sub-Type (Or Spell/Trap Type.)

Effects and flavor text will be written here.

If you've read the above notes, thank you. If you so desire, you may begin to read.

[spoiler=Chapter 1]

Chapter 1: The Fangs of a Snake

The loud and energetic music boomed throughout the stadium as the two duelists entered the fray, the audience screaming in excitement.

Entering from the southern part of the stadium was a lean man dressed in a striped purple business suit and a brown fedora. He was smoking a large cigar and grinning ear-to-ear, as if he was expecting this battle to be a surefire win. Regardless, the stadium's audience was cheering at him and shouting nervous praise in his direction. The man seemed to notice, but didn't seem to care.

From the northern part of the stadium, a young man looking to be in his very early 20s walked in, his upper body adorned with a seemingly mechanical suit of armor. The right arm was adorned with a seemingly cybernetic gauntlet and a simple metal shoulder pad on its respective shoulder; however, his left arm was completely bare. In contrast to his cybernetic upper body, his lower body was comprised of gray jeans and two soccer cleats. The audience turned to a hushed whisper, concerned for the young man's sanity and safety. The whispering then stopped as the announcer did his job.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Tonight in the first match of the Arcadia Delta tournament, we have the fan favorite Clyde 'Snake' Bonaparte, and his opponent, who we think has no chance, Garet McCrain!"

The announcer's declaration of the two duelists caused the audience to burst with anticipation. The two duelists shuffled their decks and loaded them into their decks when they finished.

"'Ey, Garet," Clyde said to his opponent from his side, "y'know that prize money yous finks you'll be gettin' from dis tournament? Jus' fuggedaboutit, 'mkay?" He snickered as he continued to puff on his cigar.

Garet responded just loud enough for Clyde to hear him. "Snakes shouldn't show their faces around people."

Clyde growled, waiting for the announcer's signal to start dueling.

"Duelists! Prepare for dueling! READY...!"

"DUEL!"

Clyde: 4000
Garet: 4000

The two duelists drew their five cards and looked at their starting hands. Clyde snickered as he drew his sixth card, as he was going first.

"'Ey, I fink I'll go first, y'know? I summon Jirai Gumo in Attack Mode!"

A brown, large, round and ugly spider reminescent of a bomb ready to detonate materialized on the field, screeching.

Statistics:
Jirai Gumo
EARTH ****
ATK: 2200/ DEF:100
Insect/Effect
When this card declares an attack: Toss a coin and call it. If you call it wrong, lose half your life points.

"I'll set 1 card face-down and end my turn, y'know?"

Garet stared at the spider, aware of its effect and large ATK.

"It's my draw now. I summon Gear Golem the Moving Fortress in Defense Mode!"

A golden fort-like robot adorned with spikes and a head-crest emerged from the card, pulling its "limbs" close to itself for protection.

Statistics:
Gear Golem the Moving Fortress
EARTH ****
ATK: 800/ DEF: 2200
Machine/Effect
Once per turn, during your Main Phase 1: You can pay 800 Life Points; this card can attack your opponent directly this turn.

Garet looked at his hand, not trusting his luck with his next draw. His hand was less than desirable. He grunted.

"...I'll end my turn."

Clyde cackled, amused by Garet's choice in protection.

"'Ey, Garet, wazza matta whit' chu?! That fing don't look scary at all! Ah, well. I should jus' draw, y'know?"

Clyde drew his next card, still snickering at Garet's defense.

"I fink I'll be bringin' out another monsta; I summon Yormungarde in Defense Mode!"

A sickly-pale serpent with a bluish green underbelly, intimidating jaws and no visible eyes spiraled forth from the card, coling its body for defense.

Statistics:
Yormungarde
EARTH ***
ATK: 1200/ DEF: 900
Reptile
An extremely long snake that dwells in the world of myth.

Garet flinched as Clyde summoned his next monster. He had a feeling that he had more tricks up his sleeve.

"'Ey, dis may be a snake, but I fink I can bring out a stronger monsta, y'know? Fankfully, I have Tribute Doll fer dat!"

Statistics:
Tribute Doll
Normal Spell Card
Tribute 1 monster; Special Summon 1 Level 7 monster from your hand that can be Normal Summoned or Normal Set. It cannot attack this turn.

"And I fink Yormungarde o'er there needs a replacement, so let's jus' fuggedaboutit startin' now, 'mkay?"

Yormungarde let out a screech as its body dematerialized and burst, a new monster taking its place."

"And 'ey, what better monsta for someone like me than Barrel Dragon, y'know?"

Taking Yormungarde's place was a dragon-like machine with a shiny black metallic armor and three deceivingly colorful cannons replacing its head and arms. A charging sound could be heard from the beast.

Statistics:
Barrel Dragon
DARK *******
ATK: 2600/ DEF: 2200
Dragon/Effect
Once per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; toss a coin 3 times and destroy it if at least 2 of the results are heads.

The crowd went wild at the sight of the mechanical monstrosity as it charged its weapons. Garet started sweating in fear.

"'Ey, wazza matta whit' chu, Garet? You look as though someone's holding a cannon right in front of yer face!" Clyde started cackling wildly, enjoying himself way too much. Garet knew full well that if Barrel Dragon's effect worked and blasted his Gear Golem, his life points would be easy pickings for Clyde's Jirai Gumo.

He waited for his inevitable demise.

...to be continued in Chapter 2

Archived